Media Gears of War Remastered and GOW 4 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My how this forum has changed from when I first joined. There's a Gears of War Ultimate Edition Beta out and this thread is inactive. In days past this would have been the most active thread.

In other news, there are kids on my lawn and I want them off. :thud:

My how this forum has changed from when I first joined. There's a Gears of War Ultimate Edition Beta out and this thread is inactive. In days past this would have been the most active thread.

:lol

Most of the gang is gone. Saw you on last night. Did you get the second code to work for the beta? Mine still says no authorized after using the 2nd code.

Most of the gang is gone. Saw you on last night. Did you get the second code to work for the beta? Mine still says no authorized after using the 2nd code.

I had difficulty getting it to work, kept getting not authorized. Had a few messages from XBL, redeemed them all and one of them gave me an extra downloadable beta entry pack for a few mb, once that downloaded I was in.

Was very laggy however!

Ah those old feelings of rage and frustration came flooding back playing the Beta, good times.

Yeah, I got the 2nd code Monday evening and fortunately it worked for me.

Ah those old feelings of rage and frustration came flooding back playing the Beta, good times.

100% factual! :lecture :cuss :lol

I did a hard reset on my One and it worked last night and YES Spartan.....all the rage came right back LOL.....Loved it.

The party lobby is disabled in the Beta so you can't play with friends.

But it's good to see things are normal in Gears... :lol

The party lobby is disabled in the Beta so you can't play with friends.

But it's good to see things are normal in Gears... :lol

LOL....I had a guy roadie run right at me. Shot him twice and didn't even register a point and then he blew me away in one shot LOL. That was my 1st WTF moment and I had to remind myself....it's Gears :lol

Here are the tweaks you should know about heading into Ultimate Edition:
- The movement and cover system feel more like Gears 3. You can revive squadmates without popping out of cover, dodge in any direction, and even change weapons while roadie running.
- The five PC-exclusive chapters from Act 5 (which were cut from the 360 version late in development) have been integrated back into the story.
- It runs at 60 frames per second, in 1080p. And it's still built on Unreal Engine 3, albeit with a bunch of new tricks and graphical flourishes.
- Everything's been redone about the cutscenes, including a new orchestral score, except the dialogue. No more deadpan Dom off to the side with his thousand-yard stare.
- The new Casual difficulty is actually suitable for casual play, with the old Casual setting renamed Normal.
- Competitive multiplayer will have six modes. The three new modes are Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, and a formal mode for the fan-created 2v2 Gnasher ruleset.
- All the original and DLC maps are included.
- A few team-coordination features will come over from Gears of War 3, like Tac-Com and enemy spotting.
- Online multiplayer will have dedicated servers. You can also bring in a local split-screen buddy for matchmaking or even do LAN play.
- It's releasing on August 25 for $39.99 on PC and Xbox One.

Beta was absolutely great, loved it. If you guys want to play online just PM me. Would love to play gears with fellow freaks :rock

Back