Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, and yeah... that's my hope is that they will work together as a pair. I definitely think Sideshow's is more refined look and has better proportions.

But, I'm sure there would be a lot of differences between Gamorrean's so a bit of variety will hopefully work.

Exactly. In reality, they'd be different and distinguishable so i'm hoping that translates to the figures. The Hasbro has a superb sculpt however it is a fat ass and will no doubt dwarf the SS version but hopefully not by much and they'll actually complement each other...

I think of Gammys as pair shaped, the Hasbro is like a refrigerator, he's as wide at the shoulders as he is at his hips.

Hi, I love the Gamorrean guard 12" but looking at the pics it looks like he has a leather skirt under the fur and not leather pants ,Am I wrong
?

If its anything like the Hasbro figure, it should be kind of like a diaper... or shorts, that way your Gammy's twig and berries aren't blowing in the wind.

This figure looks pretty good. He's a tad expensive for me though.

And I was gonna look around for shots of the Hasbro to compare with pics of SS's gammy to try to decide which would be better to buy.

But then I remembered I bought a Hasbro gammy several years ago, and he's sitting unopened MIB in my basement somewhere.

I was like "Oh yeah, I already have one of those!" :slap :lol

I really hope Sideshow continues making great alien figures like this.

It'd be nice to see a 1/6 Rancor at one point... :rolleyes2 if only...

I can't believe play.com are charging $212 for the Gammy. Forbidden Planet are slightly better at $160 but it's still a long way off the $120 SS are charging.
I can only imagine what Hammerhead will cost now...:gah:

I can't believe play.com are charging $212 for the Gammy. Forbidden Planet are slightly better at $160 but it's still a long way off the $120 SS are charging.
I can only imagine what Hammerhead will cost now...:gah:

Holp crap! Those European prices are blowing out of control. :horror

I finally ordered this figure. I simply do not physically have room for the Jabba set until I move someday, but I though the Kenner GG was so cute when I was little that it became impossible to resist.

Excuse me if this has been asked and answered somewhere else, but what is the articulation on this like? Looking at the pics it seems to me it's a rubber body, since the right arm when holding the long handled ax is bent at the elbow, and relatively straight in other shots. I can't see any cut lines so that must mean rubber body, right? (it would also explain the fairly bad match between the hand paint colour and arm colour...)

Excuse me if this has been asked and answered somewhere else, but what is the articulation on this like? Looking at the pics it seems to me it's a rubber body, since the right arm when holding the long handled ax is bent at the elbow, and relatively straight in other shots. I can't see any cut lines so that must mean rubber body, right? (it would also explain the fairly bad match between the hand paint colour and arm colour...)

Likely, cut neck, ball shoulders, ball wrists, ball hips and ball ankles.

If it's been asked or talked about before I apologise, but I'm hoping the open hand he comes with is for positioning around his throat for when luke force chokes the two gammys. It will be interesting to see if one arm can bend to this position.

If it's been asked or talked about before I apologise, but I'm hoping the open hand he comes with is for positioning around his throat for when luke force chokes the two gammys. It will be interesting to see if one arm can bend to this position.

I severely doubt it.

:lol How would he do that?! There's no elbow articulation.

Back