General Hot Toys Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Well, in my case, I was hoping that they could at the very least, complete and release all watchmen fig if not (rorschach and nite owl 2, since they are already released a comedian proto), like if they had released all six's protos or production 4 months ago, when I just watched the movie, I'd totally get all of em. Right now, I just need to get rorschach, nite owl and the comedian.

I guess they just need to improve on their time management, that's all.

Rorschach at least, that's all I'm asking, makes sense he's a great, troubled character.

I would like a Dillon, Mac or a Blaine.. Please, HOT TOYS!

See, this is a perfect example.

Had they decided to just make a Dutch, then I'd be totally fine with them not releasing the rest of the crew.

But they chose to do one of the crew, and its Billy, for Christ's sake! Why couldn't they've given us a Blaine or a Mac?! I'd be a happier man if they had done either one, just not Billy!

I'd really like a 1/6 HT Alien queen. :monkey2
Should be around the same amount of material as the Tumbler right?

I'm hoping so hard they at least put out Rorschach and Nite Owl before they quit, if not the whole team.

Yes, me too! If I can't buy them all than I would love to have at least a Nite Owl II to display next to Silk Spectre which I already have on pre-order.

Besides that, I'm very excited about the Inglourious Basterds announcement.

Yes, me too! If I can't buy them all than I would love to have at least a Nite Owl II to display next to Silk Spectre which I already have on pre-order.

Besides that, I'm very excited about the Inglourious Basterds announcement.

I think i am down for the whole line of these figures, maybe Hot Toys can be innovative again, and give us a Dr.Manhattan that lights up all over..who knows!, they are great and very diverse characters.

See, this is a perfect example.

Had they decided to just make a Dutch, then I'd be totally fine with them not releasing the rest of the crew.

But they chose to do one of the crew, and its Billy, for Christ's sake! Why couldn't they've given us a Blaine or a Mac?! I'd be a happier man if they had done either one, just not Billy!
I hope we get alteast, two more from this line..

I think i am down for the whole line of these figures, maybe Hot Toys can be innovative again, and give us a Dr.Manhattan that lights up all over..who knows!, they are great and very diverse characters.

actually dr.manhattan is the only one from the line i'd bother getting. just cos he's so visually striking---and i don't mean cos of his blue willie. ahem.

if hot toys were to do a manhattan, a translucent figure with blue light-up-from-inside feature would be awesome!

in the case of watchmen, i think ht is simply adopting a wait-and-see approach. they want to gauge the popularity of the silk spectre and comedian figures first before commiting vast amounts of money, time and resources to doing the rest of the line.

I find it strange that Hot Toys is starting the Watchmen line with an entry as weak as Silk Spectre. I would want her only if she completed the full line up.

Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan would have been a much saner choice to open the line... if you are to gauge the lines' popularity. SIlk Spectre is for completists only.

I find it strange that Hot Toys is starting the Watchmen line with an entry as weak as Silk Spectre. I would want her only if she completed the full line up.

Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan would have been a much saner choice to open the line... if you are to gauge the lines' popularity. SIlk Spectre is for completists only.

good point and u may very well be right. but i have a feeling they chose silk spectre because she has "sex appeal". and sex sells, as we all know. besides that, it also provides variety to the ht portfolio. there are so few female figures based on movie properties in ht's stable, so if the watchmen line does not take off, then at least they have her to show for it.

And see I wouldn't want Silk Spectre at all IF I already had Rorschach, but since shes the first one out the gate I'm considering her. Only because shes first.

Same thing with Billy Sole, if they had the whole Predator cast, I probably would have only got Mac and Blaine. But i have a feeling the Predator line (the first movie at least) is done. I think the actors likeness rights was too much of a hassle for Hot Toys. And now they've got Inglorious Bastards, Astro Boy And Iron Man 2 + whatever they haven't revealed yet, why go back and fight with some actor for one figure thats not even a guaranteed seller :(

If they did mars Attack I'd like to think there is a chance they'd do Farscape...
I think Henson is as difficult as Kubrik when it comes to licensing.
It's stunning to me they haven't done an Alien Queen yet. C'mon Hot Toys, it's probably their most requested figure...git'er done already! :D
The Alien Queen was suggested but they couldn't get the likeness rights. She's a ^^^^^!!
Ok, more seriously, it is rather tiresome to see so many Dark Knights and Jokers and, yes, even Ironman. While I don't have them all (but sure wish I could) the Ironman figures are crucial, at least in comicdom, to the characters progression. Joker? He's Joker. Did we need cop Joker who has such a short screen time? No. I think its just milking the Ledger legend as far as it will go. This last Batman with light up eyes? Very cool. Should have been the first version, maybe the only version.
Look at all that is missing.
Gordon, as was said.
Alfred
Dillon
Blaine
Mac
Hawkins
Poncho
Harrigan
Keyes
Thunderlips
While I would like to a Thiler MJ werewolf do we need more than any one other version?
Cornelius
Zira
Dr. Zaius
Taylor
Nova Brent
Thats just off the top of my head.

But then, go to HT's site and in the top banner these are the only license listed:
Astro Boy
Matrix
X-men Origins: Wolverine
Mars Attacks!
Michael Jackson
Alien
Terminator Salvation
Watchmen
The Dark Knight
More

Now, sure the "more" encompasses everything else they may or may not be going to work on but it also leaves a lot to worry about.
I'm not saying we should be bled dry for every figure in every license, but there are more to be had then what we get.
Didn't we get enough of that with Sideshow omitting characters necessary to the line when they "thought" they had already done its core characters?

Silk Spectre has been my second favorite character in Watchmen since I read the novel and saw the movie, and I was so surprised and so happy when she was announced first because I really didn't think we would get her.

It's bugging me that they haven't released anything more about The Comedian, like the specs and the release date.....

And I would be really, really surprised if they did not do Rorschach, as he's easy money to make since he's by far the most popular Watchmen character.

I think Henson is as difficult as Kubrik when it comes to licensing.

The Alien Queen was suggested but they couldn't get the likeness rights. She's a ^^^^^!!
Ok, more seriously, it is rather tiresome to see so many Dark Knights and Jokers and, yes, even Ironman. While I don't have them all (but sure wish I could) the Ironman figures are crucial, at least in comicdom, to the characters progression. Joker? He's Joker. Did we need cop Joker who has such a short screen time? No. I think its just milking the Ledger legend as far as it will go. This last Batman with light up eyes? Very cool. Should have been the first version, maybe the only version.
Look at all that is missing.
Gordon, as was said.
Alfred
Dillon
Blaine
Mac
Hawkins
Poncho
Harrigan
Keyes
Thunderlips

While I would like to a Thiler MJ werewolf do we need more than any one other version?
Cornelius
Zira
Dr. Zaius
Taylor
Nova Brent
Thats just off the top of my head.

But then, go to HT's site and in the top banner these are the only license listed:
Astro Boy
Matrix
X-men Origins: Wolverine
Mars Attacks!
Michael Jackson
Alien
Terminator Salvation
Watchmen
The Dark Knight
More

Now, sure the "more" encompasses everything else they may or may not be going to work on but it also leaves a lot to worry about.
I'm not saying we should be bled dry for every figure in every license, but there are more to be had then what we get.
Didn't we get enough of that with Sideshow omitting characters necessary to the line when they "thought" they had already done its core characters?

Let's not forget Barbossa and the rest of the Hellboy II characters: Liz Sherman, Johann Krauss, Nuada and Nuala, Wink. HT's lack of commitment to their lines is what seriously pisses me off :mad:

Heres what I think we'll get:

Astro Boy- We'll probably get Astro in civilian clothes and maybe one more vynl sculture. Dont think they'll Do other characters

Matrix- I don't know whats up with this line there must be some kind of road block/loop hole stopping them, It doesn't make any sense to start with sentinel and then move on to the APC (in the same scale) without any 1/6 figures yet. I think WB is restricting them.

X-men Origins: Wolverine- They might do one more Wolverine and thats it. You have to consider the popularity of the other character in Hong Kong. Wolvie will sell the others are all a risk. Then they'll jump directly to the X-men films and I think we'll get almost the whole cast, Since Hot Toys got the Marvel deal.

Mars Attacks!- They'll do the female Martian since they already have the cosbaby so we know they're thinking about it. Then the Purple Martian leader ( which is just a repaint ) Not much they can do after that without the humans ( which i doubt they'll do cause of the likeness rights) Myab they can do some vynl sculpts of the UFO's or the Walker robot, but not likely

Michael Jackson- This line could go for a very long time, I can think of six more figures they could put out, all would sell. Depends how long they have the License. Smooth criminal is definitely next.

Alien- Space suit Ripley, maybe Ash because he's got robot parts. Don't think they would do the rest of the crew, we have Kane an Dallas. The others wouldn't make good stand alone figure. The cast in Aliens worked cause they all had weapons and armor.

Terminator Salvation- Well Everyone says John Connor V2 was canceled :monkey2. They' might do a T-RIP endo. A Moto terminator is a long shot. But i think its done. They have already declared no Arnold figure based off of Salvation. I don't think they'll waste effort on other characters. Even tho I want them They don't work as stand alone products.

Watchmen- This line could get the whole cast. Each character looks interesting on their own even if they're not well known. At least Nite owl and Rorschach. Defintley

The Dark Knight-Its done. After DX Batman, Joker.

Inglorious Bastards- Aldo and the Bear, thats it.

Iron Man 2- Mark IV, War Machine, Whiplash, Whiplash V2, Black widow, Bruce Banner And then DX Ironman. I really want Whiplash to be a 2 in 1 but I know that wont happen

Mars Attacks!- They'll do the female Martian since they already have the cosbaby so we know they're thinking about it.

I wish that was true. If Hot Toys made a figure out of every Cosbaby that they made, I could look forward to them adding Dr. Zaius, Cornelius, Zira AND Taylor to their current POTA line! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

But we all know that probably isn't happening. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I wish that was true. If Hot Toys made a figure out of every Cosbaby that they made, I could look forward to them adding Dr. Zaius, Cornelius, Zira AND Taylor to their current POTA line! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

But we all know that probably isn't happening. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

:horror
Mr. Negativity!!

actually dr.manhattan is the only one from the line i'd bother getting. just cos he's so visually striking---and i don't mean cos of his blue willie. ahem.

if hot toys were to do a manhattan, a translucent figure with blue light-up-from-inside feature would be awesome!

Yea, it would be cool to have that sparkly glowy finnish lol!, like Cortanna from McFarlanes Halo line.

Back