Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW...i think i may place an order for the 1:1 bust.

What do you guys think of the likeness?

...are these officially licensed...or are they garage kits (similar to Narin's Predator sculpts)?

WOW...i think i may place an order for the 1:1 bust.

What do you guys think of the likeness?

...are these officially licensed...or are they garage kits (similar to Narin's Predator sculpts)?

Likeness is dead on in my opinion. And yes they are officially licensed, says so right on Fred's website.

Chris

Just paid my deposit for the 1:1 bust. I've said it to Chris (Atheris) in a PM, but I'll say it again here...

"Damn you Chris!!!"

BTW, Chris, did Fred give you any indication if that is the final sculpt of the bust? I'm assuming no, but I was curious because it's missing the double rings on the inside of the shoulders.

Last edited:
Just paid my deposit for the 1:1 bust. I've said it to Chris (Atheris) in a PM, but I'll say it again here...

"Damn you Chris!!!"

BTW, Chris, did Fred give you any indication if that is the final sculpt of the bust? I'm assuming no, but I was curious because it's missing the double rings on the inside of the shoulders.

Sweet man!...now we have to see who gets it deliverd first lol
Ya its not final, I noticed the missing rings on the bust as well...they will be added on dont worry. This thing will be sweeet! :clap

Chris

Awesome. The only thing I am slightly concerned about is the paint job on the face. I'm not worried about the armor paint. Time will tell.

No, it won't. Even if it did, there are always better deals later. :nana:

Normally I would agree with you there. But these are Fred bartons pieces here....which are mostly sought out by museums and very wealthy private collectors. Theirs no need for him to make any more versions in the future. If anything, these pieces hes making now will not be matched in quality by any other company (definitely not SS) for years as an officially licensed product with COA. His pieces are not just something else to add to the collection but also investments. Some of the pieces hes created are selling for $10,000-$15,000+ on ebay. I'd like to see a SS, CM or HT piece do that.

Case and point: https://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-Fred-...657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b1ab3b79

Chris

Normally I would agree with you there. But these are Fred bartons pieces here....which are mostly sought out by museums and very wealthy private collectors. Theirs no need for him to make any more versions in the future. If anything, these pieces hes making now will not be matched in quality by any other company (definitely not SS) for years as an officially licensed product with COA. His pieces are not just something else to add to the collection but also investments. Some of the pieces hes created are selling for $10,000-$15,000+ on ebay. I'd like to see a SS, CM or HT piece do that.

Case and point: https://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-Fred-...657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b1ab3b79

Chris

You would make a great salesman! This is so tempting. How do I go about placing an order? His website is quite basic and I can find no contact details.

Chris

That said, until we see some proof of awesomeness. :) I'll most likely order it but I have see a finished piece, not 2 wip shots that obviously still need some works.

And I for one, would never spend that kind of money on that Robby Robot. :lol

Back