Gary Oldman in hot water!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it's the fanbase, so much as a lack of respect for the material. And I'm sure most "serious" actors would think of comic book/fantasy type movies as kind of silly and beneath them. I don't really care though. If they put on good performances, as Oldman does, then he gets a paycheck and fans get good movies. Everyone wins.

That's true. :lecture

A lot of actors don't like to see their own movies or feel bad afterwards. Even Johnny Depp says he never watches any of his own movies.

Seems like he's a bit of a ****. :lol He's pretty darn good in HP and TDK. I'd be pretty proud of it if it was me. :dunno

I think there's a difference between not being proud of the films, as you're insinuating, and downplaying his part in their success. We're our own worst critics, so, when he says stuff like "it was work," I don't think he's saying that he's not proud of TDK or HP, so much as he's downplaying his role in their success/maybe even being somewhat self-deprecating. I saw it as quite humble, myself.

Next Up: The Anti-Defamation League issues an apology to feminists worldwide for reading Playboy.

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

Man, he's been the shining star in some otherwise **** movies, sounds like he's his own harshest critic.

I agree, he should have let the story ride, I don't think he said anything wrong, people are hypocrites, guess no one wants it shoved in their faces tho' :lol

What he said.:lecture

As for his comments, if anything, I think this is a good thing. Nothing in there really screamed "offensive" to me. If anything, I see this as "hey, Gary Oldman; he speaks his mind," whereas it was once, "oh, that guy! He's in a ton of movies...oh, what's his name; it's right on the tip of my tongue."

Oldman in True Romance: He must have thought it was white boy day. It ain't white boy day, is it?

I never understood why some people get a pass. some celebrities never get in trouble, but some always do.

I was reading comments left on articles about this. The ones on Variety are especially good, saying he killed his career, etc. Too damn funny.

Our society is a dichotomy. We speak about tolerance and acceptance, yet shun anyone with an opinion that we deem unacceptable. Moral of the story: **** PC hypocrites.:lecture

Our society is a dichotomy. We speak about tolerance and acceptance, yet shun anyone with an opinion that we deem unacceptable. Moral of the story: **** PC hypocrites.:lecture

But it's not even about PC. It's about one particular group so hell bent on interpreting every act and utterance through the lens of eternal victimhood that they completely miss the point of what is being said. I can think of a few groups like that...

But it's not even about PC. It's about one particular group so hell bent on interpreting every act and utterance through the lens of eternal victimhood that they completely miss the point of what is being said. I can think of a few groups like that...

The ADL is just a symptom. It's about the larger issue that Oldman tackled: when do the lines blur between "political correctness" and totalitarian ideologies? There's a very clear message underneath all of the "love your fellow man, and 'we love equality'" stuff: conform. I'm not saying it's okay to be a racist bag of dicks, but I think there's a right way and a wrong way to combat intolerance, and I fail to see how more intolerance makes one side better than the other.

this was a great post. On the money

Back