Furyu Predalien and Alien!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one seems to ever talk about the Kotobukiya Scar and Alien Warrior with connecting base. I got both but still in the box. Looking at it from outside the package I'm pretty impressed with the paint job. More so than the HT elder on throne IMO.

Honestly, from the pictures I've seen of the Koto Scar, compared to the FuRyu... I'd say the FuRyu has a MUCH nicer paint job.

did anyone end up getting one of these?

Yep. They're out for a repaint right now.

Sadly, they're much smaller than the original FuRyu Scar Pred and AvP Alien.

100_5296.jpg

100_5297.jpg

100_5298.jpg

100_5299.jpg

100_5300.jpg

100_5302.jpg

100_5303.jpg

100_5465.jpg

100_5463.jpg

100_5467.jpg

Time for a little thread resurrection...

I sent the FuRyu Predalien and AvP:R Alien off to Joe Dunaway for a repaint.

The sculpts are brilliant, but the factory paint was so lacking.

I just got pics of the Predalien from Joe.
I asked him to paint the Predalien in a "more Alien than Predator" paint scheme as I really hated the "front half Pred-back half Alien" look that ADI gave it.
If it had looked like this in the movie, I think it would have gone over alot better with the fans.

Huge thanks to Joe D. for the killer repaint.

I think he kicked it's ass...for sure.

sab1.jpg

sab2.jpg

sab3.jpg

sab4.jpg

sab5.jpg

sab6.jpg

sab7.jpg

Wow! Love it, makes the Predalien heaps more menacing in that colour scheme. The original paint just looks completely terrible after seeing this.

Time for a little thread resurrection...

I sent the FuRyu Predalien and AvP:R Alien off to Joe Dunaway for a repaint.

The sculpts are brilliant, but the factory paint was so lacking.

I just got pics of the Predalien from Joe.
I asked him to paint the Predalien in a "more Alien than Predator" paint scheme as I really hated the "front half Pred-back half Alien" look that ADI gave it.
If it had looked like this in the movie, I think it would have gone over alot better with the fans.

Huge thanks to Joe D. for the killer repaint.

I think he kicked it's ass...for sure.

sab1.jpg

sab2.jpg

sab3.jpg

sab4.jpg

sab5.jpg

sab6.jpg

sab7.jpg

HOOOOOOOLY MOTHER OF JEBUS!!! That is amazing. Joe D is a God.

How much does he charge for a paint job like that? I got the black Furyu Scar and I'm looking to have a real pro paint it.

The FuRyu Scar is a bit bigger than the Predalien, so the best thing to do would just be to contact him.

I found that since there's no assembly or clean up for these, like a traditional model kit, the price is a bit cheaper.

Received my repainted FuRyu AvP:R Alien back today from Joe Dunaway.

I'd always thought this sculpt, along with the FuRyu Predalien, was a brillaint sculpt.
It just needed a better paint job.

Joe did a kick ass job with this, even customizing in some extra "tendons" around the mouth.

I couldn't be happier.

Also, I'd sent him a "dead" Predator kit that I had laying around.
Not the best sculpt, but I figured if anyone could make it look good, it would be Joe.

He fixed it up, customized some bits and did a killer paint job on it.

I think it works well with the FuRyu pieces. I may consider putting these in a dio.

On to the pics.
I put in a comparison shot with my repainted Predalien, so you can see them both together.

100_1352.jpg

100_1346.jpg

100_1347.jpg

100_1350.jpg

100_1348.jpg

100_1351.jpg

100_1353.jpg

100_1360.jpg

100_1356.jpg

100_1357.jpg

Sabres, you are a very lucky man. You have two of the best painted figures I've seen in a while. I really like what Joe can do to a figure or model kit. Great pictures as always Sabres. :rock

Back