FotR Blu Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear the news... and skip the whining :lol

Just finally got a BluRay this week and I'm lovin' it! Guess I'll need to sell the EE DVD's before they end up worthless :lol

I thought the FOTR:EE and TT:EE were far better than the theatrical. For myself they felt even more complete. Some scenes that were almost straight from the books and filmed that ended up on the editing room 'floor' were restored in those versions and I was quite happy.

Now ROTK:EE on the other hand....ugh. Sure there were a few added scenes I loved (much for the same reasons I liked the other two EE's) but this third EE was overall just bloated (though that's even been argued in regards to the theatrical). And many of the added scenes were, IMO, just sub-par when compared to the other two EE's.

I concur. RotK EE was a drag, especially the extra scenes for the Outro. The best additions were in the Frodo/Sam storyline.

This will be when I finally break down and buy a BluRay player.

To be honest, I think the best thing to buy is a PS3, you can stream music to it, movies to it, surf the net wirelessly, its a 1080p upconverting DVD player, you can make picture slideshows, and it plays a ton of different formats, like DIVX AVI, etc etc. And importantly, you can play video games on it. :D

The regular Bluray players sometimes need an update to play the latest discs, and to do that, you have to go to the player's site, find the file, d/l it, burn it on a disc, and put it in your player so it can boot off it and get the update. With a PS3 you do it right over the net, no fuss no muss.

Like many others here, I will only buy if they are the EE.

Yeah, forgot to mention that... I'm the same way. Not as necessary with ROTK, but still might as well have them all.

I'd guess they'd have both versions, the Blade Runner released has 5 versions :google

I really hope they make a Blu-ray version just like the collector editions that have seamless branching of the extended scenes if you would like. You can chooses which version of the film you would like to see. I hope they also have added bonus material that we haven't seen before like bloopers or the original material Peter shot to show New Line how the effects were going to look.

Back