Gathmog & Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one, from what I've seen, you won't regret it. One awesome piece.:rock 8)

For anyone having trouble with the reins, I found if you seat Gothmog and gently tip him forward, the reins go in with no effort at all, and then just tip him back into place. :ted

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that when I have to move someday and he gets boxed up.

kinda cool... but not something i'll pick up anytime soon...

the Warg reminds me of a dog my one roomate had our senior year at Penn State... did i ever mention i went there...?

Re: Gothmog & Warg

the Warg reminds me of a dog my one roomate had our senior year at Penn State... did i ever mention i went there...?

Well, that wouldn't surprise me. You see Wargs, are a kind of "Wolf-dog".:| :thud :D

This is an awesome statue!!! The jaw of the warg is well done, with huge teeth. The reins were a challenge for me to. You need to insert the reins before you put Gothmog down on the warg, when you do, the reins get taunt. This is a nice touch! I hope Gothmog doesn't fall off his steed, but it should be ok since the reins hold him down too. One awesome piece! I must get the last 3 Steed statues now (Aragorn, Lego/Gimli and Mumak)! What a shame, no Rohirrim like Eomer or Theoden on horseback and the collection would be complete.

Yeah, now these are the only steed statues, were going to get. It makes me want to get them even more.8)

Well, its nice knowing in a way no more steed statues are coming cause I'm pretty sure I can display the other two coming and be ok. Plus as I've said its the only "line" I have completed :rollin

Are we classifying the Mumak as a rider statue now? I think he would need a driver to gain that title, and so far, it seems that he is without one. Would CERTAINLY love him to be part of the Rider line..... BIG, MENACING with the Driver and arrows to boot!

I wouldn't put him in that classification but you could i guess since he has the little cannopy thing on top.

Got the gothmog on warg today. It's awesome! The warg is just beautiful! My RWoS is due arriving tomorrow too. Can't wait to showcase both for a better comparison. Now need to find GoSF.... :dance
On the other hand, the wounded orc I got today is a little small......

Special thanks to Gruson. His paypal coupon saved me big bucks on this.

One thing I dont like about UPS is Gothmog right now is sitting about 6 hours away from me. But its skeduled to be delivered Tuesday so its going to sit there until Monday night then they will place it on the truck bring it up here and deliver it on Tuesday.
:bang

Yeah, UPS sometimes is a little rough with packages. My gothmog box has a dent on the back, thank god the foam protected the Warg and Gothmog. I am a little surprised that Gothmog came detached and in it's own cubby hole in the syrofoam. He is one ugly mf! I jokingly said to my wife "How about putting this as the centerpiece on our dining room table". I knew her response : No way. She doesn't like anything hideous. She only likes the pretty statues like Gandalf on Shadowfax. I think hideous can be cool, hey it's art! The warg is really nice, I think it is one of the best sculpts SSW has done!!!

And on the Mumak, well maybe it is a riderless steed, but a steed nonetheless. We have not seen the whole statue, so maybe a mumak chieftain is atop it? Hoping!

Well, after some long thought....I decided to pass on this one.

I'm just not that crazy about the Gothmog character, and althou I love the H&R pieces. I'm passing.

Plus, as it is...since no new pieces are coming, I have decided to save my last space to dislpay the Mumak that I plan to order. I'd rather have the Mumak then Gothmog on Warg...

I was the opposite, I didnt want him until I saw the pictures of how nice they looked. And I rewatched ROTK, got to him.:banana

Yeah, I LOVED the character so this was always a must get for me. As far as deciding between a Mumak and this, I'd have to get both ... so I did. :lol

Can't wait to see what the Mumak looks like in person. If this really is the gift they say it is, it should be BIG with a driver and low LE!!!

Back