From Exorcist ro Hereditary - Best Horror Films by year.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own every single movie mentioned here lol

Horror movies make up the largest part of my collection!

One of the biggest crimes against horror releases is that there is no proper blu-ray 3D release of F13th Part 3.

Crying shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think I own them all also..

I have sold a lot of my Blu rays off... I still have over 1000 movies.. But most of them are horror.

Jye… Do you really own Exists ??

Best Big Foot movie ever! Of course that is not say much at all :lol

CTB and Blade Runner's posters had me lusting after watching those as a kid.

CTB had such a huge impact on me as a young adult.. I liked the film when I saw it in the theaters with my dad... Got reading the Conan comics. But when then I watched it on HBO when it premiered and became a HUGE MEGA FAN! The Soundtrack is probably the most listened to album of me time for me.

I use to throw on a rain coat and walk around outside in the rain just so I could feel like Deckard :lol

An American Werewolf in London and The Thing makes the 80’s awesome then when you add Fright Night 1, Friday 13th 1, The Fly, Evil Dead and Day of the Dead the 80’s can’t be touched it certainly equals if not surpasses the 70’s.

Anyone who rates the 80’s as a lame decade for horror is either trolling or 13 lol

Fixed ;)

The Thing alone makes the 80’s awesome then when you add Fright Night 1, American Werewolf in London, Friday 13th 1, The Fly, Evil Dead and Day of the Dead the 80’s can’t be touched it certainly equals if not surpasses the 70’s.

All fine horror movies a teenage boy would love indeed. Not all time great films like the 70s, but they're fine. :)

Well I have put his claim to the test many many times and those above mentioned movies have held up way past my teen years.

Again this is a list that is picking the best from that Year... Some years had a tie.. So while I liked 30 Days of Night it was nowhere near The Mist for me.

OK, I guess I wasn't really looking at it on a strict year-by-year basis. Although I still remember how creeped out I was by 30 Days of Night while The Mist barely registers anymore. So I guess I have to disagree with you on that one.

I remember being the cool kid who went to The Thing instead of ET lol

Does anyone else remember it that way? :lol

Jye now........

giphy.gif

CTB had such a huge impact on me as a young adult.. I liked the film when I saw it in the theaters with my dad... Got reading the Conan comics. But when then I watched it on HBO when it premiered and became a HUGE MEGA FAN! The Soundtrack is probably the most listened to album of me time for me.

Yep, CTB is truly one of the greats. A timeless 10/10 film.

I use to throw on a rain coat and walk around outside in the rain just so I could feel like Deckard :lol

That's awesome. :lol

My house is a split level with one staircase going down to the landing that leads to the front door and then a second set of stairs going down to the finished basement. Whenever I'm hurrying down the stairs for whatever reason I always for a split second think of the T-1000 stiffly going down the stairs after John Connor in the Galleria mall, lol.

C

I wear glasses, so when I put on my sweater and carry my bag to work, I now feel like incredible Hulk. :chase

Whenever I'm hurrying down the stairs for whatever reason I always for a split second think of the T-1000 stiffly going down the stairs after John Connor in the Galleria mall, lol.

I actually do the same thing at work when taking the stairs and I even do it stiffly. :lol

I'm not. Also, since technically JAWS isn't considered a horror film, shouldn't 70's movies like A Clock Works Orange, The Omen and The Wicker Man count?

I think most consider JAWS a horror film.. Its on like every top Horror movie list.. Its use to always be in the horror section at the video stores. Its just so great that people tend to forget that its a horror film :) Their is a sub genre of Animal attack horror films which it is firmly a part of.. It scares the **** out of people and well there you have it :)

Its also the greatest adventure / action / comedy / drama movie of all time.

The Omen is for sure a Horror film... Why would it not be? I know Richard Donner has tried to say its not.. But sorry bub.. You made a horror film :lol

I always thought of The Wicker man as Horror also.. Cult Horror.

Clockwork Orange.. No horror there IMO.. Not in the least. I love the film. LOVE IT but to me its more Sci Fi.

Last edited:
OK, I guess I wasn't really looking at it on a strict year-by-year basis. Although I still remember how creeped out I was by 30 Days of Night while The Mist barely registers anymore. So I guess I have to disagree with you on that one.

30 Days of Night is a film that for some reason I never want to watch.. Even though I liked it.. I have to give it another spin.

I love the feeling of hopelessness that The Mist has.. The Punch in the gut ending is amazing but I almost wish it ended with a monster eating the final character with the world covered in Mist.

For 2007 I'd have put the French movie Inside as my favourite. The Mist would be second. I'd put Trick'r'Treat, if it can be considered true horror, and even Rogue, the crocodile flick, above 30 days of night personally.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The clips of the CGI monsters from The Mist turned me off to seeing it and then the twist ending got spoiled so I felt there was no point in watching it after that.

Yep, CTB is truly one of the greats. A timeless 10/10 film.

That's awesome. [emoji38]

My house is a split level with one staircase going down to the landing that leads to the front door and then a second set of stairs going down to the finished basement. Whenever I'm hurrying down the stairs for whatever reason I always for a split second think of the T-1000 stiffly going down the stairs after John Connor in the Galleria mall, lol.
I just do the "dun dun dun de dun" music from Terminator, makes you feel unstoppable, even if I'm just folding laundry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back