Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My not be to you liking. I could care less about doom. But it's a great statue.

Hulk PF kicks jason's butt also

So Does Conan and Indiana jones (All three) ;););)
True. Many things that folks call grails have flowed directly through my fingers like water. I ordered the Hulk PF, Cap PF EX, Red Skull EX PF, Shin Akuma EX PF, and many others. They were all sold directly after receiving them because I just didn't like them for one reason or another. I do wish I would have held onto all of them, so I could cash in now, but didn't care much at the time. Perhaps it was the fact that I wasn't yet used to the whole PF treatment and preferred fully sculpted pieces. I tried my best to like them, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Now Jason, on the other hand, I loved immediately due to the fabric treatment fitting the character so perfectly. No flimsy t-shirt cotton material. No bright green neon poncho. Nothing at all did I dislike about his clothing or the execution of the sculpture. The vision of this piece was handled extremely well and I more than approve.

I also think the pose is great, which I understand that goes against some other folks' opinions. It has a perfect awkwardness and believable weight to it. The pose feels like that of a big, strong, weird loner, which is exactly what Jason is.

Aside from these points, there is also the awesome sculpting and paints which send it over the top for me. I love it and it is my new favorite piece. :rock

The only real thing the Doom PF has going for it, is his throne. The detail is amazing, Doom himself is just ordinary.
I completely agree. I can't tell you how many times I've been lambasted over stating this exact thing. I've been called crazy and put on people's ignore lists because of it. I think they were just angry that anyone could think that about a piece on which they dropped a couple grand. :lol

King Conan on throne and Lord of Darkness of throne would not suck. Fact! :lecture

You're going back on ignore. :wave
:lol I love both Conan and LoD, but I would much prefer them in standing poses. Conan is actually my very favorite character ever created. I've read every single REH story and fragment about him several times. He's pretty much my Jesus. "WWCD?" is a question I've often asked myself.

If Jason fanaticism can be removed from the equation, then no, its not the most impressive premium format. Costume is as basic as you can get, pose is less than dramatic and the base isn't all that inspired. Its pretty bare bones, but it represents the character perfectly, so it is the best at what it is attempting to be. But removed from the source material and objectively looking at it without any emotional ties to the character, it can be a pretty boring premium format when compared to many of Sideshows more dynamic and intricate pieces.

King Darkness speaks wisely.

True. Many things that folks call grails have flowed directly through my fingers like water. I ordered the Hulk PF, Cap PF EX, Red Skull EX PF, Shin Akuma EX PF, and many others. They were all sold directly after receiving them because I just didn't like them for one reason or another. I do wish I would have held onto all of them, so I could cash in now, but didn't care much at the time. Perhaps it was the fact that I wasn't yet used to the whole PF treatment and preferred fully sculpted pieces. I tried my best to like them, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Now Jason, on the other hand, I loved immediately due to the fabric treatment fitting the character so perfectly. No flimsy t-shirt cotton material. No bright green neon poncho. Nothing at all did I dislike about his clothing or the execution of the sculpture. The vision of this piece was handled extremely well and I more than approve.

I also think the pose is great, which I understand that goes against some other folks' opinions. It has a perfect awkwardness and believable weight to it. The pose feels like that of a big, strong, weird loner, which is exactly what Jason is.

Aside from these points, there is also the awesome sculpting and paints which send it over the top for me. I love it and it is my new favorite piece. :rock

Those are some great pieces you use to have. I feel your pain about selling them off to quickly. I sold the PF Hulk way to soon but I really needed the funds at the time.

I think I am a little jealous that fans here can be so happy and see something in the piece that I don't. I want to like it. I really do. I love horror films. Jason is my fav horror icon. I wanted a part 3 Jason to fill that horror void for my collection. But then it was realeased for pre order and I was underwhelmed. But even though I am jealous, I am happy that all my fellow freaks who got this are happy. My friend who owns the EX is happy also.

I was just a bit surprised by all of the Best PF ever talk as I just don't see it. But as we all know that it what collecting is all about. I do like the piece enough that I keep coming back to this thread to see other peoples photos.

Guess I will have to wait until the part 7 Jason PF gets released ;)

Every once in a while I see a photo like this and I can see why it gets the love. I think in this photo for whatever reason Jason looks very lifelike.

I think it's the perfect angle for this piece. Straight on and shot while looking up just a bit.
Picture1061.jpg

for guys who are looking for a good looking frame for such an odd size of the jason print, check this out.. I love it and picked it up at michaels, it reminds me of a big baseball card holder lol..

DSC03651.jpg

:lol I love both Conan and LoD, but I would much prefer them in standing poses. Conan is actually my very favorite character ever created. I've read every single REH story and fragment about him several times. He's pretty much my Jesus. "WWCD?" is a question I've often asked myself.

I'm a huge fan of Robert E. Howard's books. I actually hope Sideshow does a PF that is more close to REH's vision of what Conan is suppose to look like.

for guys who are looking for a good looking frame for such an odd size of the jason print, check this out.. I love it and picked it up at michaels, it reminds me of a big baseball card holder lol..

DSC03651.jpg
That looks great! Thanks for the tip. :hi5:
I'm a huge fan of Robert E. Howard's books. I actually hope Sideshow does a PF that is more close to REH's vision of what Conan is suppose to look like.
I couldn't posslibly hide the incredible amount of love I'd feel for such a piece! :eek:
I think the Conan: The Prize was pretty darn close. I'd love to see more such Conan visions make it to statuary form.

YO Barbarian, you didnt dig the Arnie/Conan PF? It's one of the most pimped out PFs ever IMO.

My Jason is coming tomorrow. Should I unbox him at work and Freak everyone out?

I dont think we are quite on the same page, you have criticisms of the piece that I dont have, and I do think it is one of the greatest Sideshow pieces ever produced. I'm not disappointed by it in the slightest.

My point was that if you took away all knowledge of the character and source material, you could objectively see a boring piece. But
given the source and what Sideshow was aiming to create, I do think is near as perfect a Jason III as you could ask for. Its true to the source material, well crafted and from top to bottom 100% Jason Voorhees. Thus making it one of Sideshows best pieces.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Cockteasing the trolls? :lol

YO Barbarian, you didnt dig the Arnie/Conan PF? It's one of the most pimped out PFs ever IMO.

Arnie Conan is EPIC IMO! I Love that statue and it is probably my fav SS piece ever.

I don't know how Barbarian feels but many Conan fans did not like Arnie's Conan because it strayed to far from the REH version.

I became a Conan fan because of the film and then came the comics and then came some of the Howard stories.

While I realize the Conan film was not REH Conan it is still one of my all time fav films. Conan was my fav. hero as a young teen.

Arnie Conan is EPIC IMO! I Love that statue and it is probably my fav SS piece ever.

I don't know how Barbarian feels but many Conan fans did not like Arnie's Conan because it strayed to far from the REH version.

I became a Conan fan because of the film and then came the comics and then came some of the Howard stories.

While I realize the Conan film was not REH Conan it is still one of my all time fav films. Conan was my fav. hero as a young teen.

I know there were some differences and some new characters or characters amalgamated but we are never gonna get a better Conan film than the Arnie/Milius one. It totally rules and the PF owns.

My Jason is coming tomorrow. Should I unbox him at work and Freak everyone out?
I totally dig the Conan PF, brother! I wish it was more of the barbarian/adventurer clad Conan, but I do dig the hell out of the thief outfit they chose to go with. I can't wait to see what else they do with their Conan license. I wish they'd get to busting out some 1/4 scales! :rock

Funny how I was gonna reply the same thing...the troll king calling out trolls.
:lol:lol:lol
I know there were some differences and some new characters or characters amalgamated but we are never gonna get a better Conan film than the Arnie/Milius one. It totally rules and the PF owns.
You are probably right about that. I was hoping they'd go ahead and do more characters from the movie, but I realize that was asking too much. A tiny little run of 1/4 scales from the Milius movie would have been sweet as heck.

Back