Force Friday ---Planning to go at midnight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Force Friday- Going Or Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I waited six hours in line Thursday night at a Target for one item above all others - the Black Series Force FX Kylo Ren lightsaber. We go into the store and they have none. Bummed out, me and my friends drove straight to TRU and found the Yoda and Vader Force FX lightsabers - but no Kylo. All day Friday I hunted for it to no avail. The various websites (Target, TRU, B&N, Walmart, etc) all claimed they had none in stock nor any available for pickup. Friday night I'm watching TV and looking up Targets outside my territory just to ponder whether or not I'd drive three hours for this thing (we'll never know). I see that in one Target of the 20 in my territory there's "Low Stock" for the item. I'm at the door as they open 8:00 in the morning Saturday and behind me are three other dudes looking for the same exact thing. We all tried not to run to the section out of some sense of civility but ended up walking ridiculously fast. The four of us were bummed to see the section where the price tag for it was had nothing in it. The three dudes left but I had driven 40 minutes so I decided to vent via a manager. I asked her whether or not I should ever trust the website again and she laughed before proceeding to check the inventory. She says "We're supposed to have three." Having read online that each shipper box contained three Kylo Ren lightsabers, I told her "you have a brown box somewhere in the back that says Hasbro Kylo Ren Force FX." We walked together to the back where she sent one of the stock guys to look. He comes back with this.

6olzlt.jpg

I was ecstatic. There it was, the holy grail of Force Friday. I bought two, one for me and one for a buddy and then hit the road. They let me keep the shipper box which was a bonus.

Force Friday's midnight release was a bust (aside from meeting Oscar Isaac's uncle), just happy I was able to complete my hunt just a mere 32 hours later.

Aside from the Kylo Force FX, I picked up:

-Star Wars Aftermath novel
-Black Series Kylo Ren
-Black Series Finn
-Black Series Chewbacca
-Black Series Rey
-Black Series Stormtrooper

Nice find! Persistence pays off.:clap

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find! Persistence pays off.:clap

Thanks! It was a rough 32 hours. It was also nice to buy it from Target after all since they gave me $25 off with the coupon plus another 5% off with the Target card. Came up to $170 total.

Stopped by my local Wal-Mart yesterday and the TFA lego and saber shelves were all bare. All action figures were gone except for lots of Finns, Chewbaccas and a few Reys (as I predicted). They also had a bunch of mini-titanium vehicles still in stock and Jar Jar Hero Masher figs! They still sell Jar Jar toys? The only reason I would ever get a Jar Jar toy would be to shoot it with airsoft.

First MM I didn't go to but I stopped at 7:00 a.m. at WM and racked up. It didn't look like anything had even been touched so I had my pick. Went back later and it looked like a bomb had gone off and everything was pretty much gone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Dang SNIKT! You are dedicated :lol The Force FX saber looks pretty awesome! Great find!

Thanks, man. Its honestly my fav Force FX after ROTJ Luke's. The hilt is so wonderfully detailed and looks rough. Its heavy too.

Hopefully they'll keep making more (Snoke). They re-released three already via this new Black series line

-Yoda (green)
-Anakin/Luke (blue)
-Vader (red)

I'd like them to finally do

-Sidious
-Qui-Gon
-Re-release Dooku
-Re-release Obi-Wan TPM

It looks a lot bigger than I thought it would. Looks very nice.

How do you plan on displaying it?

It would be almost perfect if TBS Force Fx line used removable blades. I wonder what their reasoning is for not including this feature.

Live in a town of 25000, so didnt make it at midnight. The next day around 10am they still had quite a few figs. Grabbed a 3 3/4 in Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, and a Stormtrooper. All I really need to find is a Tie Fighter and Po's X Wing to hang up. So does this Tie Fighter for the 3 3/4 in figs have the big wings like the last few releases?

The only thing I got were some of the Pops (I only collect Imperial Troopers in the line): the Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper and Flametrooper. Love the design of the Flametrooper, and I think that Funko did a nice job with the designs. I was also able to find the Walgreens Snowtrooper. It's got an error on the back of the box. The name Walgreens is misspelled. Not bothering with any of the other toys.

The only thing I got were some of the Pops (I only collect Imperial Troopers in the line): the Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper and Flametrooper. Love the design of the Flametrooper, and I think that Funko did a nice job with the designs. I was also able to find the Walgreens Snowtrooper. It's got an error on the back of the box. The name Walgreens is misspelled. Not bothering with any of the other toys.

Did you pick up the POPs Ex Wal Mart Dewback w/ Stormtrooper?

Found a Black Series First Order Stormtrooper hanging out all alone on the shelf at Target today, so I brought him home along with these:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441682859.018159.jpg

My current Force Awakens shelf:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441682923.837552.jpg

Yeah, I have it. I love it. It's probably one of the best Pop sets that Funko has made, in my book. I really like the Jabba, Leia, Crumb 3-pack, too. I'm trying to resist.

I saw a whole end cap of those on Sunday at Walmart. Looks like they will be plentiful.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

I waited six hours in line Thursday night at a Target for one item above all others - the Black Series Force FX Kylo Ren lightsaber. We go into the store and they have none. Bummed out, me and my friends drove straight to TRU and found the Yoda and Vader Force FX lightsabers - but no Kylo. All day Friday I hunted for it to no avail. The various websites (Target, TRU, B&N, Walmart, etc) all claimed they had none in stock nor any available for pickup. Friday night I'm watching TV and looking up Targets outside my territory just to ponder whether or not I'd drive three hours for this thing (we'll never know). I see that in one Target of the 20 in my territory there's "Low Stock" for the item. I'm at the door as they open 8:00 in the morning Saturday and behind me are three other dudes looking for the same exact thing. We all tried not to run to the section out of some sense of civility but ended up walking ridiculously fast. The four of us were bummed to see the section where the price tag for it was had nothing in it. The three dudes left but I had driven 40 minutes so I decided to vent via a manager. I asked her whether or not I should ever trust the website again and she laughed before proceeding to check the inventory. She says "We're supposed to have three." Having read online that each shipper box contained three Kylo Ren lightsabers, I told her "you have a brown box somewhere in the back that says Hasbro Kylo Ren Force FX." We walked together to the back where she sent one of the stock guys to look. He comes back with this.

6olzlt.jpg

I was ecstatic. There it was, the holy grail of Force Friday. I bought two, one for me and one for a buddy and then hit the road. They let me keep the shipper box which was a bonus.

Force Friday's midnight release was a bust (aside from meeting Oscar Isaac's uncle), just happy I was able to complete my hunt just a mere 32 hours later.

Aside from the Kylo Force FX, I picked up:

-Star Wars Aftermath novel
-Black Series Kylo Ren
-Black Series Finn
-Black Series Chewbacca
-Black Series Rey
-Black Series Stormtrooper

I bet there were some pissed off employees who hid that box to buy when they got their next paycheck. :lol

That's one awesome story :D. Just something of topic, but do I notice a KNVB logo on (I suppose) your t-shirt? :wink1:

Back