General Hot Toys Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is back today with the ultimate Iron Man suit! If you have missed the original Mark III collectible figure, this is a good news for you! Hot Toys proudly present the battle damaged version of the Iron Man Mark III, which is another MUST-BUY collectible for Iron Man hard-core fans. Check out the product spec. on our online catalogue and you'll see the impressive Mark III with NEW gadgets such as Expendable wrist gauntlet, Ejective shoulder mounted micro munitions pod, interchangeable chest armors, and more......Don't miss him again before he flew away! And please stay tuned with us to check out the Tony Stark headsculpt pictures later on!

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/newsletter/2009/9/15/index.html

They gonna reveal the Tony Stark HS, what's up with that? Is it gonna be a surprise? lol

Its gotten to the point where you really have to pick just one Movie or franchise and just commit to it. That way it wouldn't be so bad if they come out with variants because, your plan from the start would be to buy 'the whole set'. But if your just collecting Hot Toys in general ( like myself ) Eventually you're gonna go crazy ( like myself ) :D

I hear ya. I started this craze with Batman Begins. I purchased with the thought of only collecting DC & Marvel 1/6th scale movie adapted figures. A few years later, I added SW, Rambo, Predator and T:S figures into my stable. :duh

I am excited about the Marvel licensing announcement. Trilogy, variants and upcoming DC & Marvel films will produce enough figures to regain my initial focus. I am certain a figure or two outside the DC & Marvel scope will creep in but for the most part I will reamined focused. Plus I can collect all the variants without breaking the piggy bank (too much) :D

Was Machiko a slow seller? Because there hasn't been any more news on the Hot Angels line she was supposedly the start of. I was hoping there would be a chance of a Resident Evil:4 Ada Wong in that line.

I don;t think she would even qualify for that line.

It seemed to be for "original" figures.

They really dropped the ball on making an Ada figure. :(

wow so i bought the mark3 suit now they have the battle damaged version cmon....... no wonder the value of collectibles has gone down.... perfect example the joker if hot toys had just perfected one joker figure and released it, it would be worth $$$$$$$ but of course not.

If they had just released 1 perfect joker, you'd end up with the $$$$.

But they released 3 jokers, and they end up with the $$$$$$$$.

No kidding. What a silly statement. Why does Ht Toys care if the figure goes up in value after they sell it? They sell those things wholesale to retailers. Once it's sold from them it's sold retailers mark up to make a profit off each item and HT gets none of the mark up. It going up in value over time does nothing for them. And if they ever released more it would simply make the value go down. This is how supply and demand works it's basic principals. The only reason why they would stop making new jokers is if one tanked in initial sales. People seem to forget this is a business they are running and they have a hot commodity right now hell if i was them I'd purposely release inferior versions each time and as soon as the market says "ok I've had enough i won't buy this version no matter how much of an improvement it is".

It's also business. If Hot toys was not making a profit they wouldn't have the funds to continually purchase huge licenses, talent and keep pushing the envelope on what they do They're in it to make money of course but why wouldn't they be? With them being profitable the community wins too However the downside is once they rule the market they can get sloppy/lazy a lot easier and cut corners easier too, Maybe not even by choice as with more going on and faster deadlines approach quality suffers. The quality on the John Connor first run, Mark One Iron Man Tony Stark head, even heads like Harvey Dent suffer greatly from shoddy quality control especially compared to their earlier work.

Was Machiko a slow seller? Because there hasn't been any more news on the Hot Angels line she was supposedly the start of. I was hoping there would be a chance of a Resident Evil:4 Ada Wong in that line.

I knew she was still available at many places, but I just checked Sideshow and she is available there as well. :horror I'm sure this is because most action figure collectors are males and don't want to be labled as barbie or doll collectors. By the way, I'm not one of the ones ashamed of collecting dolls. :ted

She Predator - Machiko
12 inch Figure
Item Number: 900183

Manufactured by: Hot Toys

Price: US $159.99

in-stock

machiko has one of the best female head sculpt ever done on an action figure IMO.

Anyways, what's up with sellers selling PO stuffs like MJ thriller, wolverine, connor (final battle) etc on ebay be it BIN or NR auctions, and promising 30 days for item arrival? Have anyone actually tried buying it before? What happens after 30 days, and the fig isn't releases yet?

It's just to cover their obligations under ebay regulations. This issue comes up from time to time when you don't know, but that's okay. You need to buy from a reputable ebay retailer (store). It's can still be a risk, but there are many tried and true ebay stores. I've bought many items and sure, I've had some problems, but they've been fixed. After 30 days, which in the case of most pre-orders, as Hot Toys opens up pre-orders further and further out from the anticipated release date, and again, pushes it back closer to the release date, is that you have to wait it out.

One problem is Hot Toys don't necessarily release items all at the same time, or in the same manner. Sometimes they release them in waves. Sometimes your ebay store, of choice, gets their order first, sometimes last. You'll notice people getting edgy and asking if anyone has heard from their particular ebay merchant. Because of the sporadic nature of these waves your merchant may send out their first shipment and your order may be in the second shipment. Patience is the key, but on occasion you may have to prompt your merchant, but I wouldn't go bombarding them with emails. There is a language barrier factor involved also. Be aware of that too.

I understand that whole part, but it just doesn't make sense. Paying for an item that will take at least 2-3 months, and by then you can't even file a complaint via paypal no more.

Why would people take such risks, when they can just BIN it on ebay when its actually in stock, just a 20-30USD difference, but you get the fig in a weeks time.

Back