Frank Miller/Will Eisner's The Spirit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more intrigued then I was before.
I sure hope those Muttonchops on the Octopus were intended to look fake because it's extremely obvious.

Well...
I "saw" this today... and to sum it up...
I walked out of the movie theater...
This is only the 3rd time I've walked out of a theater...
this is the worst P.O.S. I've seen in years...
seriously... AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!!
I'm just glad I didn't pay to watch this, I feel bad for all the people
that did...
It's so bad I wanted to punch Scarlett Johansson in the face!!
It's THAT bad!!!

I didn't walk out. It has the same fascination as watching a train wreck as it's happening, although with worse performances. Scarlett proves that she really needs a decent director to make her a competent actor and while the other actors do their jobs, the dialogue they have to say is laughable (but not in a good way).

In fact, I'm sure Miller thought he was making the funniest movie ever made, but there isn't a single person in the whole world that shares his sense of humor.

And we should be thankful to the studio gods that Miller never got to make a Batman movie - because I'm sure this is exactly how he'd do it. There are shots lifted straight from The Dark Knight Returns. Please, please, please someone take Buck Rogers away from him!

I plan on seeing this over the weekend just so I can see how bad it really is.:monkey3

I just knew that this film was going to horrible.

It's a shame since I am a big fan of the Spirit. :monkey2

I was hoping for a seriously fun movie....but yeah, it does look pretty ^^^^ty now. Trailers looked like all kinds of fun.

I was hoping for a seriously fun movie....but yeah, it does look pretty ^^^^ty now. Trailers looked like all kinds of fun.

Then you might like it.

My feeling was from the trailers that it was going to be hopeless.

this ^^^^in sux .... dont really care much about it, but I'll bet this will kill all chances of Sin CIty 2 .... :banghead

this ^^^^in sux .... dont really care much about it, but I'll bet this will kill all chances of Sin CIty 2 .... :banghead

Hadn't really thought about it, but the hate for this movie just might prevent anyone from seeing Sin City 2 if it got made. And the style is EXACTLY the same as Sin City, with no deviation at all - despite this being a comedy (at least I think that's what is intended).

I like this quote from Ebert:

There is not a trace of human emotion in it. To call the characters cardboard is to insult a useful packing material.

I almost want to go see it now just to see how any movie could possibly be as bad as this sounds from the reviews and word of mouth.

Back