General Grievous Life-Size Bust Post yours here!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is ticking me off........... Since when does a retailer charge you UP FRONT for a piece???

It's been over two weeks that I've been charged and still no word on this :mad:

I've never dealt with monsters in motion before....kinda messed up they charge you up front and don't follow up with your order :( ...give them a call! I usually buy from Bigbadtoystore.com, that's where I got my Grievous from and at a cheaper price than sideshow. Service was fast and I've never had a problem with them :D

I've never dealt with monsters in motion before....kinda messed up they charge you up front and don't follow up with your order :( ...give them a call! I usually buy from Bigbadtoystore.com, that's where I got my Grievous from and at a cheaper price than sideshow. Service was fast and I've never had a problem with them :D

Oh I have called and emailed them. Their response is just "oh it should be here any day now"..... The thing is, I got this online from them for $400 shipped (which apparently was a mistake). So I'm wondering if they're just hoping that I cancel since they aren't making much, if ANY, of a profit.... But even still, why charge up front?! :confused:

When it comes to this hobby, sometimes savings aren't worth the hastle. I always stick to buying from people and companies that I either know personally or know from people I trust that I can count on. I'd rather pay extra and know I'm covered than save and go through a hastle.

When it comes to this hobby, sometimes savings aren't worth the hastle. I always stick to buying from people and companies that I either know personally or know from people I trust that I can count on. I'd rather pay extra and know I'm covered than save and go through a hastle.

Especially on big items like this.

I'm sorry, but doesn't EVERY retailer only charge you when the item is going to SHIP to the buyer???? That's why it's a "business" right? I mean, the store BUYS from the distributor THEN charges the customer, no?

They apparently said that "Sideshow wants payment up front before they ship these to us"...... Ummmmmmmmmm, OK?! Then that's when the business pays for it!

Sorry, I'm just a little heated :eek:

It's screwy how they're handling things, but that's why it's as important where you're getting a product from as the price. If you don't have any experience or know anyone you trust that can vouch for them, it's not always a good idea to try and get a big savings deal going with an unknown because you could end up in a mess like you're in now.

Oh I have called and emailed them. Their response is just "oh it should be here any day now"..... The thing is, I got this online from them for $400 shipped (which apparently was a mistake). So I'm wondering if they're just hoping that I cancel since they aren't making much, if ANY, of a profit.... But even still, why charge up front?! :confused:

so the bust hasn't even reached their retail store?

i am also waiting on my Grievous and have also been charged... but, i am really not too worried.

I beleive Monsters in Motion is an official SS Retailer so I don't think you have to question their relability so maybe they are just really slow.

yeah, that's what i am thinking too... they have been around ever since i can remember so i really think we are in good hands... slow hands, but good hands.

I beleive Monsters in Motion is an official SS Retailer so I don't think you have to question their relability so maybe they are just really slow.

Well that's good to hear at least.... They did respond to my emails, and calls. EVENTUALLY. So I won't say they're absolutely TERRIBLE, but their not on top of their game either :angelsmil

Got my replacement from SS today :monkey1

collection017.jpg

I would have smashed it such that the faceplate and eyes were intact keep it as battle damaged or something, it looks so cool.

Back