General Hot Toys Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, it would be cool to have that sparkly glowy finnish lol!, like Cortanna from McFarlanes Halo line.

:lecture Yeah exactly! Maybe give him a base too with some lights shining on him to give him the light-up effect, if an internal light-mechanism wouldn't work. It works pretty well with Cortana I think :)

Anyone seen the latest paint job app on particularly john connor and the godfather? Its fantasticly unbelievable! I can't believe anyone couldve done such a paintjob, less alone in such a large scale production!

I thought BR joker was already perfection, and the highest level any company could do in a mass production, but the connor paint just bring HT to another level! I doubt that any of the existing competitors could even compete with HT now. They are clearly in a league of their own!

Nope. Brian would license Farscape for just about anything, but no company has approached them.
That didn't used to be the rumor. If thats the case then maybe its time to choose a company and write them. If we get a bunch of folks to do it, it certainly couldn't hurt.
Me too. Aldo is the only Inglourious Basterds fig I'd buy anyway.
The only Aldo I want is from Battle for the Planet of the Apes. :monkey3

I'd prefer one of the Dirty Dozen that any of the Inglorious Basterds.

That didn't used to be the rumor. If thats the case then maybe its time to choose a company and write them. If we get a bunch of folks to do it, it certainly couldn't hurt.

The only Aldo I want is from Battle for the Planet of the Apes. :monkey3

They did license toys and other things. I know that they've been approached recently about Farscape and were open to it, but nothing came of it.

I want Blade.. I know there's a pole going for some new characters and blade is still the lowest percentage.. I'm hoping..

I wantt 1/6 Schummi, Rossi and their wheels from Hot toyysssss lol

No one interested with HULK? I ticked HULK in the poll actually, gonna be a very revolutionary of muscular body and body size!!! I hope HULK wont be categorized in 1:7 or 1/10 figure >_<'' or it's just okay if he's as tall as Sideshow Darth Vader eps.IV or T-600 with a little more significant extra height...

I wantt 1/6 Schummi, Rossi and their wheels from Hot toyysssss lol

No one interested with HULK? I ticked HULK in the poll actually, gonna be a very revolutionary of muscular body and body size!!! I hope HULK wont be categorized in 1:7 or 1/10 figure >_<'' or it's just okay if he's as tall as Sideshow Darth Vader eps.IV or T-600 with a little more significant extra height...

I think a lot of people are interested in seeing HT tackle the Hulk... but just add it to the pile of stuff we "want" to see happen.

Although, with all the movement they seem to be making with Marvel I wouldn't be surprised to see Hulk at some point. I know I'd be buying one :rock

Only problem I foresee with Hulk is Hot Toys over-reliance (in my opinion) on the rubber, muscled bodies when someone's muscles are prominent. That means minimal articulation, which means it won't be much more than a glorified, rubber-coated statue. Knees won't bend much, elbows won't bend much, neck probably won't bend much. Maybe they'll do the cut shoulder joints, but that only goes so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very interested to see what they might do, and might buy him irrespective of articulation, but when I buy an "action figure," I like to be able to pose the sum^^^^^. There are lots of great Hulk statues out there already.

Due to the bulk/weight of using a rubber body I think they would probably opt to do a sculpted plastic body. I have the T-Rex figure from their Apexplorers line and the torso is so heavy the legs can't support the weight :lol With something like this it would be even worse.

So I'd guess some kind of a roto-cast body would have to be made. And honestly if they painted it well (which we know they would) and worked to hide the articulation I think it could look awesome.

Only problem I foresee with Hulk is Hot Toys over-reliance (in my opinion) on the rubber, muscled bodies when someone's muscles are prominent. That means minimal articulation, which means it won't be much more than a glorified, rubber-coated statue. Knees won't bend much, elbows won't bend much, neck probably won't bend much. Maybe they'll do the cut shoulder joints, but that only goes so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very interested to see what they might do, and might buy him irrespective of articulation, but when I buy an "action figure," I like to be able to pose the sum^^^^^. There are lots of great Hulk statues out there already.

^agreed. My thoughts exactly. But still, I'm a sucker for HT and their innovation. I'm very interested to see what they have to offer in terms of the Hulk. But my vote still goes for HT spidey :rock

The thing about HT that i get pissed about is that they come with so many variants!
First it was the Joker fig, then the Batman TDK now its IM!
Don't try to fool us just by renaming it IM battle damage... its SO OBVIOUS its a DX. Its just under a different name just to scam us buyers.
Just come out with a finalized version on everything instead of making a version 1, version 2, version 3 and so on...
I'm getting so PISSED! When will this end!

I'm guessing alot of you would say "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT!" but the thing is, I like it, and I bought it being told it was the best and blablabla... but then only to be told that a new version would be coming out, not only that but with more features and gadgets. Its not like I'm made of money! I'm a student and I practically have to save for at least 4-5 months/figure...

This is never ending! Nobody gains from this except HT!
The collectors, the sellers!
I just want HT to come out with just 1 version of everything... the most 2. Is that so hard to ask?

HT have no credibility at all!

I hope we all agree and take a stand on this...

Back