Forum hacked again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Board hacked?

What is happening with the introductions section? There are tons of spam threads that have occurred in the past week

All they Need to do is ban those usernames that they are using.

I've sent a PM to Dave and banned several spammers today.

Unfortunately I can't clean some forums because I have no admin authority in those areas.

I've asked Buttmunch if he would clean up the Other Topics forum since he has authority there.

Okay maybe I chose the wrong choice of title...but either way it’s ridiculous how these Korean or whatever Asian spam can just constantly take over a forum so many times in a week.

Thank you DS, DD an I guess BM as DS reffered, to fixing this forum :wave

However I think this site needs better protection from spam

The admin needs to ban their IP address or they'll just keep coming back.

They will just come back with new IP addresses. It was the case with member aussiebot who was banned, then came back as aussiebott, and then aussiebottt, simply by using Hide Me or VPN.

Re: Board hacked?

What is happening with the introductions section? There are tons of spam threads that have occurred in the past week

It's relentless in there (and a couple of the other forums) atm it seems. :panic: Feel sorry for any genuine new members who join, their posts are gonna get lost in all that rubbish.

These spammers are a persistent bunch aren't they! :gah:

Yeah its still going bonkers I see. I wonder why they are picking on the Freaks? Its not like its a big forum, really its quite a small little forum in terms of the internet.

Buttmunch banned several more spammers and cleaned up the Other Topics forum.

If you see more spam posts then please report them.

Hopefully Dave sees my PM and fixes things.

You have to do something.it’s all over the forum ..Tell Dave to shutdown this spam or shutdown the source

I don't understand why they don't just change the settings so that new members have to be authorised by a mod/admin before they can post. :dunno

Back