(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Think ah even saw sum forner werds in 'ere.

I have a picture of me holding my Vader TIE Fighter, Christmas 1980. I hope your mom can dig something up for you. It's an amazing feeling to be able to look back and see yourself experiencing that.

I had an pic of my older brother opening an x-wing at Christmas back from the '78 or so... so when the POTF2 line came out, I got him one of the new x-wings, and snapped a pic right as he opened it just like the ol '78 pic. :yess: Pretty cool. He now has a pic of him as a kid, and an adult nearly 20 years later opening an X-eing at Christmas.

Yeah, 9.8s are just so gorgeous though. Almost like right off the press, and this book is from '82 or '83, so there might be like 10 or so in that grade.

You know I'm feeling like moving the comics, mostly because they're all just hidden from view, and yet taking up so much space at the same time. I'm listing the rest of the CGC's today, after researching jobs...

You know I'm feeling like moving the comics, mostly because they're all just hidden from view, and yet taking up so much space at the same time. I'm listing the rest of the CGC's today, after researching jobs...

Funny how I bought that one graded comic and then veered towards posters. :panic:

:lol

Yeah, I was putting some recent comics away this weekend and realized that I can let go of a ton of them. Some I don't think I'll ever go back and read, and have no real sentimental value to me... I think I'm ready for a huge purge on them. I don't think I have anything of huge value though, as I always just collected to read them and enjoy the art etc.

I was wondering about this yesterday. If you ever got more of the run...

Is it still on your list of wants?

Not sure since I wouldn't be able to read them. They sure look nice slabbed, though. Just like AFA figures. :yess:

They do look nice. The solution for wanting to read them is to have either nice hardcover copies of the story lines on your shelves, or even just beater trades. There is definitely a schism between collecting comics, which we all admired as kids, and looked forward to new comic book day, which I remember being on Friday, and bolting off the bus at the end of the school day, hitting the bike, and high-tailing it to my local comic shop; and collecting them again twenty or thirty years later, slabbed in a CGC graded envelope...

The same could almost be said for vintage 3 3/4 though. Because, you know I'm not going to Brewster's Millions my AFA 12 Back R2 once he arrives...

Whew, that felt good. :D

Why do I keep scrolling up to look at that Erin Gray picture???

erin_gray_revealing_blue_swimming_costume.jpg

I miss the 80's

ErinGray.jpg

I don't know who this Erin Gray is, but she's veryy yummyyy! :drool

Happy Birthday, George Lucas. Thank you for bringing Star Wars into all our lives. :duff

George-Lucas-with-Camera-thumb-550x366-58467.jpg

Happy birthday, George! I have nothing witty to say. :lol

Got paid for my comic! R2 fund going up! :yess:

Happy birthday to the Maker!!

On to other Disney news, I printed out a $7 coupon for Oz the Great and Powerful combo pack. It still doesn't mean I like Disney for messing up the combos!! GRR!! :(

Happy birthday to the Maker!!

On to other Disney news, I printed out a $7 coupon for Oz the Great and Powerful combo pack. It still doesn't mean I like Disney for messing up the combos!! GRR!! :(

That movie is out today already??

How did they mess up the combo packs?

Back