Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would make a great salesman! This is so tempting. How do I go about placing an order? His website is quite basic and I can find no contact details.

:lol...Thanks, actually I am by day. I sometimes forget to turn it off when im talking about my hobbies.

That said, until we see some proof of awesomeness. :) I'll most likely order it but I have see a finished piece, not 2 wip shots that obviously still need some works.

And I for one, would never spend that kind of money on that Robby Robot. :lol

Thats cool, when Fred emails me some pics of the finished piece I'll post them and share the awesomeness with everyone.
I agree with you on the 2nd part too, I wouldnt pay that kind of cash for Robby ether :wink1:

Chris

Well my order is in and the 50% deposit is paid for my Robocop bust! Very excited. I was able to speak to Fred in person and he was very helpful. I had to do an international bank transfer as I am in the UK which was an extra £20. Now the wait which should not be too long as he was hoping to have them in by March/April.

Well my order is in and the 50% deposit is paid for my Robocop bust! Very excited. I was able to speak to Fred in person and he was very helpful. I had to do an international bank transfer as I am in the UK which was an extra £20. Now the wait which should not be too long as he was hoping to have them in by March/April.

Good to hear...did he say anything worth sharing?...for members that are on the fence.

Good to hear...did he say anything worth sharing?...for members that are on the fence.

Ya.....hurry up :lol

Chris

Awesome news, and yes, I'd love to hear what he had to say. Details!!

Sorry guys I have been out and about! As for information he said he was expecting the prototype back very soon so hopefully we will get some photos. That he was entering the 'paint phase' on the others and with shipping they are currently looking to find the cheapest and most secure carrier. Other than that just an email to say he will keep me updated, sorry its a little boring really!

I wanted to let everyone know i called THE ROBOTMAN and spoke with him for about 15 minutes. He sounds like a really cool dude, that DOES NOT mess around. I am going to be placing an order for the 1:1 Robocop Bust..this week!!! The bust is officially licensed through MGM and it's going to be made with the finest AMERICAN materials availble. He said it's about 20+ inches tall and has some good weight to it. It's going to be shipped securely in "the most plain brown box i've ever seen"-Fred's words. I asked if it's going to have a "Sideshow" colored box...and he replied NO, because he wanted to keep costs down. He assured me I will be absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the sculpt and craftsmanship he and his team of pros will deliver.

Overall, if anyone is on the fence about ordering the Officially Licensed Robocop bust, i highly recommend calling the ROBOT MAN and talk to him. Very cool dude, and I will be placing my order later this week. he also informed me he MAY EVENTUALLY be able to take payment via CREDIT CARD (but not at this time) I can't wait to secure licensed 1:1 Robocop bust!!!!

Fred Barton's work is second to none...for those that aren't familiar with his work, he is the guy responsible for Sideshow's SOLD-OUT 1:1 Full-Statues of R2-D2 & C-3PO

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2212&ref=listing-page
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2215&ref=listing-page

Last edited:
I wanted to let everyone know i called THE ROBOTMAN and spoke with him for about 15 minutes. He sounds like a really cool dude, that DOES NOT mess around. I am going to be placing an order for the 1:1 Robocop Bust..this week!!! The bust is officially licensed through MGM and it's going to be made with the finest AMERICAN materials availble. He said it's about 20+ inches tall and has some good weight to it. It's going to be shipped securely in "the most plain brown box i've ever seen"-Fred's words. I asked if it's going to have a "Sideshow" colored box...and he replied NO, because he wanted to keep costs down. He assured me I will be absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the sculpt and craftsmanship he and his team of pros will deliver.

He also informed me that we can request ANY paintjob we want. He will pretty much paint these bad boys up at our request. he said he can give us the "rainbow effect" or base the paint on the original suit...or give it the bluish tint as seen in Robocop 2. He also said that we can paint the chin-strap to how ever we wish...in some scenes/ilms it's extra glossy...and in the first one it's not as shiney. I personally am going to find a specific scene in the film (where Robo's suit looks ideal), take note of the Chapter and time, and have Fred Barton and his crew use that frame as a reference when painting up my bust.

Overall, if anyone is on the fence about ordering the Officially Licensed Robocop bust, i highly recommend calling the ROBOT MAN and talk to him. Very cool dude, and I will be placing my order later this week. he also informed me he will be able to take payment via CREDIT CARD...to make it easier on his customers! I can't wait to secure licensed 1:1 Robocop bust!!!!

Fred Barton's work is second to none...for those that aren't familiar with his work, he is the guy responsible for Sideshow's SOLD-OUT 1:1 Full-Statues of R2-D2 & C-3PO

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2212&ref=listing-page
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2215&ref=listing-page

Thanks, that was a great post! I'm going to order this as soon as I can and I'm even more excited now than before. What paint style are you going for?

Awesome news and great update!!

But now I have to determine what paintjob I want... Decisions decisions!

What are people's thoughts on his best look? I'm thinking the paint from Part 1, but would like to hear other people's thoughts. As for the chinstrap, I'm thinking the dull look may be better so that it doesn't take too much attention away from the armor, but I'd have to see a pic of a shiny and dull chinstrap side by side to be sure.

If anyone finds some good screenshots, this might be a good place to post them.

I found this one from Part 1 that is quite good
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/screenshot.php?movieid=65&position=1
(for some reason I can't embed the pic)

I really like thje bluish tint and the "rainbow effect" but I think I'm gonna base my paint finish on a scene the First-Film, but have NO CLUE what scene i'm gonna use. He assured me these paintjobs will knock my socks off...similar to high end automotive paint finishes.

He also hinted that after the regular version sells out (limited to 200 or so) he is toying with making a battle-damaged version. But i was unsure if he was talking about a Robocop 1 (battle with ED-209 BD) or Robocop 2 (battle with CAIN BD)...but no guarantees.I asked about ED-209 and the 1:4/1:2 Robos...his reply was "Nothing this year...2012 is when we plan on prodicing them."

finally he said him and his crew are seriously considering producing "CAIN" in 1:4 scale as a companion piece to the 1:4 ED-209

:yess::yess::hi5::yess::yess:

Could you imagine a 1:4 scale ED-209 and 1:4 scale CAIN displayed on the same shelf :monkey2 That would bring tears to my eyes.

Alright, so it looks like our job is to now watch Robocop intently looking for scenes where the paint job stands out the most!

And no, I can't imagine an ED and CAIN on the same shelf... more like the same TABLE!! I would go nuts for those in 1/4 scale (and would have to sell off half my collection to afford them!)

Alright, so it looks like our job is to now watch Robocop intently looking for scenes where the paint job stands out the most!

And no, I can't imagine an ED and CAIN on the same shelf... more like the same TABLE!! I would go nuts for those in 1/4 scale (and would have to sell off half my collection to afford them!)

If ED and CAIN are made, they will be mine. NO QUESTION. I will cut other purchases if i have to. The good part is 2012 is 9 months away and it gives us time to save and prepare for those bad boys.

Back