FotR Blu Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, because if its just the theatrical versions then I won't be buying it.

That's crazy. IMHO, the theatrical cut of "Fellowship" is far superior to the EE. It just has more heart and feels like a much different film, particularly the scenes in the Shire.

For the other two, I think the EEs are better.

That's crazy. IMHO, the theatrical cut of "Fellowship" is far superior to the EE. It just has more heart and feels like a much different film, particularly the scenes in the Shire.
Sorry, Carl, but I do believe you've sniffed too much glue...

5.gif

Wow, you're one of the few that recognizes that. Nice. The EE's of TTT and ROTK have some problems too, namely Gandalf spoiling the surprise that the Ents will join the fight early in the TTT EE and the ROTK EE giving away the King of the Dead's decision to help Aragorn far too early as well.

The positive still pretty far outweighs the negative for the second two EE's, not so with the FOTR EE.

Theatrical FOTR is a marvel in elegance.

I'll ABSOLUTELY be buying FotR on Blu-ray! :rock

Theatrical edition or Extended Edition. Whatever I can get my hands on. :lol

For me the most important scenes from the EE's occur in TTT, (the extended Faramir flashback with Boromir scene) and in the RotK (the opening scene of Saruman's fate, and the extended scene of the Morgul Lord Witch King against GTW).

I thought the FOTR:EE and TT:EE were far better than the theatrical. For myself they felt even more complete. Some scenes that were almost straight from the books and filmed that ended up on the editing room 'floor' were restored in those versions and I was quite happy.

Now ROTK:EE on the other hand....ugh. Sure there were a few added scenes I loved (much for the same reasons I liked the other two EE's) but this third EE was overall just bloated (though that's even been argued in regards to the theatrical). And many of the added scenes were, IMO, just sub-par when compared to the other two EE's.

Maybe it will be like Close Encounters of the Third Kind and just include ALL versions in one Blu-ray set. That would be awesome!:banana

Back