Firefly Shipworks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not mass produced, it's like the Master Replicas Millennium Falcon, and remember how much that cost, so $1,000 isn't to bad considering. It will light up though, and possibly have the gravity ring spinning, but we'll have to wait and see for that. Remember that this is being made by people that make actual filming models for movies so it's the highest quality available.

It is mass-produced as was the MR Falcon. Which was 3 feet across and lit up. I've never been in the "it's expensive it must be big" school, but at 18 inches this is too small to be $1000.

I hear ya Dave ........................................ but, it's bigger than a mass produced Daddy Rog and cheaper to boot! :lol

It'll be very interesting to see how this turns out, and it's pricepoint. That danged Cylon Raider isn't nearly as detailed, or as big as Serenity will be, and it has a $1k tag. That and a Viper, if they make one, would make a nice display .......... I just don't have that many $1K bills lying around. :horror

:D

$1,000 is speculation based on the cost of the Cylon Raider they're doing and other stuff that they've made.

They won't announce the actual price until they have the prototype completely finished and are ready to take orders.

The price shouldn't be too bad, they're trying to get this available to more people, so they'll do as much as they can to get the price down. They Raider is more exclusive type thing that they will be making in more limited numbers. And remember that all these will be hand built and hand painted.

New update has it set for the ship sculpt to finish somewhere around the end of this month then it'll go to painting and setting up the lighting features--they think they'll be shipping Q1 of 2009.

finishedkit-1.jpg

https://www.fireflyshipworks.com/2009/02/building-a-firefly-part-five/

The sculpt is finished, they're starting work on painting and electronics, should have ordering starting some time in Summer. Each one will be hand built and painted by professional modelmakers. There will be options for what position you want it posed in as far as engines (because they'd be too weak to be posable) when orders are placed. Although they are still looking into ideas about trying to make it so you can pose the engines.

Note that from these pictures, it isn't all the pieces, this is what they had at a recent convention, it's still missing a few things on the engines along with the piping on the reactor (metal piping) and the bridge interior.

Man that is great looking, I can't afford it; well at least still afford it and remain married. But damn is it awesome!

Back