Forum hacked again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares if some of us are using the wrong terminology. Is there a word for people who correct others on their computer lingo? PC Nazi? I think we can all agree that the SPAM is annoying.

Well, hacking is much more serious and implies that site security s lacking.....

Spamming can happen to any site.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Just close down these sections of the board until permanent solutions can be put in place.

Yeah...they should be able to post in any section though. Other topics got hit the other day, there's no current reason that they'd be barred from the likes of Marvel, DC, Aliens & Robots, movies etc. Not that I want them to start spamming those sections :lol

Hacker= someone who breaks into a secure system with the intention of stealing information, compromising the system or adding software of there own to monitor.

Spammer= someone who uses internet email, forum, usergroups or postings in a way that overloads the system with their message. Usually done to overwhelm the system to shut it down, override the messages with messages of their own, or prevent new messages from being posted.

Yeah sorry I used the wrong term. Spammer is the correct term. :duff

There was a lull from the spammer idiot today but it seems like they are back. :gah:

I think Dave is away....the mods dont have the permissions to get in and fix what really needs fixing

DD is he just going to sit on his a## and do nothing about this spam :pfft:

Not sure but I think a lot of the freaks will probably leave this forum :lecture

Is this spamming automated somehow or is it a guy who is actually taking the time to set up multiple accounts and specifically post each one of these thousands of threads? If the latter, even with copy and paste, jesus......

DD is he just going to sit on his a## and do nothing about this spam :pfft:

Not sure but I think a lot of the freaks will probably leave this forum :lecture

This needs to be addressed already. It's like no one is in charge of the forum

I thought Dave already "left" months ago.

I get the sense that Sideshow cutting ties was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I've seen him logged in fairly recently. From some of his postings though I don't think he even likes his own forum anymore so I'm not sure how much he cares about this happening.

This is ridiculous. Damn spammers! :gah: I see they have resumed proceedings in the Introductions thread :slap

Back