Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I want this bust so badly right now. I really regret not preordering this from Sideshow.

I almost didnt pre-order this bust because of the bad press it got from the forums,luckily my waitlist converted a couple of days after robo soldout.i would of been kicking myself if i missed out.whew

This plagues me about once a week. Damn thing won't stay on.

Robopeel.jpg

So sorry to see that. Unacceptable!!!

If Fred can't Fix it, a friend of mine named Krazy Glue will do the trick!

Last edited:
Fred told the visor was a piece of black plastic that sits between the the edges and is lodged in place. Not a tacky glued on piece of plastic. Lying SOB.

I always feel like I missed out on not ordering it but then I see stuff like this and the lies this Barton guy tells people over and over and just on integrity alone, I refuse to buy from this guy. Now if you purchase from Sideshow, do they deal with the problems or do you have to take to Barton himself?

I always feel like I missed out on not ordering it but then I see stuff like this and the lies this Barton guy tells people over and over and just on integrity alone, I refuse to buy from this guy. Now if you purchase from Sideshow, do they deal with the problems or do you have to take to Barton himself?

I had mine ordered through Sideshow. I still cancelled. So glad I did. Nice piece nonetheless.

I saw one of these in person yesterday, didn't even know my friend had ordered it, as I hadn't been around there in a while, and he's not that much of a collector anyway, just a very casual one who impulse purchases things that he thinks look cool every so often (and has the free cash to easily do so). So seeing him with one of these was a bit of a surprise frankly.

Honestly, in person I wasn't that impressed, especially considering the price point this hit at, and was secretly glad I never ordered this myself, given that I was strongly considering doing so for quite a while there. In person it just seemed, to me, like it lacked presence, and looked a bit cheap and lacking in finesse and overall polish. Those 'little things' that make or break a high end piece. So many little things that should have been done better or been better crafted instead just seemed like they were done in the cheapest and easiest method possible. And the result of this was a piece that, for me, lacked true impact. I just didn't feel a whole lot of artists pride in the piece, you know?

I mean it's not terrible or anything, at a lower price point maybe I'd feel a little bit warmer towards it, but it could have, and I personally think should have, been so much better, given the cost, size, and iconic subject matter.

My friend seemed a little underwhelmed by his purchase as well if I'm being honest, but he's got money to burn so I don't think it'll bother him too much. Me, personally I would have felt more than a little burnt.

But hey, to paraphrase The Dude, that just, like, my opinion man, so to all who have and love it, more power to you. :)

Such an interesting piece. Loved and hated by many.

Me, I LOVE mine. The finish is top notch and presence is only matched by my 1:1 SS Predator bust

I've only seen the one so I can only truly judge by the one I've actually seen.

Perhaps there's a pretty wide variance in finish quality between pieces that might help account for such a wide disparity in opinion and feelings?

Hmm, any day now! I should be getting my monthly we've delayed your shipping date by another month email soon.

(Even though my final flexi is April, the current estimated shipping date has been pushed back to May, Just 6 months after the original release date)

Hmm, any day now! I should be getting my monthly we've delayed your shipping date by another month email soon.

(Even though my final flexi is April, the current estimated shipping date has been pushed back to May, Just 6 months after the original release date)

This is one of the few times i wouldnt mind a another delay.After purchasing Lord of Darkness lifesize last month and the first Venom lifesize recently,I need to pay off some of it before they charge Robocop on my card. :gah:

Freak I still havent been able to get Palisades Kane facehugger bust..he still on my grail hit list along with Wolf Pred

I was right on the ball, not one hour later and I got this in my email.
:rotfl

Thank you for your order using our FlexPay payment option. This email is to keep you updated with the most current information that affects your order with us.

Item Name: Robocop Bust
Item#: 901516

Order: P0009016

Our FlexPay schedules are designed to coincide with the item's arrival into our warehouse, so that the final payment is charged and your item ships out to you as soon as we take possession of it. However, delays do occur periodically in production or transport schedules that require us to alter your original payment plan.

Please note that we had to adjust your payment plan to the new schedule shown below. We recommend that you print this email out as a reminder of the new changes and make sure that funds are available accordingly.

New Schedule for Remaining Payments

5/10/2012 $279.99

My God the delays are getting out of hand! I really can't wait to get this statue already. Been pushing back movie nights (especially the planned robocop themed) one back for like forever just in anticipation of this piece.

This is one of the few times i wouldnt mind a another delay.After purchasing Lord of Darkness lifesize last month and the first Venom lifesize recently,I need to pay off some of it before they charge Robocop on my card. :gah:

Freak I still havent been able to get Palisades Kane facehugger bust..he still on my grail hit list along with Wolf Pred

Congrats on the lod bust! My folks won't be too thrilled if I were to get that bust but it is awesome nonetheless.

Yeah, the facehugger bust is a real tough one to find. Hope you get it too, its a definite grail! (Till now its still one of my favourite pieces! I'm surprised there hasn't been one released by SS till now) Are you referring to the wolf pred bust?

yes sideshow wolf pred..but to be honest i rather get the facehugger bust first instead because its extremely limited..250 pieces only makes it very difficult to find and purchase at a reasonable price

yes sideshow wolf pred..but to be honest i rather get the facehugger bust first instead because its extremely limited..250 pieces only makes it very difficult to find and purchase at a reasonable price

Good luck! Hope you get it. :D

As for the robocop bust....soooo close, its the 9th of May, just one day before my final flexi and then I checked the shipping status for it, its been pushed back till June. LOL

If it gets pushed back any further, I won't be able to see or even check it till 1 year 2 months later. (I'll be overseas for a while) That would suck so bad. Very very disappointed with the delays, this might be the final item item I'll order that's from fred.

Is this ever going to end....another month?

Fred has bitten off alot more than he can chew.....try hiring some more people. I cant imagine Sideshow are too impressed with him either.

Back