Forum hacked again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if current members were restricted to 3 new threads per hour or something it would really slow something like that down. Although I guess they would then just create X many more accounts to accomplish the same thing.

Buttmunch banned several more spammers and cleaned up the Other Topics forum.

If you see more spam posts then please report them.

Hopefully Dave sees my PM and fixes things.
I think he deleted the NFL thread.

Surprisingly I didn’t! But another mod did :lol I’ve gone ahead and stickied it for now. Unfortunately as a Mod we still see deleted threads. So many sections are just a sea of spam for me. I’ve literally deleted thousands of threads over the last day and there are several I still don’t have access to delete and without combing through thousands of threads I have no idea if there are even more that still need deleting. Please be patient with us. We are doing the best we can till Dave can return and lock things down. If anyone has direct methods of contacting him, please let him know the situation!

You have to do something.it’s all over the forum ..Tell Dave to shutdown this spam or shutdown the source

I've PM'd Dave about these problems.

BM deleted 157 pages of spam...it could have been caught up by mistake.

Edit:

Never mind! :lol

Surprisingly I didn’t! But another mod did :lol I’ve gone ahead and stickied it for now. Unfortunately as a Mod we still see deleted threads. So many sections are just a sea of spam for me. I’ve literally deleted thousands of threads over the last day and there are several I still don’t have access to delete and without combing through thousands of threads I have no idea if there are even more that still need deleting. Please be patient with us. We are doing the best we can till Dave can return and lock things down. If anyone has direct methods of contacting him, please let him know the situation!
Thanks, I know it probably got lost in the sea of spam as that was one of the few threads getting posts didn’t the attacks.

I’ll believe it when I see it later tonight because that’s when the spammers attack seems like

Sooo..DS, BM, DD be prepared to watch for spam early Monday morning, late Sunday night :lecture

Having been a full admin Mod on a forum once, its an easy fix .

All first posts need admin approval before posting.

Email confirmation on all new members with Captcha checks

Limit user to 10 postings a week for 2 week intro periods.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I visited the Forum the other day and was hit with a "your computer is infected with a virus" webpage. I had no other website tab open and was only on SSF. I did click on one of the spam threads earlier that day but left without clicking any links.
After that Infected Virus webpage BS I did a full system scan with Norton Anti Virus and Malwarebytes, there was no virus present on my system.
I let Dave and Adoptedscot know through PMs. I don't feel safe visiting the forum so I'll try and avoid posting here for awhile; hopefully Dave can get the Forum back to it's old self soon.

Hacker= someone who breaks into a secure system with the intention of stealing information, compromising the system or adding software of there own to monitor.

Spammer= someone who uses internet email, forum, usergroups or postings in a way that overloads the system with their message. Usually done to overwhelm the system to shut it down, override the messages with messages of their own, or prevent new messages from being posted.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

This ****er's been active for hours now. 835 threads and counting. And another one just started up in the Questions and Suggestions section.

Who cares if some of us are using the wrong terminology. Is there a word for people who correct others on their computer lingo? PC Nazi? I think we can all agree that the SPAM is annoying.

Back