Fox confirms Xmen 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BDboystoys said:
https://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/01/fox_confirms_xmen_4.html

Yay or nay?
I just hope Singer can get to this one and redeem the saga, to its former greatness. 3 was a great flick but it had so much unseen potential.

is that date on the aritcle right? january 2006?:confused:

anyway, i doubt singer will be back. brett ratner just directed the biggest opening x men film of them all. he'll probably be directing this next one.

i read on another site that the head of fox had brian singer removed from the fox studios by security guards. is that true?:lol

I was entertained by it. I was surprised that 90% of the audience left when the credits started. Youj'd think people would know better by now that there is alawys an easter egg at the end of the credits... I liked X3 better than the previous 2 movies actually.

Singer definately wont be back. The enitre reason for the hugely rushed production was because they wanted to smite Singer and be the first big blockbust of the year, after the delays with him and eventually just deciding to go with superman.
Thats what I heard.

BDboystoys said:
Singer definately wont be back. The enitre reason for the hugely rushed production was because they wanted to smite Singer and be the first big blockbust of the year, after the delays with him and eventually just deciding to go with superman.
Thats what I heard.

are you two people using the same account? in your first post you say you want singer for x men 4 and now you say he definately won't be back. (of course he won't be back, he'll be directing superman 6)

What's the big deal? He says he wants Singer back to direct but knows that's not gonna happen. I want Michael Jordan to come back and help the Bulls even at his age but I know that's not gonna happen.:lol

UPDATE: Fox has confirmed X-Men 4 with a release date of December 2006. A screenplay has been started and is due to be finished by lunch today. McG is in talks to direct.

There's more to the Singer thing and it's basically that they wanted to lowball him on coming back for 3. Tangled things up in negotiations for over a year, thus stalling X3 and DC stole him out from under them since they were unwilling to invest in the franchise. Then the panic flag went up and they had to rush X3 into theatres to beat Singer.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if Singer didn't come back. Unless Fox steps up to the plate and treats X-Men as a legitimate franchise they are going to choke on their own vomit when it comes to Mark Singer.

This whole debacle was traced back to one myopic Fox Exec whose name eludes me at the moment.

Nice,

Bring on more X-men films! No need for Singer either, 3 was great.

I just hope they bring back everyone.

Gruson said:
Nice,

Bring on more X-men films! No need for Singer either, 3 was great.

I just hope they bring back everyone.
I agree..screw Singer....let him make good Superman movies and Ratner can make good X movies....everyone is happy.

After an opening like X3 had, Fox would have to be insane to not want to continue the franchise. The series has only brought in more money with each movie and I see that as a sign that it's growing. Why kill the momentum of it by putting out the Wolvie and Magneto spin-offs? That means it could be over 5 years before we see X4.

kingdarkness03 said:
I agree..screw Singer....let him make good Superman movies and Ratner can make good X movies....everyone is happy.

Meh... I don't think Ratner can make good mac & cheese let alone a good movie.

But I like Bryan Singer.:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Don't get me wrong, I liked X3. But the first two films seem to resonate more emotionally. Why was Professor Xavier so harsh on Logan this time???

I'm afraid that with the astounding opening weekend that FOX has been erroreously rewarded for their mismanagement of the X-Men franchise.

Maybe given time and proper script production Ratner can make a better film....given the huge opening weekend Fox will most likely give it to Ratner again....& if Superman performs well Singer will no doubt be back fo the sequel..or sixth movie..or what ever you would call it.

kingdarkness03 said:
....given the huge opening weekend Fox will most likely give it to Ratner again....

Agreed.

But remind me again what previous Ratner film had tight pacing and camera work and solid character development?? Certainly not the Rush Hours or the mess that was Red Dragon? :monkey4

Perhaps he'll get better with time, but I ain't holding my breath.

PS: I have no love for Hugh Jackman's acting chops either.

Entropy Chicken said:
Agreed.

But remind me again what previous Ratner film had tight pacing and camera work and solid character development?? Certainly not the Rush Hours or the mess that was Red Dragon? :monkey4

Perhaps he'll get better with time, but I ain't holding my breath.

PS: I have no love for Hugh Jackman's acting chops either.

Agree with EVERYTHING you said...but given the fact he will get it back we must hope that he can fix his obvious problems...

Back