Freddy Krueger Terror of Dreams Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this figure screams Nightmare 3 someone did their research the sweater is perfect even the fraying at the bottom they even included the black stain below the first green stripe just like on the hero sweater. Along with a fedora that matches perfectly I can't make out the glove details but finally someone gives some love to the Nightmare 3 look. The last Freddy figure they did the hat just didn't look right. This one is definitely a first day purchase. My search for a Nightmare 3 Freddy figure that looks great from top to bottom has ended.

The proto sweater on the last one was good, but not as good as this. The question is will the end result fall in quality just as the last one? I know it won`t end up as good as the proto here, but at least don`t give us the same result as last time.

the best part about this is right above it on sideshow's site is the 1/6 scale top of the body picture..in the most perfect pose i have ever seen

Have to say... I think the 1/6 scale looks better than the PF. I'm not crazy about the pose, the base looks OK, and the repeated skull combo (from the first PF) seems lazy. Honestly, a syringe hands Freddy would have kicked ass and been unexpected and fresh. I think I'll stick with the first PF. It's a shame because I've been looking forward to this reveal for 2 years now?

The skull he's holding is not just an ordinary skull it's Freddy's skull that was hidden in the junkyard. So I can see why they added that which nightmare fans will pick up on this. There are so many nods to Nightmare 3 on the base of this the Freddy Snake the sucking heroin needle arm marks it even looks like between his feet is the piece of steel that Nancy drives into him during the boiler scene. The last PF was a mixture of freddy from the nightmare series and Freddy Vs Jason and the hat on his head was hideous this figure seems to have everything matches Nightmare 3.

Disappointing.

I agree. I was really hoping to like this and haven't been on the boards for months but came back for this. Sideshow needs to never do "stylized" anything when it comes to movie PFs again. If we're buying a movie PF, then it should look like what was in the movies. Both Jason and Freddy look unlike their screen versions. Where is Robert Englund in that headsculpt? If you can't do something right, then just don't do it. First world problems... at least their DC line looks great. The Freddy PF isn't TERRIBLE but it looks like one of those McFalane Movie Maniacs figure that should sell for around $150 these days.

I'm hoping for some better pics so that maybe I will like him more. If anyone has any please post, thanks :) On another note, Deadpool PF looks amazing.

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Horror-008.jpg

Love this shot.

Yup...that's the money shot. I'm sold...

SMH. Sideshow has the technology now to give us the most screen accurate sculpt they can and this is what they give us...? This looks like $100 action figure. Just NO. Deadpool PF is stunning but Jason and Freddy are duds IMO. It's sad too because if these don't sell well Sideshow won't make horror figures again because they think no one will buy them. BUT, if Sideshow made screen-accurate versions they would sell like hot cakes. It's clear they couldn't get the rights to Robert Englund's image because his face is nowhere in this sculpt.

Yup...that's the money shot. I'm sold...

SMH. Sideshow has the technology now to give us the most screen accurate sculpt they can and this is what they give us...? This looks like $100 action figure. Just NO. Deadpool PF is stunning but Jason and Freddy are duds IMO. It's sad too because if these don't sell well Sideshow won't make horror figures again because they think no one will buy them. BUT, if Sideshow made screen-accurate versions they would sell like hot cakes. It's clear they couldn't get the rights to Robert Englund's image because his face is nowhere in this sculpt. It looks awful and very dated. Not up to Sideshow's current technology.

the first pf of jason part 3..i loved and bought straight away, great job ss on that..simple and that's all it needs to be...the ;last freddy pf was out there, had no idea what to make of it, with freddy just give him one of his awesome facial expressions and show the blades raised, pose from the movie...job done...don't understand why it's so difficult..tbh this pf is very lazy, i don't think i have ever used that term before about any company in the past...but that's what i see...it has almost the same pose as the last one...just modified slightly from what i can see in that picture.

As a part 3 specifically exclusive, they should've done Kristen's 1428 Elm St doll house. Would've been a nice touch. I'm sticking with my first PF. May pick up the 1/6, but even with that sweater is wrong :slap

I'm flip flopping on whether or not to buy this. I like how the Jason, Leatherface, and Freddy bases have a similar look. They will look awesome displayed together. I still love my Jason vs Freddy PF. Only problem with it is I can't keep Freddy's hat on. The EXs on Freddy and Leatherface have to be amazing....otherwise I'm just going to wait a year or so to get these.

I`m also very pleased with the previous Freddy PF, but this new one with the base, would fit much better in with new Jason and Leatherface.

Just days until the price is unveiled on Leatherface. It is a whole year since Jason, so I am a bit scared for the price. Alot of price jumps have happened since then.
If not more expensive than Jason I may buy this Freddy :pray: Will get an indication with Leatherface.

I really like this version of Freddy. I think that any of these three alone will look great but together will look fierce.

im disappointed, not a fan of him holding another skull or the actual position of his glove either! Damn dont mean to sound so negative but i just expected more.

im disappointed, not a fan of him holding another skull or the actual position of his glove either! Damn dont mean to sound so negative but i just expected more.

Not to be picky but at $500, I'm allowed to be. I too am not a fan of the skull. I must admit that.

Back