Gandalf vs. Balrog Diorama First Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, finally got around to taking pictures with the SLR.

Let's try this again...

Pic of the outer carton:

2ekroxs.jpg

Front of inner box:

bebwqe.jpg

Side of inner box:

2s7gs2r.jpg

Back of inner box:

4tqzxe.jpg

Contents:

2wf7k0p.jpg

15d4277.jpg

Base with edition number:

5otn34.jpg

Balrog body:

5xood4.jpg

2d2g2m0.jpg

Assembled piece:

5kk37r.jpg

Gandalf. :sick

Nice pics :clap , unfortunately I'm using them to cement my decision.

Looks sharp actually I think better than it did in July. I'll be adding this to my collection fairly soon.

LOTRFan -- As small as Gandy is, it's still a pretty darned good sculpt. I just got mine today (and I was a nervous wreck trying to put this baby together). I'm totally happy with this.

(please don't ask for pics.....I've tried before and have come to the conclusion that I am pic-challenged :()

LOTRFan -- As small as Gandy is, it's still a pretty darned good sculpt. I just got mine today (and I was a nervous wreck trying to put this baby together). I'm totally happy with this.

(please don't ask for pics.....I've tried before and have come to the conclusion that I am pic-challenged :()

So uh when can we expect pics??? :lol
jk
:peace

I'm glad you like it Rumi. :chug

The Balrog looks reeeaaallly good. I hope to see him match up against Daddy Rog...

But the gandalf... looks like he just came from one of those machines where you put a quarter in and you get a easter egg with a suprise toy in it...anyways you get the point.

The Balrog looks reeeaaallly good. I hope to see him match up against Daddy Rog...

But the gandalf... looks like he just came from one of those machines where you put a quarter in and you get a easter egg with a suprise toy in it...anyways you get the point.

Yea I got ya and he does :lol
But if we wanted him to be decently detailed the Balrog would be about the size of the Daddy Rog

The components of the piece include the base, the Balrog body, the left wing, the right wing, Gandalf, and the flame whip. Assembly was fairly easy, although the right wing (the Balrog's right, the wing farthest from Gandalf) took some effort to attach. I initially thought that the dimensions were wrong, but after a few careful attempts, I was able to get the pieces to attach.

Overall, I really like this piece. I know a lot of people didn't like it, citing the awkward pose and the cartoony Gandalf, but I really dig it. I'll post some more pics and a few more comments.

2ly2vyd.jpg

35k4qdi.jpg

242fjvb.jpg

2useuef.jpg

5v5h7o.jpg

Yea I got ya and he does :lol
But if we wanted him to be decently detailed the Balrog would be about the size of the Daddy Rog

Thats the thing, they should have sculpted Gandalf on top of the rog. The scene where Gandalf is impaling the Rog's chest with the sword. Instead we get this floaty rubbery looking thing. Oh well, it's over and done with. Overall, This piece dosen't look all that bad.

They did change the whip from what I remember, I think it used to be traditional poly not transluscent. :confused:

Thats the thing, they should have sculpted Gandalf on top of the rog. The scene where Gandalf is impaling the rogs chest with the sword. Instead we get this floaty rubbery looking thing.

You realize the size of not only the scale of the piece but the price tag would have been enormous :horror

They did change the whip from what I remember, I think it used to be traditional poly not transluscent. :confused:

Nice catch. Wasn't it plastic before though? If not, another "shortcut" by SS.

2699427172_29dca8ee77.jpg

You realize the size of not only the scale of the piece but the price tag would have been enormous

It wouldn't have been that much more. Unless SS felt as needed.

Last edited:
Back