Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bust came in earlier this month, there's quite a bit of issues. There's glue residue here and there, chips on the base, uneven paint app here and there and a small dent on the chest which my mum noticed immediately. But if you view it from a distance, it looks pretty awesome. lol.

20130113_232032.jpg

Finally after 13 months of monthly delays for me he's in my collection.

20130113_143409.jpg

There's a brochure for the life size statue, lol all I can say is good luck to those who wanna get that. Fred Barton's products do not inspire me with confidence after this purchase.
Least this time round the packaging was different than before.

Bust came in earlier this month, there's quite a bit of issues. There's glue residue here and there, chips on the base, uneven paint app here and there and a small dent on the chest which my mum noticed immediately. But if you view it from a distance, it looks pretty awesome. lol.

did u take any damage pics?

I believe that was FELMAR's auction. I'm not selling mine either. Mint-Near Mint Robocop busts are VERY, VERY tough to come by :hi5:

If it arrives one piece and free from major flaws $1500 is a damn good deal as far as i'm concerned deal. Remember this is a true limited edition collectors with the original ES being 250. Now subtract all of the ones that were damaged in shipping, decapitated the actual ES is closer to 200ish. I honestly see Mint - Near Mint copies of these busts appreciating quite nicely in the future.

Yep, the presence of this piece is unmatched. Mine is from the first run and the paintjob is incredible. jaw-droping piece indeed.

I actually shipped the bust to a guy in Australia. It arrived in perfect condition. He did pay a premium to have it crated though...and yea..they are hard to come by in Mint shape :)

Well this keeps happening:

501c3c.jpg

I guess I should use some glue to keep it from doing this, my question is, what type of glue should I use?!

I'm sure this will eventually happen to all of them.

Regardless of the flaws, I'm probably going to keep mine. Definitely gets more looks than my clean MKIII IM.

Honestly, I don't think I could sell mine if I wanted to. I had to reposition the bust on the base since it was "screwed in " incorrectly by FB Studios.

After 5 months of waiting, I finally received my replacement bust from Sideshow today. The packaging this time around is like night & day compared to the original batch. Sideshow has actually reduced the overall size of the box and used proper foam inserts. Most importantly, the head did not fall off this time.

Pictures?.....of the box and foam I mean.

SS probably gave Fred sh*+ about his methods. Saying "Hey Fred, do you really expect us and customers to take you seriously? Saran Wrap and packing peanuts? Your joking?"

Fly on a wall...fly on a wall.

Chris

Yup! That's the new box!

Hard to tell in this pic, but the overall box size is noticeably smaller than the original.

So how does the piece itself look?

Any issues? or does it look better than the previous?

Chris

Looks pretty darn good...
better than previous versions...that's for sure.

Just a tad sloppy where the skin meets the mask.

DVDVampire-
Correct, no FB decals on the back of the bust.

Mine arrived with the new packaging.
Sorry to say it has all the craptastic hallmarks this bust is known for. I knew what I was in for, but the care and quality that should of been put into this piece is unprofessional. It displays nicely enough, but a matter of minutes prepping the bust for painting, some care during painting and some pride in the finished job ruins it on examination.

So how does the piece itself look?

Any issues? or does it look better than the previous?

Chris

I'll post a couple pics of this by end of this week. To be honest, the overall quality is a bit better than the previous batch (no chin guard gaps, scratches, etc). BUT, the paint job on the chest still has that dark blue streak. The original batch from Fred still has a better overall paint finish in my opinion...just look at the guys like Jed Thomas who own the original.

Back