• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Forum Commerce Rules: EVERYONE MUST READ

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found out that there is a new rule....only 1 sales thread per person.

I dont see how this makes any sense, especially when you can only probably fit 3 items in the original title. and it will only make things harder for people to see what you are trying to sell eventually when the thread fills up with posts.

Also, we can't even re-edit the original thread title when we add more items.

Unfortunately it was necessary to implement.
It is a fairer way for all sellers to have their items listed and shown rather than a select few members taking up the whole front page with multiple listings.

There were peeps who listed many items in one thread as a 'Sale' thread and on the other hand we had peeps who listed 1 thread per item and because they were selling so much they took up the first dozen threads, each with 1 item in a thread.
The first page could be filled by 2/3 members and all their multiple threads, which bumped everyone else back to the other pages very quickly.

So to make it fair on all that want to sell, this rule was implemented. All peeps who start a thread now, at least it stays there for a little longer and more members have their items showing on the front page.

As for the titles, you don't need to itemise each item FS, you can list the makers, abbreviate, heck some people just call it a 'lost my job need to sell' thread and thats great too.

If the title needs changing at any point, any member can pm Jen or myself with a link to their thread and stating what they want it changing to and we can do that.

Shell
x :peace

If someone wants to sell something, make them work for it. Why have the mommies and daddies making sure it is "fair"? I think its reasonable to have a limit on how many threads a seller can have, but come on. Since when did applying a blanket rule really serve a good purpose? Except to make people have to think less. :dunno

If someone wants to sell something, make them work for it. Why have the mommies and daddies making sure it is "fair"?

I don't understand how these two sentences relate to each other. I would say that making people follow some rules is "making them work for it" -- not letting them do whatever they want.

In any case, I don't have any problem with the idea of people only having one thread at a time, but are we talking about only one thread total? Forever? I think it might be more reasonable to encourage people to only have one active thread at a time. Maybe the rule could be that people can only start a new thread in the "For Sale" section once every week or month.

Its easier to sell and it serves both buyer and seller if they are allowed multiple threads where necessary.

What I mean its easier to special a sale which contains a wide variety of items. IE

SSW LOTR Item For Sale
HT 1:6 Figs for sale
MARVEL Comiquettes for sale

Rather than

Stuff for sale: LOTR,Marvel, and HT... then you click on there and its a jumbled messy cornucopia of different things and nothing catches the buyers eye.

This was added to the Rules by Dave on 20th Sept 09:
New rule:

One sales thread per person at a time. Put all your items in the title.

Having multiple items from various franchises in a thread is not a problem. If you want to catch the buyers eye utilise the features of the forum, Bold, colours, underline etc.
Many people have been doing it for ages.

Just because some sellers may feel it would be more visually appealing to buyers to have several threads, doesn't mean it's fair on others when one seller takes over the top half of the FS area with a dozen threads.

At the end of the day, everyone who posts in the FS area wants their items to sell and want the best way to that.
Some think starting 1 thread per item is the way to go, some break them into groups of listing and some have 1 thread for everything.

The only way to make things fair to all is to help everyone get the same amount of 'time on the front page' as the next person is to stop the excessive threads.
Thats why this was introduced. One active thread at a time.
x :peace

I would hope that if a thread hasn't been bumped in a long time that it would be considered inactive even if it isn't locked. But if you've been bumping that 4-month-old thread regularly, then I would say yes you should add the items to the new one instead of keeping them both active.

Then your thread is full of "BUMP!" posts which is about as attractive to buyers as a coffee tin full of poo.

I don't understand what you're asking. You said you had a thread with Star Wars figures that went unsold for 4 months. Has the thread been bumped (either by you or someone else) during that time or is the thread buried (in which case no one will see it)?

Then your thread is full of "BUMP!" posts which is about as attractive to buyers as a coffee tin full of poo.

:rotfl :rotfl No crap!!!!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58031

Ended up closing mine since I didn't get any hits for a while. May have it re-opened next year if I still have some stuff left.

To be quite honest, having a thread for every item in my FS list would've been pointless considering the amount of subforum clutter it would create.

So I don't really have a problem with the new rule.

Back