Frank Miller/Will Eisner's The Spirit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the movie myself. Fantastic job by Miller, wrote it for the screen really well. Like watching a graphic novel... most people forget about that.
Thank you, Mr Bagles.
hi5.gif

Remind me to buy you a beer at Con, 'kay?

-samantha
5.gif

Well, you would need a lot of beers to enjoy the movie...at all. Maybe some LSD, or crack. Pot is too soft, you'll need the hardest of hardcore drugs to watch this....:D

You see Eva's butt. Thats it.

You know I saw this online, it was a cam upload but still its a lot flatter in this film then I remember. I remember from Training Day and a couple other her having a nice, shapely, rotund behind....in this one it looked long and flat as if in clothes it'd be nicely supported by the structure of the clothing but unsupported its look droopy which it did. This "thinning" of Hollywood is going too far....disappointing.

Seriously people,
Frank Miller and the producers of this film DON'T deserve
a dime of your hard earned money...
DON'T pay for this movie, don't rent it..
This movie is a joke in the worst possible way...
I read in one review that it's replacing Battlefield Earth as the worst Sci-Fi/Hollywood attempt...

Dayum!!!! As bad as Battlefield Earth!!!!!???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Caught a bit of this last night on cable. Some thoughts:

-What a steaming pile of dog ****.

-Instant evidence that a comics genius isn't a natural filmmaker.

-Sam Jackson is ****ing hilarious. I commend him for playing along to this outrageous garbage.

-There's a trippy undertone to this film that could have been pure genius had Miller just remained a writer and a solid auteur was helming the picture. Gaspar Noe would have made an amazing movie for instance and explored said trippy undertone fully.

-Yet another example of why great trailers don't equate to great movies. After the movie ended I rewatched the original Teaser (beautifully borrowing the theme from De Palma's Untouchables) and man, that was great. Incredible how a teaser that great amounted to such a crap film.

-Appropriately ended Miller's Directing career.

Back