(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Nah to the ESB. Jedi is my fave flick and it would a lot cheaper doing it this way. :)

Impressive that you can hold to limits. Most impressive.

I think I talked myself into an ESB set, though. Something to strive for before I'm dead.

Impressive that you can hold to limits. Most impressive.

I think I talked myself into an ESB set, though. Something to strive for before I'm dead.

Don't let me fool you. I may be focused but I have like 50 focuses. :lol

An ESB would be nice looking. Start small and work your way up. Good luck with Fett though. Yikes!

I won't be starting any time soon. I won't even think about it until I own a house and am at least 50% certain that I'll be able to keep it.

But when I do, watch out. :cool:

The comic is really nice, very nice indeed. But the thing is, I've got thousands of comics, and they very rarely get looked at. Sure, when I checked on it tonight to be sure it was a 9.8, I got that sweet feeling. But it's probably been four or five months since I even peeked at it. I've got a feeling these vintage figures will be on display and I'll enjoy them more on a daily basis and therefore have an even greater return on my investment.

And yes, the AFA cases are quite alluring, and honestly the thing that caused me to spring for two additional loose droids so soon after picking up my first set of three. I'm really excited to see what a full case looks like in person. Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday.

So, as much as I've been a comics guy for decades now, I feel like I'm bringing it back to the nostalgia of my formative years. Even so much as to have asked my mother if she has any photos of me opening Star Wars toys in particular, during our Mother's Day conversation yesterday. Like others, I feel like the 3 3/4 line was like lightning in a bottle. They are like the zeitgeist of the late 70's and early 80's, and so important to a vast majority of those my age or thereabouts.

Now Waller's going to :thwak me when he reads my big words in the morning...

Think ah even saw sum forner werds in 'ere.

I have a picture of me holding my Vader TIE Fighter, Christmas 1980. I hope your mom can dig something up for you. It's an amazing feeling to be able to look back and see yourself experiencing that.

Wow, that's a nice chunk of change. :horror

You should be there soon I would think. What grade are you looking for?

85, as good as I can get. Yeah, I have about $3000 in graded comics which I'll prolly start listing on eBay tomorrow. Then sets of my loose comics. Need to pay CC's off too!

Been watching that one. But! I'm kind of after a no punch, no price tag, 85 NM+... :horror

Go for the gusto, right? ;)

fury never misses an opportunity! ;)

CA07FACD-980B-4AD2-A0DC-C0FBDA28D753-946-0000008979CE9776_zpsf4f23693.jpg

They're up me bum! :monkey3

precious! :lol

Actually, mom said I gotta talk to dad to see. They're divorced since I was 14, and he kept the bulk of the photo albums. But she also reminded me about a keepsake album she created for me some years ago for Christmas, and said I should look in there. Gotta dig that out...

I started young. We refer to alcohol as the force in my family.

"The force is strong with this one." :vader

We need Devil to shop in a bottle of beer in your right hand.

HA! That pic is great.

I had hoped I'd never see that naked furystorm picture posted here again, but there it is. :gah:

I shouldn't have read furystorm's picture post. :(

In other new, good morning all! :lol

Should be getting $575 for my Primer 2. :D

I should say, the Primer is a CGC 9.8 with white pages!

That will go a long way toward a 12 back. Between that and the textbook sales, I should be pretty close, and sooner than I thought.

Yeah, I'm crazy for the R2, but I'm gonna collect R5 too. Already have a carded ESB R2 on the way (graduation gift). I'll be buying the 12 back for myself. I want a carded R2 from each film, and all loose R2 including the animated! I know, I'm nuts. I'm also getting one of every droid loose AFA...

That's great! It's odd the amount of money difference between grades... a 9.6 is like $250... 9.8 $600! just that .2 doubles the price!

You can tell fury is serious about a carded R2 if he's selling the first appearance of Grendel. :panic:

Back