Gathmog & Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm jealous. I have to wait till next week :( Each piece now will be even more special since they will be the last new releases we get.

Re: Gathmog on gothmog & Warg

I think gathmog is gothmogs sister, a real looker ...... no teeth and plays the banjo to:banana

Yea Yea rub it in..
boxing.gif

It was early in the morning......
But, actually a Gathmog is a clone of a Gothmog...
No, Really...:poke

hijacked.gif

VTX, how do you like this piece compared to the Ringwraith & Steed or Gandalf on Shadowfax (if u have those)...?

Thanks.

Probably will. Not like I am waiting for any new pieces to be announced in the Horse & Rider series.... :lol

VTX, how do you like this piece compared to the Ringwraith & Steed or Gandalf on Shadowfax (if u have those)...?

Yes I have those and my personal rating of those three are..

1) Gandalf on Shadowfax
2) Ringwraith & Steed
3) Gothmog & Warg

This doesn't mean that G&W isn't super cool but I would get it last of the three..
:dance
Bill
:gandalf

Trade yah ! Might you be interested in the Original Aragorn ?

Thanks, but no thanks! I wouldn't even swap Aragorn for one of the Cave Troll's toe nail!

1) Gandalf on Shadowfax
2) Ringwraith & Steed
3) Gothmog & Warg

This doesn't mean that G&W isn't super cool but I would get it last of the three..

Exactly! And I love my Gothmog.... it just speaks that much better for the other pieces....

I'd put them in a different order:

1) Ringwraith & Steed
2) Gothmog & Warg
3) Gandalf on Shadowfax

GOSF is no way near as good as the other two IMO.

Even though Gandalf on Shadowfax, is superb. I would still rate The Ringwraith on steed higher up, it just holds a very special place in my collection. and I'ts an outstanding piece
of Toklien's evil in Middle Earth.:bow

I absolutely LOVE this piece. I don't have mine yet, but I'll get it eventually. I think my collection will consist of all of the Rider and Steeds, Sauron, 3 environments, the mini-monsters, and the lithos.

I'm selling all of the statues of the characters except for possibly the KOTD. That piece just looks too cool!

Elwood, do you have Sam & Bill as well...?

I know they say it is. But, I don't really consider Sam & Bill a "Horse & Rider" piece.

Elwood, do you have Sam & Bill as well...?

I know they say it is. But, I don't really consider Sam & Bill a "Horse & Rider" piece.

No, I don't have Sam & Bill. Even if it technically is a Horse and Rider piece, I don't consider it one either. I just decided that I want to get all of the LARGE pieces. I've been by far the most impressed with them. GOSF and RWOS are my 2 favorite pieces. I figured that I should only get the pieces that I absolutely adore. The big pieces released are:

1. RWOS (have)
2. Balrog (want, but will never pay for)
3. Cave Troll (ditto)
4. GOSF (have)
5. Stone Trolls (may get one day)
6. Treebeard bust (may get one day)
7. Gothmog (will get)
8. Aragorn at the Black Gates (preordered)
9. Leg. and Gimli on Arod (preordered)
10. Sauron (preordered)

These are the cream of the crop in the LOTR line, IMO, and are what I am focused on getting. I will fill in the gaps on my shelves with the mini-monsters and enviros. I plan to hang the Barad-Dur giclee over the RWOS and the Rivendell giclee over GOSF at opposite ends of my display. I'll put Evil on one side and Good on the other. I can't wait until it's completed early next year.

I just wish I could've gotten a Treebeard statue, a ROTK litho, and an Eomer on Firefoot. :cry

Right on.

I am still unsure of the Gothmog on Warg piece.

On one hand, I love it.

One the other I may not have enough room for all of the pieces I want if I do.

Althou, I do plan on giving Sauron his own shelf displayed next to my Barad-Dur Giclee.

Gothmog on Warg does intrigue me, and I do love the H&R pieces, but I wasn't a big fan of the Gothmog character....

What to do....?

Back