FX Taboo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'M really digging this.James Delaney is dangerous and cunning.Seems everyone underestimates him based on rumors of his past bad behavior.Love how he is an inch ahead of Strange at every turn.Survived the assassination attempt on his life.Changed his Will leaving Nootka Sound to the Americans should he be killed.Just seeing this chess game played out between him and Strange is very cool.

And we are getting a little deeper into the magic as the visions get stronger.

His relationship with his Sister and the Actress with claims to his estate,all good stuff.

yeah it would seem that James visions of the Tribal Woman/Witch, is his Mother.But we really have not got into the meaning behind them yet.

just realized that Helga the Brothel madame is Franka Potente from the first two Borne movies and Run Lola Run.Good Actress.

good episode Tom Hardy as JD is really the haunted man but a man on a mission,one goal one thought that includes his sister.

dealing with Lorna and saving her @ss from signing over everything to the Crown.Trying to stay one step ahead of the East India Company.

It's so cool how he is and assembling his league of the damned.And how they are carrying out what seems to be a master plan.Is the guy a genius or the devil.:lol

working with Mr. Chumley to create gunpowder.Being attacked by another assasssin and almost killed.Love how JD gutted the guy and how pissed off Strange was when he heard about it.He can't fathom how he is being outsmarted by JD at every turn.And now hearing that the Crown has it's own agenda Strange is ballistic.

that party was so surreal.Ending in a challenge Duel to the death with Zilph's husband.Next week.And what was up with the American?

Zilpha, is it all for Zilpha? we got a little closer to it in this episode JD grigri=magic=taboo sex with Zilpha,man that was so dark.

Last edited:
Was pleasantly surprised by how interesting this show is. The BBC trailers nearly put me off the thing, but I was lured in by the time period. I realise this is a crude comparison but it's putting me in mind of Peaky Blinders a tad. (And inevitably I ended up comparing Hardy's Delaney to his Solomons given the similar tones, both in the literal colour palette used and drama.)

Nice to see this is avoiding the Austen gentry stereotypes and going for the Georgians as utterly debauched libertines angle.

Amused that Edward Hogg is basically playing Mr Segundus again, though I have to admit his acting impressed over the sheer shame/fear that his inclinations would come out in that era. (Though damn, Gatiss popping up in apalling prosthetics yet again... Ugh.) And finding it curious how this is the second recent show set in this era that's touching on the darker side of the empire/slave trade that people tend to avoid in favour of either Darcy et al or highwaymen as well as magic.

The swearing surprised me too, not so much that there *was* swearing; its on a par with most post-9pm TV on this side of the pond (Malcolm Tucker still wins by a mile there), but wondering what the period-correct words would actually have been, would they have been using f@*! or something else, or is this an example of Plunkett and Macleane style modernising?

Most interesting show on tv right now. Hardy has to be my favorite actor right now.

I like how he was "reading" his horse when it sorta warned him about danger. How he looked into it's eyes and read it's mind.

I wonder if a "normal" man could've taken that blow to the head that JD took. Owie!

Loved the duel scene. And nice to see everything beginning to pick up its own momentum, really enjoying all of the intertwining lives/plot lines in the latest episode.

love when this show comes on it's so meticulously crafted like jumping back into another time.It's so well done on every level.The cinematography is outstanding.. those shots of London when JD Lorna and Winter are down by the water and the ride across the swamp for the Duel were balls.

I was really hoping JD would do in Thorne but that's not to be,not yet anyway.I love the line JD says to Thorne after they realize Thorne's second betrayed him.JD has his gun to Thorne's head and as Thorne is saying his prayers he tells Thorne's that was a good shot,your second must be a company man.Then as Thorne's second makes a break for it JD shoots him dead,then says to Thorne I guess the Company feels it's more important to keep me alive than you.

This was a bad night for Zilpha,Thorne beat her up pretty good for her otherworldly sexual relationship and even had a breast groping priest try to exorcise her ties to her half brother.JD will not like that if he hears about it.Thorne is such a twit.

The Crown wants Strange out so bad they are investigating what happened on the Influence the ship JD was on that sank with 280 slaves on board men,women and children.And we know it was sunk by the EIC because members were selling slaves for their own profit.This is driving JD's desire for revenge.

there was a lot lot more in this episode.. the Gunpowder is going to come into play big time as JD,EIC,The Crown and the Americans fight for Noutka Sound.

Man I'M going to binge watch the eight episodes after this season is over.

well Chinchester is confronting the EIC head on now with the crowns backing.But those bozo's can't answer any of his questions and it's making Strange push his agenda against JD more serious.He sends one of his cronies to the dock with a message he tells JD the Gloves are off and a moment later JD's ship blows up.Getting heavy.

And Zilpha damn' she went haywire.I really thought JD would do in Thorne but Zilpha with the precision of a surgeon
using a hat pin :yess:

Brace reveals some interesting info about JD's mother and throughout the whole episode we see JD's vision of her trying to drown him as a baby.Even during sex with Zilpha he sees his mother in her.

The whole gunpowder thing got scary.JD delivered a load to the American Dumbarton as part of his deal for his eventual departure from England.

Did JD really kill the young girl at the dock?He could have been set up but why not just kill him..he was so drunk.

Only 2 more episodes left.Just enough to tide me over until The Americans new season begins.

Last edited:
You doing synopses for each episode, LOL? With no spoiler tags?

Don't bother me none, I'm caught up, and it looks like this thread isn't getting much traffic, but you may get some complaints later.

No way Delaney killed Winter. He was set up. I was thinking this is the 1800's, no one is going to go through the trouble of setting some one up when they can kill him outright...but the show writers cleverly wrote in the bit about Delaney's will stating that Nootka Sound will go the US if he dies.

One more episode before the season finale...has anybody heard how many seasons they intend for this to last?

You doing synopses for each episode, LOL? With no spoiler tags?

Don't bother me none, I'm caught up, and it looks like this thread isn't getting much traffic, but you may get some complaints later.

IMO, once it's out, it's fair game. If your wandering into a thread not having caught up, that's on you. Just my two cents. :wink1:

Love this show. Tom Hardy just nails his part. Hope he burns those dirty EIC jerks!

some things change and JD's feeling for Zilpha was one of them.Caught me by surprise.

brutal Torture had me squinching' when they put the cruncher on JD's lower parts.But none of it worked.The King was pissed.

JD to Strange at the end in the cell.. I have a use for You?

Finale next week should be good.

Maybe it's just that weird, subversive part of me, but I kind of want to see Delaney fall flat on his ass. He's such a badass that's just in such control of everything, even when he's not, that I just feel like, maybe, him getting his ultimate revenge might not be in the cards. I think the kid's going to play a role. We've already seen the remnants of his humanity turn around and **** him, when it comes to this handling of Winter's mother.

Back