Furystorm’s Silver Screen Edition Diorama Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You SSE guys crack me up.....:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Good luck finding your limited release of a diorama that already had a release that was nice and colorful.:peace

WTF?! Rather than cry in the Spook forum about it, Fury decided to do something constructive. And you pop in and put him down for it? What an assclown...:google

Last edited:
Updated with a couple days worth of progress. If it can be called that. Where are the ebay auctions?

:(

Nam, while I thank you for your support, I also heartily thank you for editing your post!

:)

Updated with a couple days worth of progress. If it can be called that. Where are the ebay auctions?

Yeah i've been wondering that myself. Absolutely NONE! Maybe these all ended up in the hands of collectors. The only thing that sucks about that is down the road, there's going to be no way to judge what it's worth...

Yeah i've been wondering that myself. Absolutely NONE! Maybe these all ended up in the hands of collectors. The only thing that sucks about that is down the road, there's going to be no way to judge what it's worth...

Well, MadCow, I do know one is going up next week, but the guy is going to put it at $600 buy it now. So hopefully more will follow! Maybe nine or ten freaks on the list as owning one now. I can't wait to own one myself.

:D

Well, MadCow, I do know one is going up next week, but the guy is going to put it at $600 buy it now. So hopefully more will follow! Maybe nine or ten freaks on the list as owning one now. I can't wait to own one myself.

Oof! $600?!?! :monkey2

WTF?! Rather than cry in the Spook forum about it, Fury decided to do something constructive. And you pop in and put him down for it? What an assclown...:google

its all good.
He's just bitter his color versions dont get the attention the SSE's do... :monkey1

Oof! $600?!?! :monkey2

He might just get it too! Right now, it's THE must have collectible. Hopefully, the price will drop a bit after all the Halloween hype and upcoming holiday craze has abated. Probably the best time to make this purchase would be the beginning of summer. Though, I'm warning you Fury, if you bid and buy it for that price, I'm on the next flight to Vegas to kick you right in the coin purse! :p

I dont see more than 2 goin for a crazy price ...

they dont have the following other lines have and I dont expect anywhere near comparable prices.

Okay, here's the point where I rant like a child for just a bit before I get back to the fine art of collecting! Mostly due to the fact that I have had two fine cocktails this evening upon the week anniversary of missing the diorama.

First:
Why on earth would some heartless scalper want to gouge me, or any of you, for up to $600 for a piece that we may have missed by only and hour or two. I mean, Boo Hoo! You stayed up all night to try to make four hundred dollars off someone who really wants to have the piece? Shameless! I mean, this anonymous ebay guy (who is probably reading this, or maybe even a forum member) solicits me for $600, and then whines about having to pay sales tax and shipping for the item. I mean, WTF? Seriously. This guy doesn't think paying him $100 or more on top of his expenses is enough, he has to gouge my broken heart too? Why the he11 would you buy the d#$n thing if you didn't want it? (Don't answer that, I know the answer) Greedy ba$terd!!! :mad:

Second:
Sideshow! Come on, I love your product. Why do you have to break my heart with this type of treatment? There really is no hope for me. :(

Anton someday we will convert you to "Silvery Goodness"

Still kind of jealous of you sir. :crying

He's just bitter his color versions dont get the attention the SSE's do...

I like the color versions. However, like The Monster I wish there were a more even distribution of color versus silver screen edition. Because, as can be seen by the SSE vs Color poll, the SSE is running at two to one. And in reality, on the dio at least, there is one in 6.5 in the wrong ratio. Don't get me wrong, I understand the need and marketability of exclusives. But that just seems wrong. Does anyone honestly think that Sideshow would have had a hard time selling 100 of this diorama? Who benefits from the lower number? The scalpers and flippers benefit the most, while I am left with a bad taste about SS.

Probably the best time to make this purchase would be the beginning of summer. Though, I'm warning you Fury, if you bid and buy it for that price, I'm on the next flight to Vegas to kick you right in the coin purse!

:rotfl Nam, your comments always make me laugh. You are one of the many forum members who are making this endevour worthwhile and somewhat bearable. Per many members' suggestions, I will be trying to stay out of the bidding wars for the first two or three pieces. Not sure how I will be able to manage that though.

I dont see more than 2 goin for a crazy price ...
they dont have the following other lines have and I dont expect anywhere near comparable prices.

Occulum, I sincerely hope you are correct on these points. I'm dying to get this into my grubby little hands, but am trying to logically follow the advice of many of you on the proper course of obtaining one. That means being patient, which is definately not one of my stronger traits. With collectors shelling out larger sums at the start of the speculator sell off, I believe the people purchasing these want them as strongly as I do. Therefore, those pieces will likely never be available again, leading to a smaller number available for sale later, by those waiting for the price to skyrocket. I just don't know.

If anyone is actually still reading all of my posts and desperate searching for this diorama, then I think you are angels, one and all!

Okay, sorry for all that. Now back to our regularly scheduled program! I'm going back to watch Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man again. Another obsessive compulsive activity I have picked up!

Last edited:
First one to show up on ebay: #49/50 for $799.99 buy it now/or best offer. I sent an offer, and was happy to see I was the first, but I know I will not be scoring this one. $800 is just way too much!

First one to show up on ebay: #49/50 for $799.99 buy it now/or best offer. I sent an offer, and was happy to see I was the first, but I know I will not be scoring this one. $800 is just way too much!

Ehh give it time. That's a WAY inflated price...

Updated...

Re-watched Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man last night for about the fifth time in a week. I love my newly aquired Universal Collections!

Last edited:
The hunt ends successfully!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Here is a final update for the day, and hopefully for awhile! The first dio to hit ebay is mine! After impatiently waiting for the seller to respond to my offer, he was able to counter at a price I felt I could live with. Even though I feel the piece will initally come down once initial demand has subsided, I was not willing to take the chance with the first piece in a line I want to collect this strongly. My final price was $499.95, and I'm fairly happy with that. After checkout, the seller started a very pleasant conversation with me via IM, and was more than willing to help ship the item on a date that would allow me to be home to accept delivery. Out of the blue, he also offered a free SSE 1/6 Frankentstein which I gladly accepted. Probably just a gateway drug into more collecting woes. I am grateful to have the diorama on order and my collection finally underway. Even though I only waited a week before scoring the dio, it was obviously an ordeal for me. Guess I still have work to do on the patience thing, huh? Now, forum members who have been reading any of my multitude of comments over the past week will finally catch a break, as I will no longer have anything to gripe about. So, I guess you could say I spent a bit more for your peace as well. :)

I will try to be more patient with the Dracula SSE Diorama, if I miss the preorder.

Updated...

Re-watched Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man last night for about the fifth time in a week. I love my newly aquired Universal Collections!

I've got Creature and Mummy Legacy Collections, and Dracula 75th Edition. One of these days I know I'll end up with Wolfie and Frankie as well. Very happy with the 3 I have right now!!

You sap! You could'a talked him down another hundred at least! :p Oh well, I guess if you subtract the $60 SSE Franky, you only paid $440.00. The important thing is that you're comfortable with the price. If you are, then that sense of security is buffer enough for the $250 over retail you paid. Then again, you start whining about paying too much, I might have to make that coin purse kicking trip after all.

The downside to this, of course, is that what you paid will be used as the base for anyone wanting to list theirs... :(

Yes, I paid a premium for the security of knowing that this will finally be in my collection. And I can live with that!

The hunt ends successfully!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Here is a final update for the day, and hopefully for awhile! The first dio to hit ebay is mine! After impatiently waiting for the seller to respond to my offer, he was able to counter at a price I felt I could live with. Even though I feel the piece will initally come down once initial demand has subsided, I was not willing to take the chance with the first piece in a line I want to collect this strongly. My final price was $499.95, and I'm fairly happy with that. After checkout, the seller started a very pleasant conversation with me via IM, and was more than willing to help ship the item on a date that would allow me to be home to accept delivery. Out of the blue, he also offered a free SSE 1/6 Frankentstein which I gladly accepted. Probably just a gateway drug into more collecting woes. I am grateful to have the diorama on order and my collection finally underway. Even though I only waited a week before scoring the dio, it was obviously an ordeal for me. Guess I still have work to do on the patience thing, huh? Now, forum members who have been reading any of my multitude of comments over the past week will finally catch a break, as I will no longer have anything to gripe about. So, I guess you could say I spent a bit more for your peace as well. :)

I will try to be more patient with the Dracula SSE Diorama, if I miss the preorder.

KICK A**! THAT'S GREAT NEWS MAN YEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!:fireworks:fest :chew:fireworks:
What number did you get furystorm?

Back