Forbidden Planet.co.uk and CC scams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am with you on this. I have now cancelled all my pre-orders. It's not just the credit card problem (four cards compromised this year of which two were only ever used with them) but if you also consider the slow delivery, consistent advertising of out of stock items, failure to notify of dispatch of goods, and lack of updates to your account then it is hard to come to any other conclusion that this company has a shambolic business model.

I've got a couple of questions.

HOW do you cancel your orders with FB.co.uk? I've looked everywhere but can't find a way out. They have recently screwed my orders up and their returns option is a nightmare.

ALSO, What is the situation with the Dr Who exclusives? Why do FP.com have them for Pre-Order also?????

thanks

RV

Anybody who deals with Forbiddenplanet.co.uk should be aware of this possible scam message that I received just a while ago on SUNDAY!!! I recommend not to give any sort of information or reply to the sender. To me this looks like a scam!

We have recently agreed to undertake a number of security checks to ensure customer safety.

Your order has been selected at random for such a check.

Would you kindly confirm the middle eight numbers of the card you used to place the order.

We realise that to comply with this security request imposes an extra layer of interaction from you before your order can be processed.

Please click reply and send the middle 8 numbers on your card

Thank you

Annemarie
Forbidden Planet International

Anybody who deals with Forbiddenplanet.co.uk should be aware of this possible scam message that I received just a while ago on SUNDAY!!! I recommend not to give any sort of information or reply to the sender. To me this looks like a scam!

We have recently agreed to undertake a number of security checks to ensure customer safety.

Would you kindly confirm the middle eight numbers of the card you used to place the order.

We realise that to comply with this security request imposes an extra layer of interaction from you before your order can be processed.

Thank you

Annemarie

lol that is bad.... what is the e-mail adress does it have extra letters from the normal ones ?

to me FPI has made no serious attempt to fix this, i have not had one bit of info from them about this. a simple e-mail or telephone call would do , i have only found out about this through message boards so if i had not cancled my credit card i may of been hammered for thousands of pounds. with this level service for the financial security for there customers i hope there company goes bump. as we need suppliers we can trust

Thank you

Annemarie

Try calling Forbidden Planet to get them to confirm whether this is genuine or not

Make that count of people hit by this + 1. Thieving bastards used my card to buy £30 of calls for their phone via O2. I had a couple of items on pre-order with them.Noticed this last saturday morning. I felt as sick as hell then, now I'm just very angry. I hope they catch this thief and hang him / her out to dry. I know what I'd do if I got my hands on them.

Coud well be coincidence, but I Preordered the Iron Spidey off .co.uk - as per usual it wasn't in stock although the site indicated it was - called to check on status of order - told it was not in stock yet, so cancelled the order. My card was compromised and some **** spent £400 at the scent store days after my online order.
Like I said, could be coincidence but makes you think. I won't be ordering online from fp.co.uk ever again.

The email address was strange, definitely not from Annemarie, pitiful attempt from these bastards. Now I'll have to cut my creditcard and perhaps get my collectables elsewhere. I consider myself as patient customer, but we all have our limits. If they'll announce everything's dealed with this scam case, on their site and to their customers perhaps I'll reconsider then, damn!

Sorry to dig up ye olde thread but I was just curious as to whether anyone has ordered from .co.uk recently? I heard they had cleared up their security problems now. I placed an order a few days a go with both .co.uk and .com websites. .com have shipped my item already. .co.uk who have a really poor order tracking service that tells you nothing, have replied to my email saying its 'processing' and 'pending payment clearing'. Funny thing is, I used the same credit card on both sites. My payment was good enough for .com, so ship my damn product .co.uk lol! The girl that replied is called Tammy and the email address she uses is [email protected].

I just have a hunch they don't have the item in stock and are not telling me.

Thanks.

EDIT: Wow. I'll come here again lol, just received an email from them, my order has also been dispatched from .co.uk. Still curious to know if anyone has had any fraudulent card transactions since they cleaned their act up?

Last edited:
Never used them since my original post, most of the time I believe the stuff they say have they don't I won't touch them with a barge pole.

Well I paid by Credit Card so at least I'm covered if the proverbial hits the fan. Hopefully I'll have my package arrive Monday. Will update on how the service was if/when it arrives.

Haven't used them since they tried to rip off my card last year. Thats bad enough but yeah you also can't be sure they have what the site says they have. So why order with them and leave yourself in doubt.

Because hindsight is a wonderful thing! I placed my order, thinking the .co.uk and .com websites were one and the same company. Wasn't till I'd Google'd after ordering, I realised otherwise and found this thread.

But, giving them the benefit of doubt. They've shipped my order so I can't complain just yet.

Following my "will never use them again" post, I bought a couple of sale items at the back end of last week and they were both delivered yesterday, so quite happy with that. Missed out on the hot toys Marcus wright for 39.99, but never mind. Payments are processed differently now, so Took the gamble. Also got email updates of status, which i never had before, so has been a nice smooth transaction. - touch wood.

Following my "will never use them again" post, I bought a couple of sale items at the back end of last week and they were both delivered yesterday, so quite happy with that. Missed out on the hot toys Marcus wright for 39.99, but never mind. Payments are processed differently now, so Took the gamble. Also got email updates of status, which i never had before, so has been a nice smooth transaction. - touch wood.

Marcus wright for 39.99 :gah: i missed that as well.

If i ever buy from them i use paypal.

They have a few fairly good 1/6 bits on sale, but damn its the worst site to look for things.

G.I. Joe - 12" Cobra Officer Figure for £49.99 atm.

Sideshow 12" Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker £49.99.

Watchmen Movie - 1/6 Scale Movie Masterpiece Silk Spectre II (hot toys) £89.99

Watchmen Movie - 1:6th scale The Comedian Figure (hot toys) £89.99

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

My orders were for:

KOTOBUKIYA MARVEL X BISHOUJO COLLECTION PHOENIX BISHOUJO STATUE 1/8

phoenix_main.jpg

and

KOTOBUKIYA MARVEL X BISHOUJO COLLECTION PSYLOCKE BISHOUJO STATUE 1/8

Psylocke01.jpg

Granted, not SideShow Collectibles *hangs head in shame*

Last edited: