(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

Oh snap! Khev drew a line in the sand. :lol

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

Well I guess I would have to think of the OT when I watch the PT but I don't really do the reverse. :lol

EDIT: Keep in mind my "line in the sand" is not an OT/PT thing, its for all six films. I don't for a second allow that Luke and Leia are twins or even that Ian McDiarmid is the Emperor when I watch TESB. I take each film as its own version of the story only with regard to what has come before, not after.

Last edited:

I know, I know. I am just bustin' your balls.

Right on Batty! And Rich, I hear you man. I prefer the time when I didn't know what the Clone Wars was, when you had to picture what the "lava planet" or the "Imperial City" would look like. When you had to fill in the gaps yourself. Wondering what Boba Fett and the Stormtroopers looked like without their masks. A little mystery goes a long way...

What you've just said brings me full circle to the reason why the PT just doesn't "do it" for me. It's entirely back fill (I know that was a completely obvious statement :lol). We visit the same planets, for the most part, and learn about tons of characters that we already knew about, Obi Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, Vader/Anakin, Chewbacca, the droids, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers/Clones and so on, yet none of that really makes any of those characters any more enjoyable, in fact in most cases the back story diminishes those characters by taking away the mystery that surrounds them. Very few characters of any depth were added to the SW legacy in those three films and really, the overall story, or at least the most important parts, were unchanged so in the end I can really do without it.

Luke, Leia, Han >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anakin, Padme, Obi Wan

What you've just said brings me full circle to the reason why the PT just doesn't "do it" for me. It's entirely back fill (I know that was a completely obvious statement :lol). We visit the same planets, for the most part, and learn about tons of characters that we already knew about, Obi Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, Vader/Anakin, Chewbacca, the droids, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers/Clones and so on, yet none of that really makes any of those characters any more enjoyable, in fact in most cases the back story diminishes those characters by taking away the mystery that surrounds them. Very few characters of any depth were added to the SW legacy in those three films and really, the overall story, or at least the most important parts, were unchanged so in the end I can really do without it.

Luke, Leia, Han >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anakin, Padme, Obi Wan

So you're saying the whole PT could've been done in a Marvel Super Special? :lol

It's funny because it's true. :rotfl

I do think its funny that Boba Fett and Vader are more badass in the Holiday Special cartoon than the prequels. :lol

So you're saying the whole PT could've been done in a Marvel Super Special? :lol

It's funny because it's true. :rotfl

I just don't see where it really added to the overall SW tale. It was more a vehicle to answer all the individual questions that surround most of the main characters, but none of that changed anything other than, perhaps, diminishing Vader as a villain. There was no major plot twist and no real enhancement to the OT. I think we've all tried to look at the PT in as warm a light as possible, but in the end the story is weak.

I did dig the light-saber battles. :lol

Wow, this thread suddenly became "group" for Lucas childhood rape victims. :lol

Wow, this whole thread suddenly became "group" for Lucas childhood rape victims. :lol

No, that's inaccurate. No one is whining here, pretty sure everyone is speaking clear and concise on how they feel. You don't have to accept spoon-fed, watered-down, made for the lowest-common denominator version of Star Wars. :dunno

All topics are fair game in this thread. Even Lucas-bashing. :lecture

No, that's inaccurate. No one is whining here, pretty sure everyone is speaking clear and concise on how they feel. You don't have to accept spoon-fed, watered-down, made for the lowest-common denominator version of Star Wars. :dunno

I'm going to compartmentalize your post so I'm not offended. :tap :pfft:

All topics are fair game in this thread. Even Lucas-bashing. :lecture

Right, I said the good and the bad (warts and all) in the first post.

I'm going to compartmentalize your post so I'm not offended. :tap :pfft:

:wink1: I will say the CW started off with a good start. I like the prequels, otherwise I'd be a hypocrite. And compartmentalize? Don't use words Flosi has to look up.

:wink1: I will say the CW started off with a good start. I like the prequels, otherwise I'd be a hypocrite. And compartmentalize? Don't use words Flosi has to look up.

He's a mod now. He can just edit the words he doesn't know. :lol

And anyway, everyone knows the "cool guys" are generally not fans of the SE; its just part of the entrance requirements :lol

So I watched Harmy's Star Wars last night and I have to say it was great! It's been a long time since I was able to watch A New Hope and not have to anticipate some ridiculous change or feel bothered by the fact I was unable to watch my preferred version of the films. Even though its not a 100% upscale of the originals; he did a great job of combining the cleaned up effects shots of the SE, but getting as close to the original as possible while still having the best quality picture.

I'll be watching ESB tonight and finish off with ROTJ on Wednesday :rock

And anyway, everyone knows the "cool guys" are generally not fans of the SE; its just part of the entrance requirements :lol

So I watched Harmy's Star Wars last night and I have to say it was great! It's been a long time since I was able to watch A New Hope and not have to anticipate some ridiculous change or feel bothered by the fact I was unable to watch my preferred version of the films. Even though its not a 100% upscale of the originals; he did a great job of combining the cleaned up effects shots of the SE, but getting as close to the original as possible while still having the best quality picture.

I'll be watching ESB tonight and finish off with ROTJ on Wednesday :rock

Yep, the Harmy versions are basically the best possible "Special Edition" I could have hoped for. Cleaned up matte boxes, no snowspeeder transparencies, but otherwise the exact same shot for shot edit and soundtrack of the original films.

I really think these are now the best versions of the OT that have ever been released. I truly feel that balance has been restored and I can let go of any and everything that ever annoyed me about the SE's, as well as fully enjoying the PT on its own terms. :lol

Right, I said the good and the bad (warts and all) in the first post.

He's a mod now. He can just edit the words he doesn't know. :lol

Pfft... Pick on Flosi day, eh?:mad:

fordn.jpg

Back