Frodo 1/4 Ordering - WE NEED TO KNOW!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisSolo

Super Freak
Reaction score
...well, I do anyway :D

Can some kind soul from Sideshow clarify the ordering system for the Frodo 1/4? Will it be PP? Will there be an Exclusive PP? Or will it be through the newsletter only? Will I wake up Friday morning to find him sold out...? I'm in the UK - waiting for the newsletter to be posted can mean a loooooong night... Or am I panicking over nothing and there'll be no exclusive and a TBD quantity? Don't leave us :confused: :horror :banghead

So many questions, so little time... :D

i also live in the uk so i hope it goes up for order the same time as the others which is 6pm for me.if not and its throught the news letter then it will be around 3am witch way to late for me as i have to be up for work at 6 friday morning.but if it is who needs sleep anyway.

Yes,

Please let us know!

I want to make sure I get the exclusive versions of all LOTR 1/4 pieces.

Thanks!

Listen to the Podcast he goes up for sale next week. I would say he is just a newsletter pre-order but still may have an exclusive.

jlcmsu said:
Listen to the Podcast he goes up for sale next week. I would say he is just a newsletter pre-order but still may have an exclusive.

I did listen, that's why I'm asking for a little clarity to help belie any :confused:

I think you're right though, most probably a newsletter job... bad news for us poor EU souls...

But I too want all the excluaives (if possible) for the characters I most want, so if I'm having to wait up till 3am I'd appreciate knowing if/what/how/when etc. Please, anyone at SS, PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY! Thanks! :peace

Agreed on the need to know on WHEN and HOW Frodo will come up for order.
I'm talking specifically about any exclusive versions of him that are made.

PLEASE lets not make this another "Grey Hulk" debacle with many
p_____ off people (such as myself) upset at having missed ordering it. :banghead

I've got the Exclusive Lurtz on order, and I definitely want the
Exclusive version of Frodo as well. I have HIGH hopes that the
likeness will be much more accurate than was on the 1/6th statue.

I owned the statue but sold it just because of that issue in fact.

JS :)

JSAuctionService said:
PLEASE lets not make this another "Grey Hulk" debacle with many p_____ off people (such as myself) upset at having missed ordering it. :banghead

Well, like I said in the Podcast they said next week and my guess or rather common sense tells me since he isn't a Priority Pre-Order he will be in next weeks newsletter. There has been what 2 newsletter since the GH that have hit at the same time. I hope by now people know so the owness is on the buyer to be paying attention. I'd say next Thursday night around 7pm CST you might wanna stay paying attention to SS site or this board for when Frodo goes up.:D

You know what this means, don't you? There are going to be a whole lot of people with windows open to the newsletter page, hitting refresh every 10 seconds for about an hour before the newsletter actually goes up. It ain't gonna be pretty. ;)

From the podcast:

"Lord of the Rings news: Mr. Frodo, where are you? We'll tell you where he is! He'll be preordering on our site next week. Frodo is the next figure offered to fans from our Lord of the Rings Premium Format collection."

He will go on sale next week, and was not announced as a priority preorder. If Sideshow does not send out a flash e-mail announcement next Wednesday saying otherwise (as they have with all other priority preorders), then you can expect a normal sale of a regular version, starting with the release of the newsletter. And even if there is a surprise unannounced exclusive version, there will be plenty to go around.

Don't panic!

tomandshell said:
From the podcast:

"Lord of the Rings news: Mr. Frodo, where are you? We'll tell you where he is! He'll be preordering on our site next week. Frodo is the next figure offered to fans from our Lord of the Rings Premium Format collection."

He will go on sale next week, and was not announced as a priority preorder. If Sideshow does not send out a flash e-mail announcement next Wednesday saying otherwise (as they have with all other priority preorders), then you can expect a normal sale of a regular version, starting with the release of the newsletter. And even if there is a surprise unannounced exclusive version, there will be plenty to go around.

Don't panic!

Bingo:D :banana

010_bingo_on_line.jpg

If there's no exclusive then the edition size will be TBD and it WILL NOT sell out before you get a chance to order next Friday. So Yurps - sleep tight and just order when you get up the next day.

At the risk of bringing up a sore subject, the Hulk vs. Spider-Man Diorama had both an exclusive, AND an uber-exclusive, and was not a priority pre-order.

We simply don't know what might happen on Thursday. All we DO know is that it will most likely be available for pre-order (in one or more variations) at that time. Whether there will be plenty to go around remains to be seen.

Which is why you need to be ready next Thursday night. As far as an uber exclusive well I don't know how many they will do if any for either LOTR or SW.

jlcmsu said:
Which is why you need to be ready next Thursday night. As far as an uber exclusive well I don't know how many they will do if any for either LOTR or SW.

Thursday night? 3am Friday morning me thinks... :banghead :horror :D

I agree as the Uber (grey Hulk) variation was nothing more than a color change they could of done it with spidey as well and put him in a symbiote suit I don't see anything like that for frodo unless they had glow to his sword or something I don't know just rambling I guess.

Back