Media Gears of War Remastered and GOW 4 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWEJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can not be the only one who enjoys playing the greatest multiplayer series of all time, can I? :)

With Polygon confirming the remaster, this is pretty much set in stone. I am super excited for Gears of War to make its debut on the Xbox One. E3 reveal and should be release date of this November/December. Anyone else buying this or looking forward to Gears 4?

Looking forward to both, although can't see it releasing in amongst Halo 5 and COD as they would just give themselves too much competition! Will be awesome to play GOW1 again.

I played the first 3 too many times, I'm not interested in the remasters but I do care about the new one

Yup played the first one for like 20 minutes. And thought it was the worst gaming experience ever, way back when. Never been tempted to try again.

Looking forward to Gears remastered since the first one is the only one I don't have 100% achievements so this will give me the opportunity. Well other than Judgment, I'm still missing one achievement for that one.

With the gow 1 remake it'll be interesting if all the original MP make it. Guy running the show has made it clear in years past he was not a fan of a couple of them. I hope he realizes now that these remakes are about what the fans what

With the gow 1 remake it'll be interesting if all the original MP make it. Guy running the show has made it clear in years past he was not a fan of a couple of them. I hope he realizes now that these remakes are about what the fans what

Are you MATT71 over on the Black Tusk Forums? Was reading a thread and it was eerily similar to this post.

Rod hopefully will keep the same maps. Maybe even throw some Gears 3 maps on there. Some minor tweaks, fixes, dedicated servers, more skins and more characters, lancer/gnasher only, should be good.

SOURCE - Gamespot

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Spotted on Brazilian Game Rating Site
Rating body also lists Dishonored Definitive Edition.
by Emanuel Maiberg on May 10, 2015

Last month we heard rumors that a remastered version of Gears of War was in development and now we might have an official title for the game.
Classificação Indicativa, the Brazilian rating body, has listed a game called Gears of War: Ultimate Edition with the release date of 2015.
The same rating body also listed something called Dishonored Definitive Edition, which also has a release date of 2015.
Given the recent rumors, a Gears of War remastered for Xbox One seems likely, even if the Brazilian listing is inaccurate. We haven't heard the same rumors about Dishonored, though a remaster that includes all of the game's DLC certainly sounds plausible.
Last month, sources told Polygon that the Xbox One version of Gears of War features better lighting and improved texture quality. The publication adds that multiplayer runs at 60fps. In addition, the Gears of War HD Remaster will reportedly feature new cinematics.
Another source told Polygon that Splash Damage, the UK-based independent studio behind games like Brink and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, is handling development on the Gears of War HD remaster. Multiple job postings at the developer reference that the studio is currently working on a "very well known and highly popular AAA title with next gen technology."
Microsoft acquired the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games last year, putting its internal team Black Tusk Studios to work on a new entry in the action-shooter series for Xbox One. That project is separate from the reported remaster.
As for when Microsoft may officially announce the Gears of War HD Remaster, and maybe Black Tusk's new project, producer Rod Fergusson previously teased that fans should tune in to E3 in June. For its part, Microsoft has said its E3 presentation this year will focus on first-party games.
Microsoft has not offered any kind of statement whatsoever regarding the project.

i wonder if they will fix the glitches and the bad gameplay mechanics,

if they do they the ones that use those will be upset.....

Gears of War HD Remaster Video Leaks Online
Footage appears to show Microsoft's unannounced project running on Xbox One.
by Tamoor Hussain on May 14, 2015

I'll probably wait for the official release from Black Tusk but if interested, click the link...

SOURCE - Gamespot

Back