Gandalf vs. Balrog Diorama First Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoDB1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this today. I have my pieces delivered to work as I know someone will be in my mail room to sign for it, but I usually take my pieces home to open. However, a number of people are waiting for the first pics of this piece, so I brought the box up to my office and closed the door. Be forewarned that the pics are of crappy quality. When I get home, I'll put the piece together (you'll see what I mean) and take pics with my Canon SLR if I have a chance (if my four and three year old comply and go to bed on time).

Without further ado....

This first set of pics features the outer carton and the packaging.

As you can see, this is a pretty big piece. The outer carton is as tall as my desk. The Diorama box itself does not fit snug inside the carton; as usual with Sideshow pieces, the box is wrapped in a plastic bag, and there are foam inserts at each of the four corners at the top and bottom of the box. There are two pics each of the front and side of the box...

***EDIT*** Ok, this is my first time starting a new thread and posting pics, so I have NO idea how to make these pics full sized as in other threads....

Last edited:
Second set of pics...

Pics of the top and back of the box, as well as my edition size (26/1,000).

Ok, I've read the horror stories where other's Sideshow pieces have arrived damaged, but in my five years of being a Sideshow customer I have never received a damaged piece (knock on wood). I was a little wary when I opened this bad boy up and saw that the styrofoam inserts were not flush together...

Here is the opened piece. It's hard to tell from these poor pics, but the piece will require assembly. The pieces are seperate and are comprised of the Balrog's body, each of his wings, Gandalf himself, and the base.

Sorry all, I decided I didn't want to risk putting him together and then taking him apart to take home. I'll try to post better pics with my SLR tonight or tomorrow. Again I apologize for the crappy camera phone pics, but I figured some other Sideshow fans would at least want a taste of this piece...

Also, if someone can tell me how to post full sized pics instead of thumbnails, I'll be happy to fix this thread...

Last edited:
:banghead:banghead ahhh you tease you. thanks anyways.
did you look at the bal and gan?? how did they look??

for posting full size pics i use tinypic.com, just upload your pics to that site then cut and paste the image to your posting.
i'll try to find the thread that i used to learn how to do it.

edit: here's the posting refered to, for posting pic to your thread.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41848

I did not as of yet. I'm actually on a tight dead line for something right now, so I had to quickly take pics of the piece, but after 4:00 Eastern time I will open it back up and at least take pics of Gandalf and the Balrog.

Maybe I' ll put it together and leave it at the office; at least that way the GF won't get on my case that i got another piece, especially since we're supposed to be saving for our first house. :)

I did not as of yet. I'm actually on a tight dead line for something right now, so I had to quickly take pics of the piece, but after 4:00 Eastern time I will open it back up and at least take pics of Gandalf and the Balrog.

Maybe I' ll put it together and leave it at the office; at least that way the GF won't get on my case that i got another piece, especially since we're supposed to be saving for our first house. :)

HOUSE :horror who needs it when you've got polystone.:naughty
JK seriously though it's a good time to be at least looking, lots of good bargains available right now.
good luck:peace

Thanks. You're right, it's a great time to look, but I'm still a little wary. I'm the sole bread winner of a family of five, and work as a government contractor. Have been lucky so far, but I've been laid off before, and it ain't fun. I was out of work for about five months, and this coincided of the birth of my first daughter. My daughter is a blessing, but I had to cancel my pre-orders of the General Grievous PF, the Doctor Doom PF, the Sabretooth vs. Wolverine diorama, and the first S-Men vs. Sentinel diorama...AND all those pre-orders were of the exclusive editions. At least I didn't miss out on any LOTR stuff.

I need a crib and display like yours; I recently checked out your display thread. Bravo. man.

:thwak

bad girl :lol

still thinking of getting this from play, just want to see in hand pics before i commit.

:lol :lol :wave

I'm in the same boat, just need to decide if it will stand up next to the daddy rog first...and find the money of coarse :lol

The box looks promissing i'm very excited:banana can't wait for the better pics thanks for the effort so far DINODB1975

It's 4:48pm EST...you missed your picture posting deadline. :whip

Almost missed my earlier stated employment deadline as well...caused me to run over. Give me 15-20 minutes and I'll have some pics of the Balrog body and Gandalf.

Back