(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

Carrie was admittedly taking A LOT of cocaine during the filming of ROTJ. This explains the awesome body and the occasional looking of crap.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

lucasoi.jpg

Now that is awesome, I've never seen that before.

Did I already mail the disks to you Khev?

:lol

Do they work? :impatient:

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

Watching the original ROTJ in all its fan restored glory reminded me how much creepier the Sarlacc Pit was in the 1983 cut. When it was just a nasty mouth and throat it kind of seemed like some terrible orifice that would pull you possibly hundreds of feet down into the earth to the creature's stomach. Kind of a combination of two horrifying fates; claustrophobia plus a bottomless pit.

Starting in 1997 it just became another chomping monster. Scary in a sense but at least you might get lucky and get bitten by the beak in such a way as to die a quick death right on the service as opposed to the guaranteed smothering and slow digestion the original way.

The Sarlacc pit looked horrible in the SE... I have a hard time imagining who thought a wiener w/teeth would be a good addition :huh

The Sarlacc pit looked horrible in the SE... I have a hard time imagining who thought a wiener w/teeth would be a good addition :huh

Yeah that is definitely one of the really bad things about the SE. :lecture

We're probably lucky it didn't bust out into song, Little Shop of Horrors-style.

True this. A recent viewing of ANH has confirmed for me that Jedi was definitely hit the hardest by all the SE silliness. Say what you will about things like Greedo shooting (not really first at this point) and the utterly supurfuous Jabba scene, but Star Wars (as the old guys say), still plays like gangbusters.

Jedi has actually become more and more problematic. I'm lookin' at you "Jedi Rocks."

True this. A recent viewing of ANH has confirmed for me that Jedi was definitely hit the hardest by all the SE silliness. Say what you will about things like Greedo shooting (not really first at this point) and the utterly supurfuous Jabba scene, but Star Wars (as the old guys say), still plays like gangbusters.

Jedi has actually become more and more problematic. I'm lookin' at you "Jedi Rocks."

How was the dentist? As you can tell I am busy hard at work. :wave And yeah "Jedi Rocks" breaks the movie. Really brings it to a halt. Richard Marquand is rolling in his grave.

Jedi Rocks has about 0% of the charm of the original Rebo band song.

How was the dentist? As you can tell I am busy hard at work. :wave And yeah "Jedi Rocks" breaks the movie. Really brings it to a halt. Richard Marquand is rolling in his grave.

I'm sure that FLOSI loves the idea of us using his namesake thread to discuss boring RL matters that are in no way related to any galaxies far, far away.

I haven't seen the latest revision of Jedi yet, but I continue to be amazed by GL's seeming animosity towards it. I mean even the deep, dark depths of Episode II (IMO the worst movie in the series) don't hold anything as in-your-mouth bad as "Jedi Rocks."

The original song sounded like aliens making music. The SE song sounds like a Star Tours kiddie number.

Double Penetration Love aka David meet FLOSI aka Rich. David is my bff in RL.

I'm sure that FLOSI loves the idea of us using his namesake thread to discuss boring RL matters that are in no way related to any galaxies far, far away.

I haven't seen the latest revision of Jedi yet, but I continue to be amazed by GL's seeming animosity towards it. I mean even the deep, dark depths of Episode II (IMO the worst movie in the series) don't hold anything as in-your-mouth bad as "Jedi Rocks."

Don't worry, he's cool with it. Flosi and I go way back to being inter-friends from 2009. :duff I haven't finished AOTC yet...

The original song sounded like aliens making music. The SE song sounds like a Star Tours kiddie number.

Sy Snootles actually looked like a borderline grotesque alien as well instead of a ridiculous cartoon character.

I only discuss real life matters that are entirely embarassing, thus not boring. And Nick started this thread, so even though he decided to use my name in the title I'm still just a normal participant.

So epII is worse than epI in your opinion?

Nice to meet you, David. :wave

Not that you asked me but I'll run with it. I could finish TPM in one sitting, and quite enjoyed it after all these years. AOTC has a weird flow to it and turned it off once Natalie Portman ate a fake-ass pear. I intend to finish it as I am almost to the good part(s).

:lecture Every now and then I get the urge to kiss you Marc.

Then I remember that you're male and that urge rapidly dissipates. Still, well said.

Not that you asked me but I'll run with it. I could finish TPM in one sitting, and quite enjoyed it after all these years. AOTC has a weird flow to it and turned it off once Natalie Portman ate a fake-ass pear. I intend to finish it as I am almost to the good part(s).

I must confess I didn't actually watch all of AOTC when I did my blu-ray marathon last week. I had it on but saw to other chores throughout the course of the film and would peek at it occasionally. I did sit down and watch everything from the arena to the end though. :lecture

:lecture Every now and then I get the urge to kiss you Marc.

Then I remember that you're male and that urge rapidly dissipates. Still, well said.

Oh boy, what are you looking to be 3rd wife after Chase? :panic:

Back