Furystorm’s Silver Screen Edition Diorama Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hunt ends successfully!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Here is a final update for the day, and hopefully for awhile! The first dio to hit ebay is mine! After impatiently waiting for the seller to respond to my offer, he was able to counter at a price I felt I could live with. Even though I feel the piece will initally come down once initial demand has subsided, I was not willing to take the chance with the first piece in a line I want to collect this strongly. My final price was $499.95, and I'm fairly happy with that. After checkout, the seller started a very pleasant conversation with me via IM, and was more than willing to help ship the item on a date that would allow me to be home to accept delivery. Out of the blue, he also offered a free SSE 1/6 Frankentstein which I gladly accepted. Probably just a gateway drug into more collecting woes. I am grateful to have the diorama on order and my collection finally underway. Even though I only waited a week before scoring the dio, it was obviously an ordeal for me. Guess I still have work to do on the patience thing, huh? Now, forum members who have been reading any of my multitude of comments over the past week will finally catch a break, as I will no longer have anything to gripe about. So, I guess you could say I spent a bit more for your peace as well. :)

I will try to be more patient with the Dracula SSE Diorama, if I miss the preorder.

For what you paid, they should drive it to your house and wait for you to come home...

That's cool about the free SSE Frankie! I still need one of those...

I'm glad that you and The Monster finally got one of these babies!!!!:banana
Hopefully the other freaks that want one will get one soon as well.

WTF?! Rather than cry in the Spook forum about it, Fury decided to do something constructive. And you pop in and put him down for it? What an assclown...:google

I wasn't putting anyone down. All I was trying to point out was this. The stupid childish game that Sideshow plays, that puts everyone in a panic to get something they want, cracks me up. Its ridiculous.

I just said SSE guys crack me up. They do. Because they have to fight and scrounge to get something they should be able to buy without inconveniencing themselves. This whole illusion of its rare is absurd. Its rare because they deliberately make people fight to get their product. Sorry---I think its dumb. I stated an opinion that I pretty much always state when it comes to this "chase" garbage and sse variants. If that offends you---well, all I can say is "waah". :monkey2

You have a nice day. Or don't. I don't want to say anything that might hurt your widdle sensitive self. Pantywaist. see---now, those are put downs. Grief.:mwaha:pow

Last edited:
The hunt ends successfully!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Here is a final update for the day, and hopefully for awhile! The first dio to hit ebay is mine! After impatiently waiting for the seller to respond to my offer, he was able to counter at a price I felt I could live with. Even though I feel the piece will initally come down once initial demand has subsided, I was not willing to take the chance with the first piece in a line I want to collect this strongly. My final price was $499.95, and I'm fairly happy with that. After checkout, the seller started a very pleasant conversation with me via IM, and was more than willing to help ship the item on a date that would allow me to be home to accept delivery. Out of the blue, he also offered a free SSE 1/6 Frankentstein which I gladly accepted. Probably just a gateway drug into more collecting woes. I am grateful to have the diorama on order and my collection finally underway. Even though I only waited a week before scoring the dio, it was obviously an ordeal for me. Guess I still have work to do on the patience thing, huh? Now, forum members who have been reading any of my multitude of comments over the past week will finally catch a break, as I will no longer have anything to gripe about. So, I guess you could say I spent a bit more for your peace as well. :)

I will try to be more patient with the Dracula SSE Diorama, if I miss the preorder.

Glad you got it, but you should have got it for NORMAL FREAKING RETAIL. If Sideshow would simply:

1. Take orders for SSE variants(at the time the colored is being offered).
2. State that they have to be paid for 1/2 in advance and non refundable.
3. Then made to order only.

Then they could produce a very limited amount (remember-- made to order)and everyone who wants one could get one without being at the mercy of flippers. Without a frenzy. Without a panic. Without having to pay out the nose. That's what I meant earlier when I said sse guys crack me up. Sideshow makes sse guys do hoop jumping garbage to get what they want. For what? To have the "honor" of giving them money? They mess with you guys too much.:peace

If Sideshow would simply:

Then they could produce a very limited amount (remember-- made to order)and everyone who wants one could get one without being at the mercy of flippers.

I'd actually be more than willing to do it that way. Heck, I'd even be willing to pay the full price up front for a "made to order" run of SSE pieces.

I'd actually be more than willing to do it that way. Heck, I'd even be willing to pay the full price up front for a "made to order" run of SSE pieces.

It might prompt some people (who might want to actually put an sse or two in their collection) to buy one. But a lot of collectors are turned off by the stupid "rarity chase hype" that Sideshow seems to be so fond of. Look at poor Nickie. The man wants a SSE Son of Frankenstein. Sideshow made a whopping 10 figures. He's sure to be able to get one with only ten made... right? Also, what about the SSE guys who might want Werewolf of London 12". Well, they're out of luck..... because he only came out in color.

That's why I hate SSE's. Its also a very big problem I have with Sideshow. There's no reason for such stupidity. if a guy wants an SSE he should be able to get it just as easy as a guy like me who only wants COLOR!!!

Glad you got it, but you should have got it for NORMAL FREAKING RETAIL. If Sideshow would simply:

Then they could produce a very limited amount (remember-- made to order)and everyone who wants one could get one without being at the mercy of flippers. Without a frenzy. Without a panic. Without having to pay out the nose. That's what I meant earlier when I said sse guys crack me up. Sideshow makes sse guys do hoop jumping garbage to get what they want. For what? To have the "honor" of giving them money? They mess with you guys too much.:peace

GENIUS! Color me interested... :naughty

KICK A**! THAT'S GREAT NEWS MAN YEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!:fireworks:fest :chew:fireworks:
What number did you get furystorm?

Monster, I'm in the registry now with number 49. And happy about it too!

Good ideas Anton! I just don't think SS will change their policy no matter what good sense we make in our discussions. I have to admit, it does suck to have to shell out so much more money to have the diorama in the color scheme I prefer. You of course are fully entitled to prefer the color version, but for me, I love the SSE. Thankfully, I am only a diorama collector at this time. So there won't be too much chasing for me. My hope is that I can get at least one of these on preorder, to curb some of the expense of creating a complete collection. And who is to say if SS will even release another SSE Diorama? I'm closely monitoring the sale of each of this particular dio on ebay and the board, so that I can make a more informed decision of when to buy, should the need arise, on future SSE Dioramas. If offered, I must have the Dracula. But I know I can wait on the Creature, and if missed, get a much more equitable deal on them than I did this one.

Happy to be able to rest now knowing I have the first dio heading my way...

:D

You sap! You could'a talked him down another hundred at least! :p Oh well, I guess if you subtract the $60 SSE Franky, you only paid $440.00. The important thing is that you're comfortable with the price. If you are, then that sense of security is buffer enough for the $250 over retail you paid. Then again, you start whining about paying too much, I might have to make that coin purse kicking trip after all.

The downside to this, of course, is that what you paid will be used as the base for anyone wanting to list theirs... :(

That's the next guy's problem. I doubt anyone would take less than 500.00 Good buy!

That's the next guy's problem. I doubt anyone would take less than 500.00 Good buy!
They WOULD take less than $500 if no one offered them that much! But, it's a free market and the future will tell how much the market will bear. Is this item worth $500 to me right now? No. However, if the asking price of these shoots up to $2000 and people are willing to pay that much, then $500 will seem like a steal.

But, we have to realize that the price for an item is a relative term when it comes to collectors. Whose to say what the true value of this item is to a collector? The value is whatever he is willing to pay.

It's like Ben Franklin said (and I'm paraphrasing), "We know the worth of water when the well is dry".

Monster, I'm in the registry now with number 49. And happy about it too!

Good ideas Anton! I just don't think SS will change their policy no matter what good sense we make in our discussions. I have to admit, it does suck to have to shell out so much more money to have the diorama in the color scheme I prefer. You of course are fully entitled to prefer the color version, but for me, I love the SSE. Thankfully, I am only a diorama collector at this time. So there won't be too much chasing for me. My hope is that I can get at least one of these on preorder, to curb some of the expense of creating a complete collection. And who is to say if SS will even release another SSE Diorama? I'm closely monitoring the sale of each of this particular dio on ebay and the board, so that I can make a more informed decision of when to buy, should the need arise, on future SSE Dioramas. If offered, I must have the Dracula. But I know I can wait on the Creature, and if missed, get a much more equitable deal on them than I did this one.

Happy to be able to rest now knowing I have the first dio heading my way...

:D

You're right, of course, they arent going to change their policy, they enjoy their frenzies too much. To paraphrase Norman Bates and Marion Crane: "you wouldn't think you could love a thing and hate it at the same time.". Good luck in your quests for future pieces.. I hope you don't get beat up too bad by inflated prices along the way.:peace

With the way alot of thing are dropping off in price, I highly doubt that. Besides, Fury said he'll never do that again. Don't feed the POS (pre order scalpers) trolls.

Updated with information on delivery of #49 by FedEx and a broken finger on the Wolfman piece. Now I'm hoping for replacement by working through my fantastic ebay seller. Check it out in post #1!

:(

Thought I would throw a few more images up here of my broken diorama. Overall I love the piece. However, upon further inspection, I feel that the paint application was rushed on this piece. There seem to be a lot of smooth glossy areas where the entire diorama seems to be intended to be flat. Perhaps this is caused by rubbing during shipment with the packing tissue. I'm not sure. Also, I had to remove three or four tissue fragments where the tissue seemed to be adhered to the surface of the dio, as if wrapped too soon. One small piece will not come out of the Wolfman's hair.

Also I found another major flaw on the one I received, this one on Frankenstein's Monster. The bottom section of his lapel was broken, and painted over. Now I may be mistaken, but from all the images I can find of the figure, none show a lapel quite like mine. Check the last image on this post. I'm becoming more and more disturbed by the quality assurance offered by Sideshow. I mean their seal is on the styrofoam stating that the piece has been checked for quality and now I have found two major flaws.

Still, I am hoping for a replacement piece. And I hope it does not have these many flaws I seem to be finding with my current broken edition.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited:
nice.
I need to check my pieces over more carefully.
I probably wouldve missed that myself ...

Back