(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

Didn't even realize the wolfman was removed until I read about it today... so lame.

The rock magically disappearing is really one of funnier ones; just shows how half-assed and arbitrary these decisions are. According to one review I saw the lightsabers are only color corrected in some scenes, but still the wrong color in others :huh

Guess this give Lucas another excuse to release more versions in a year or two :lol

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

Oh, and the orange R5 is still there.

Maybe I have the color wrong. Right before the Sandtroopers stop Luke and Ben, a droid crosses the street in front of them. Last time I watched the SE dvd, it was a ronto instead. Did it get changed back?

EDIT: now that I've had a second to think, it may have been a green R2 unit. The orange R5 is on the street when they first arrive.

Last edited:

Maybe I have the color wrong. Right before the Sandtroopers stop Luke and Ben, a droid crosses the street in front of them. Last time I watched the SE dvd, it was a ronto instead. Did it get changed back?

EDIT: now that I've had a second to think, it may have been a green R2 unit. The orange R5 is on the street when they first arrive.

I just double checked; the ronto crosses, there's a screen wipe to the Sandtoopers scene, then the orange R5 crosses in front of them.

Then it was probably the green R2 unit that the ronto replaced. I wish I was at home so I could check it.

Do you have an unaltered copy?

Yep. More unnecessary changes.

And some of the more blasphemous in my estimation. If you could point to one scene in Star Wars that immediately put it a few steps beyond anything that was done previously it was the cantina. To just piss all over the extraordinary work that the special effects crews did years ago is nothing short of a slap in the face.

"I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." :lol

Then it was probably the green R2 unit that the ronto replaced. I wish I was at home so I could check it.

Do you have an unaltered copy?

I have the unaltered DVD set, but I'm not sure where it is right now. :lol

I have that set as well... but not much fun watching it since it doesn't upscale.

Guess I need to go ahead and sell that set while people are still upset about the BluRay release :lecture

I have that set as well... but not much fun watching it since it doesn't upscale.

Guess I need to go ahead and sell that set while people are still upset about the BluRay release :lecture

Good thinking. :lecture

I've kept every version of SW I've ever owned.

I've kept every version of SW I've ever owned.

The only ones I don't still have are the VHS. I still have the laserdiscs and DVDs.

I have all my VCR tapes going back to the 80s. I even have a copy of Empire on Beta. :lol

I have all my VCR tapes going back to the 80s. I even have a copy of Empire on Beta. :lol

Seeing that box of stuff you showed earlier, I'm not surprised. :nana:

i still have my vhs versions as well........:yess:.........but no vcr to play them on.............:lol

This logo takes me back to watching SW on VHS in the early 90's. :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InQVZm60QGA"]CBS/Fox Home Video - YouTube[/ame]

Methinks Batty may be a hoarder :lol

When it comes to the films I get rid of older versions if I am getting a better copy. I knew I'd never watch the VHS tapes after I bought a nice bootleg DVD set of the OT (basically THX Laserdiscs copied to a DVD). And now that I have the Harmys and will eventually buy the BluRay set, so the 2006 DVDs are next to go.

Looks like I can get around $75 for the OT set and maybe another $30 for the PT. That more than pays for a BluRay boxset :lol

Looks like I can get around $75 for the OT set and maybe another $30 for the PT. That more than pays for a BluRay boxset :lol

People are paying that much? Hmmmmmm.

Yep, pretty regularly if you look at completed auctions.

The movies themselves sell for a bit more (around $30) individually. I'll be listing mine this weekend.

Yep, pretty regularly if you look at completed auctions.

The movies themselves sell for a bit more (around $30) individually. I'll be listing mine this weekend.

Wowzers. :google

And I have the Best Buy tin. Time to list mine, too.

Methinks Batty may be a hoarder :lol

When it comes to the films I get rid of older versions if I am getting a better copy. I knew I'd never watch the VHS tapes after I bought a nice bootleg DVD set of the OT (basically THX Laserdiscs copied to a DVD). And now that I have the Harmys and will eventually buy the BluRay set, so the 2006 DVDs are next to go.

No, not quite. :lol

But the OT and Batman are the two areas of collecting that I've held onto most of what I collected(non-figure-wise). I actually own more books than anything else.

Back