Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Jason fanaticism can be removed from the equation, then no, its not the most impressive premium format. Costume is as basic as you can get, pose is less than dramatic and the base isn't all that inspired. Its pretty bare bones, but it represents the character perfectly, so it is the best at what it is attempting to be. But removed from the source material and objectively looking at it without any emotional ties to the character, it can be a pretty boring premium format when compared to many of Sideshows more dynamic and intricate pieces.

If Jason fanaticism can be removed from the equation, then no, its not the most impressive premium format. Costume is as basic as you can get, pose is less than dramatic and the base isn't all that inspired. Its pretty bare bones, but it represents the character perfectly, so it is the best at what it is attempting to be. But removed from the source material and objectively looking at it without any emotional ties to the character, it can be a pretty boring premium format when compared to many of Sideshows more dynamic and intricate pieces.

[ame="https://youtu.be/_O-QqC9yM28"]302 Found[/ame]

Some good points made here actually but I still love this PF.

Thanks King, this is EXACTLY what I was trying to convey. Like I said, I have it and it is nice, so I'm not bashing it or Phil. I'm talking about the piece itself as a whole compared to others.

+1...Jason to me IS the masked version so the EX wouldn't of given me anything except to say I had the EX. Would never of displayed it maskless or with the machete. Not feeling that Parkinsons looking hand either.

I agree with you guys 100%! I think the regular version is Jason the way it should be. The Ex accessories would just sit in my closet.

But if I had the exclusive I would feel compelled to display him that way, so I'm very happy I have the regular. As you mentioned, the masked ax wielding Jason is Jason incarnate for me. Great imposing piece! He's big enough to throw down with my Aliens maquette and I'm interested to see him next to the upcoming Alien maquette.

Too many words :monkey4

Just got my non ex. version...and love it. SS did a nice job capturing JV look from part 3. My only complaint is his shirt not green enough...kind of looks a little brown..but that could be the lighting in my basement. Over all I hope this leads to a Part 4 PF.:)

Picture1062.jpg

Picture1061.jpg

Picture1056.jpg

If Jason ever did finish his mission in a movie by killing everyone, what do you think he would do at the end? I kind of pictured him looking at everyone dead, shrugging and walking away off into the distance somewhat sad that he has nobody else to kill.

Ah the voice of reason. I was reading the praise heaped pn this piece and was scratching my head. I mean yeah it's good but best PF ever??? I think five years ago when I was a bigger Jason fan I would have liked this statue a lot more but in no way would I give it Best ever status. I still think there is room for great improvement. Shirt could be lighter, the pose could look a tad more natural and not so straight legged, The Base is boring, and after looking at some of the custom masks being made for this piece it is easy to say that SS could have done a better job there also.

BUT let me say, this is still a nice statue. With excellent paint apts. The EX is probably the best EX SS has done in the fact that you get so much. It is SS best print also IMO.

I hate that I am let down by it. I thought about getting the reg but every time I go to my friends house and look at it I think "Meh".

If you are a HUGE Jason fan then I can understand being over hyped but man with all the great PFs out there I don't even know if this would make my top 10. Now I would own it before I would own Dr. Doom because I am a bigger fan of Jason but I would never say it was a better PF then Doom.

But hey thats me. Congrats to all of you who have found your perfect Jason. I guess I am still waiting.

Sweet collection!!! The Jason bust is sick :rock

If Jason ever did finish his mission in a movie by killing everyone, what do you think he would do at the end? I kind of pictured him looking at everyone dead, shrugging and walking away off into the distance somewhat sad that he has nobody else to kill.

I think he would go on Arsenio Hall.

81192_o.gif

Ah the voice of reason. I was reading the praise heaped pn this piece and was scratching my head. I mean yeah it's good but best PF ever??? I think five years ago when I was a bigger Jason fan I would have liked this statue a lot more but in no way would I give it Best ever status. I still think there is room for great improvement. Shirt could be lighter, the pose could look a tad more natural and not so straight legged, The Base is boring, and after looking at some of the custom masks being made for this piece it is easy to say that SS could have done a better job there also.

BUT let me say, this is still a nice statue. With excellent paint apts. The EX is probably the best EX SS has done in the fact that you get so much. It is SS best print also IMO.

I hate that I am let down by it. I thought about getting the reg but every time I go to my friends house and look at it I think "Meh".

If you are a HUGE Jason fan then I can understand being over hyped but man with all the great PFs out there I don't even know if this would make my top 10. Now I would own it before I would own Dr. Doom because I am a bigger fan of Jason but I would never say it was a better PF then Doom.

But hey thats me. Congrats to all of you who have found your perfect Jason. I guess I am still waiting.

I dont think we are quite on the same page, you have criticisms of the piece that I dont have, and I do think it is one of the greatest Sideshow pieces ever produced. I'm not disappointed by it in the slightest.

My point was that if you took away all knowledge of the character and source material, you could objectively see a boring piece. But
given the source and what Sideshow was aiming to create, I do think is near as perfect a Jason III as you could ask for. Its true to the source material, well crafted and from top to bottom 100% Jason Voorhees. Thus making it one of Sideshows best pieces.

Last edited:
Would any of you like this version of Leatherface?

leatherface2102910.jpg

Leatherface.jpg

Hell I would even take Tommy Hewitt from The Beginning. He looked like a bad ass mother ____er.

tcm_03.jpg

:goodpost:

My buddy just got his but ran into financial troubles so guess who got #45/200 :yess:

He gave it to me for the same price he paid, and I agree with everybody it is thus far the best pf in my own opinion. The paint is superb, I've seen some pfs with some crappy paint. And everything about it is to my liking. Now if I should cancel the regular I ordered... Decisions decisions...
Wow! Lucky dog! Big ol' honkin' congrats on the superb deal! :hi5:

Sweet collection!!! The Jason bust is sick :rock

I think he would go on Arsenio Hall.

81192_o.gif

I dont think we are quite on the same page, you have criticisms of the piece that I dont have, and I do think it is one of the greatest Sideshow pieces ever produced. I'm not disappointed by it in the slightest.

My point was that if you took away all knowledge of the character and source material, you could objectively see a boring piece. But
given the source and what Sideshow was aiming to create, I do think is near as perfect a Jason III as you could ask for. Its true to the source material, well crafted and from top to bottom 100% Jason Voorhees. Thus making it one of Sideshows best pieces.

I got what you were saying I was just putting in my 2 cents and then giving my opinion. Just saying that if one steps back and looks at it with an objective eye then I don't see it being so great. I then just gave my impressions as a Jason fan.

Would any of you like this version of Leatherface?

Hell I would even take Tommy Hewitt from The Beginning. He looked like a bad ass mother ____er.

Theres a Leatherface thread for that stuff :wink1:

I'll say it. Better than the Doom PF. Much better. Doom = most overrated statue of all time. Seated statues suck. Fact! :lecture

King Conan on throne and Lord of Darkness of throne would not suck. Fact! :lecture

You're going back on ignore. :wave

I got what you were saying I was just putting in my 2 cents and then giving my opinion. Just saying that if one steps back and looks at it with an objective eye then I don't see it being so great. I then just gave my impressions as a Jason fan.

Cool man, I hear you :hi5:
Hulk PF kicks jason's butt also

Hulk premium format is in a league of its own. Cant be compared to anything else, its just not fair.

Back