Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll post a couple pics of this by end of this week. To be honest, the overall quality is a bit better than the previous batch (no chin guard gaps, scratches, etc). BUT, the paint job on the chest still has that dark blue streak. The original batch from Fred still has a better overall paint finish in my opinion...just look at the guys like Jed Thomas who own the original.

But he got his re-painted.

But he got his re-painted.

pretty sure he only got the mouth-area repainted. The armor was untouched.

I, like a handful of others have a "first batch" Robo bust when barton was packing and shipping them directly to the customers, before Sideshow got involved with the distribution. The "first batch" paint application is Robocop 1 all the way. 2nd batches that shipped from Sideshow more a Robo 2 feel.

The paint look of the first batch is neither R1 or R2. Like the piece itself, it's a Robocop but definitely not from R1, R2, R3 or the TV series.

The paint look of the new batches still missed the mark. The streak on the chest is a big WTF. They never nailed the paint job.

The paint look of the first batch is neither R1 or R2. Like the piece itself, it's a Robocop but definitely not from R1, R2, R3 or the TV series.

The paint look of the new batches still missed the mark. The streak on the chest is a big WTF. They never nailed the paint job.

My #24 is Robocop 1 all the way.

i think you're initial bust is as close as ur gonna get to robo 1 too.

Let's face it, trying to PERFECTLY match Robo's armor color is close to impossible as it's pigment changes pretty much in every scene.

Let's face it, trying to PERFECTLY match Robo's armor color is close to impossible as it's pigment changes pretty much in every scene.

Ture, my friend. Mine is in the works. I've provided all my notes and all the HD screencaps I got, behind the scene stuff to Bobby C. I'm looking forward to see how high Bobby can take it to. It wil be...different, if not amazing. Think retooled armor, silicone face and denture. Should be done either this or next month. ;)

Last edited:
Ture, my friend. Mine is in the works. I've provided all my notes and all the HD screencaps I got, behind the scene stuff to Bobby C. I'm looking forward to see how high Bobby can take it to. It wil be...different, if not amazing. Think retooled armor, silicone face and denture. Should be done either this or next month. ;)

Oh man that's exciting

Oh man that's exciting

Yes, indeed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a picture of my replacement bust. If it wasn't for the blue streak across the chest, the paint job is quite impressive.

Looks great. Congrats. Yea, the streak is an eyesore. When the time comes, I'll shot some side by side shot of the mod version and this blue streak version.

Yes, indeed.

Looks great. Congrats. Yea, the streak is an eyesore. When the time comes, I'll shot some side by side shot of the mod version and this blue streak version.

Thanks buddy....glad my replacement came in one piece this time. :yess:

Look forward to seeing your pics!

Whats the chance of my waitlist converting? I decided I wanted it and ordered it a few weeks ago on waitlist :slap

I suggest you get the NECA Auto-9 to go with this bust

(Or any better version of the Auto-9 lol)

I've actually thought about getting the KSC Auto-9, but can't find one anywhere. Plus, they're quite costly these days.

Back