Friday the 13th Sequel Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Here is the official word:

Feb 27 2009 - Friday the 13th: Part 2???

I knew 30-year-old teenage guy should have stabbed Jason more times with the machete. Jason survived! And he's going to return for more murder in Friday the 13th: Part 2, which won't be a remake of the original Part 2 because the remake of Part 1 already compressed bits from several of the prior Friday the 13ths, including Part 2, into one movie. Are you following? Here's what the Hollywood Reporter says:

The villain who's defied death more often than Evil Knievel is making another appearance on the big screen. Sources saying that New Line and Platinum Dunes are moving forward on a new “Friday the 13th" and that Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, who wrote the recently released reboot, beginning work on a script for a new picture.

There's a catch, though.

Unlike the sophomore efforts of other franchises, the new “Friday” is expected to be not a sequel so much as a follow-up, those familiar with the project say. Jason Voorhees will be the villain, of course, but the new picture is expected to use elements of the original franchise more as a jumping-off point than as a template.

The reason? The reboot drew from the first four pictures in the “Friday” series, and producers are said not to be keen on the plot elements of the half-dozen movies that followed. And Marcus Nispel, who directed the latest film, is a possible but unlikely candidate to helm the “Friday” follow-up; the director is believed to be fielding offers for movies across other genres.

I'm not sure why the producers are so against using elements of the later sequels as inspiration for a second film. Good luck to the writer who has to come up with a better story than Jason rising from the grave, taking Manhattan, going to Hell, fighting Freddy Krueger, and ending up in the future, in space. How would you even avoid those elements?

Interesting....I wonder what "new direction" equates to....

Jason has always worked best as a shadow, lurking in the dark, only to be seen by his next victim. But in our modern voyeuristic and thrill/kill hungry society I'd like to see Jason become the hunted---a survivor somehow uploads a video on the net and suddenly Crystal Lake is besieged by obnoxious news-entertainment reporters, youtubers, and the general cult of personality that so many people have for serial killers. Imagine the grist this would supply for Jason's machete. Another idea is that like some killers have stated that they're often haunted by the faces of their victims. Maybe Jason could be haunted by all these years of bloodshed and his hundreds of kills could come back to do to him what he's done to so many of them. You could fill the movie with every imaginable gore effect. The movie could fade to Jason staring at the camera, restrained in an asylum and all of this is going on in his mind. The psyche of Jason is terrain we haven't covered yet. And lastly I'd love to have Jason back in Manhattan. This would give him the chance to go up against everyone's favorite wallcrawler. Jason vs. Spiderman, the geek in me has been wanting this matchup for years. It's definately going to be interesting to see what is in store for future F13 installments.

Well, anything is better than what they did post Part 6. :lol

As long as they don't try to take Jason away from what makes him Jason... I'm cool. Just keep it true to his roots and it should be fine.

yeah igota say they MUST keep him more of a human, well deformed human killer as apose to jst a walking zombie who jst goes round killing anyone. they need to keep the human side to jason in future movies.

Well after seeing the horrendous remake I have to admit they ^^^^ up the legend of Jason. They have Jason kidnapping a girl because she wore a lock that belongs to his mom and kept the girl for a couple of weeks. Rediculous. Jason is now hiding underground, setting up traps. This take away the theory of Camp Crystal having a "DEATH CURSE". Jason is a curse to anyone who enters the land of Camp Crystal or anyone in Jason's presence will die. furthermore they have Jason covering up his tracks from cops. Give me a break man. Jason kill cops. Jason is just a murdering motherfreaking killer. Jason only shows emotions to his mother and water. Like the guy said in the earlier post they should of go into Jason's psyche. Or show what actually happen when he drown and show clips of him as a kid, his relationship with his mother.

Another idea is that like some killers have stated that they're often haunted by the faces of their victims. Maybe Jason could be haunted by all these years of bloodshed and his hundreds of kills could come back to do to him what he's done to so many of them. You could fill the movie with every imaginable gore effect. The movie could fade to Jason staring at the camera, restrained in an asylum and all of this is going on in his mind. The psyche of Jason is terrain we haven't covered yet.

That seems like way too much of a departure from the Friday the 13th movies. Too much plot.

Same here... I think he should remain somewhat mysterious. We don't want to rob him of that like they did with Michael Myers. And I don't agree with Bloodsport above, Jason isn't just a machination of the "Death Curse". There is no actual death curse, the town just believed that after so many years of people disappearing in that area. It's an unspoken legend.

My hometown as a kid had this huge sinkhole on the edge of the city, a kid drowned there... fell in fishing. There were gators and snakes... and we all thought that the kid who drowned haunted that area. People didn't go there, they freaked out if any kids dove in or fished... it was off limits. Now, it is surrounded by high fences to keep people out... and still the ghost stories and legends persist. It's human nature.

Jason in the film needs to be somewhat smart and cunning. The fact that he has a system in place, as well as a place to hide only makes him MORE believable. In the old films he seemed to teleport to wherever he wanted, the bodies and the blood always were gone...as if the kills never happened. And when he wanted the bodies to appear, they always popped up. At least now, the old mythology makes sense. THIS Jason could clean up after a kill, hide bodies and use his system of alarms and tunnels to find his quarry quickly and efficiently.

I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that.

I would love it if they took him out of Crystal Lake. Someplace, yes like New York. But actually have him do something there. Maybe give him a reason to be going after someone.

Yeah, but Jason really has no reason to WANT to leave. Crystal Lake is his home, it's where his Mother lived, worked and died... it's the site of his whole world. The ONLY thing that I could see making him leave would be if someone stole his Mother's head... and why in the Hell would anyone do that? :lol

He could get captured or arrested or something. Taken to jail....oh ^^^^...

JASON...GOES TO JAIL.

:lol

But no...I would like if he did leave. Crystal Lake is nice and all....but something different, without going TOO out there.

But this is just my idea. I'll see the movie no matter what.

Jason has always worked best as a shadow, lurking in the dark, only to be seen by his next victim. But in our modern voyeuristic and thrill/kill hungry society I'd like to see Jason become the hunted---a survivor somehow uploads a video on the net and suddenly Crystal Lake is besieged by obnoxious news-entertainment reporters, youtubers, and the general cult of personality that so many people have for serial killers. Imagine the grist this would supply for Jason's machete. Another idea is that like some killers have stated that they're often haunted by the faces of their victims. Maybe Jason could be haunted by all these years of bloodshed and his hundreds of kills could come back to do to him what he's done to so many of them. You could fill the movie with every imaginable gore effect. The movie could fade to Jason staring at the camera, restrained in an asylum and all of this is going on in his mind. The psyche of Jason is terrain we haven't covered yet. And lastly I'd love to have Jason back in Manhattan. This would give him the chance to go up against everyone's favorite wallcrawler. Jason vs. Spiderman, the geek in me has been wanting this matchup for years. It's definately going to be interesting to see what is in store for future F13 installments.

John Rambo is passing through Crystal Lake and decides to stay the night in a run down counselor house . . . .

Back