FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=3350

072007frodosam07-7-24-07SDCCpreview.jpg

Okay, if the crew at SSC are sci-fi/fantasy "nerds" like the rest of us, who screwed the names up? ----> :lol

Frodo looks just about perfect. Sam is decent ... but something looks off - maybe the nose? While I do not want to seem too picky, the facial sculpt on his Toybiz Stand-in (at least in my current display LOL) is a better likeness of the actor.

Roto_Samwise_Front.jpg

True, the paintjob on the SSC Sam is light years better ... but the overall sculpt looks more defined on the 10 dollar "toy".

Both head sculpts are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!
And at a much smaller size then usual. Whomever sculpted them did an excellent job!
:bow:bow:bow:bow

Last edited:
What do you mean the names are screwed up? They're spelled correctly. If you mean placement - it's not a screwup but an art direction choice. You want Frodo's head bigger and his name first.

I'm still hyper-ventilating from this news! SO awesome. They probably won't be any cheaper--Sam is freaking LOADED with accessories! Frodo might be a little less than Sam, but I can see Sam being a bit more because of all his gear. I'll gladly fork over the cash though--these are FANTASTIC!

Back