From Boris to bore us,

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
knewby said:
"Bad movies".....??...........I think you'll find that ignorant comment will land you in the minority...............................Larry

:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :emperor

i doubt that....oh wait the baby boomers are for the most part the majority so you're right. :)

The Frankenstein looked amazing! They're selling Bib Fortuna and not him? Where's the justice in this world????????

Universalrocks said:
BAD MOVIES! I would have to have my mouth washed out with soap if I said what I really wanted too!!!!!:censored

i was just messing with you guys. they aren't bad movies...just old movies to be watched keeping in mind the era they were made in.

Keep smiling The Monster. Laughter is bliss.

You have made a re****tion for yourself, most certainly, and there are heaps of us that would like The Revenant, but we take it on the chin. That there was/is a prototype gives us all hope, and being in the same boat we can keep laughing till /if it ever gets produced, then we'll see who laughs last. It wont be you then will it, and someone else will take over your rep.

Back on track, more of arise and less of demise. Sometime in the future I would think the old lines will be revisited. The Monster is but one fan that missed the boat. There will be more, and more means more demand. More demand means some lines may be resurrected.

Huh? why does the swear filter block out rep u tat ion? Weird.

"The Monster is but one fan that missed the boat. There will be more, and more means more demand. More demand means some lines may be resurrected".

creecher, I could not have stated that better myself! That is what I hope to get Sideshow to do! Go back & resurrect the Vintage Monster items that were not
produced or items where the edition size was to small! Who is with me on this?:blackbat

Demand is always there for the Uni-Monsters, but good timing always helps. What could be better than revisiting the original Wolf Man figure (and Maleva) in time for the 2008 remake ? The publicity would be a big push, or at the very least make the younger generations a tad curious about the merchandise for the original film. Sideshow did it once with Kong (though extremely high end), I can only hope they do it again.

The Universal / Classic Monsters are not dead... they are the Undead and therefore shall always return to haunt our dreams and roam our shelves!

lcummins said:
The Universal / Classic Monsters are not dead... they are the Undead and therefore shall always return to haunt our dreams and roam our shelves!

Yeah no kidding. :monkey5

STILL waiting for 1:6 Ygor. :tap

Bonehead15 said:
Yeah no kidding. :monkey5

STILL waiting for 1:6 Ygor. :tap

I have faith! The villagers tried to kill him by hanging and couldn't do it... Sideshow will have no luck in killing him as well! You will see him peering at you from the corner of a window... and there will be the lyrical sound of a flute off in the distance...

lcummins said:
I have faith! The villagers tried to kill him by hanging and couldn't do it... Sideshow will have no luck in killing him as well! You will see him peering at you from the corner of a window... and there will be the lyrical sound of a flute off in the distance...

I was hoping for maybe a SDCC Ex for Ygor but ... :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I still can't believe that SS thinks Ygor won't sell. :(

Sorry for my weekly "Ygor rant." :lol

After what...4 years of disapointment you'd think I'd be used to it. :eek:

Bonehead15 said:
...After what...4 years of disapointment you'd think I'd be used to it. :eek:

They still have a soft spot for the Monsters as witnessed by the 1:1 busts and PF line and hints of other possible lines... the 1/6 line will rise again and we shall all shout to the heavens... "It's Alive! It's Alive!" :D

I think it all depends on what we each, as individuals, find interesting. I'm quite pleased having Sideshow making Star Wars figures; I'd been hoping for them to do so for several tears at the point they clinched the sublicense.

It's too bad there are such sour grapes from those who are bigger fans of other licensed properties, but that is the way of the world....

I think that if Sideshow really wanted to go back into Universal Monsters in a major way they'd have to produce new versions of the heavy hitters. I think that the market is ripe for a new Karloff Frankenstein and Mummy, Lugosi Dracula, etc. based upon the aftermarket prices these pieces are bringing in. Do them up really nicely (maybe with a new body) and sell them in Star Wars-style packaging for $65-70 each.

(I wouldn't mind seeing an Ygor myself, though.)

Whenever there's a Uni-Monsters wish-list, it's always Ygor that everyone wants. I know I'm on that list.

lcummins said:
They still have a soft spot for the Monsters as witnessed by the 1:1 busts and PF line and hints of other possible lines... the 1/6 line will rise again and we shall all shout to the heavens... "It's Alive! It's Alive!" :D

As long as i get a Creacher PF to Round out my Set i will be a Happy Person...

Poelzig, I agree with you a hundred per cent!!! It´s been awhile since I don´t buy anything from SS, the dead and the other super-expensive (but not creative) stuff they put out does not interest me... In my opinion, SS is losing the "magic".

Sideshow filled GIANT holes in our collective wishlists, but we'll ***** about the one figure they didn't make (and it's usually a figure that wouldn't sell 300 units). Threads like these give collectors a bad name.

Back