FIREFLY CLOTHING THREAD(9/18/12 UPDATED LIST PAGE 1)-SMcG Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mal Reynolds Coat and Zoe Vest-SMcG

Chad, I hope I'm not asking to betray a trade secret, but where do you get your buckles and buttons and what size do you use?
I was looking at the "Rio Rondo" site but wasn't sure what to order.

If anyone wants to make the Gun shirt - I've found the serenity version of the design for the chest and the arm.

Send me a PM for them =]

Here's how my Mal is looking at the moment:

4puvsi.jpg

20hjz2x.jpg

v685k7.jpg

r0c9z5.jpg

We also have an alternate shirt, but I couldn't be bothered changing the shirt, too much hassle lol

Still need to get the rigs from stevos toys and wait for the correct bodies to come to I can mod the Mal head and get it painted up.

Looks awesome so far!

A few questions:

1. What boots are you using and where did you get them?
2. How did you do the strip down his pants? It looks great and I might want to replicate that.

Thanks!

The boots are the Albert Wesker ones from hot toys, repainted

The strip on his trousers ais 3mm brown grosgrain fabric that I glued on.

So what do Mal's (Firefly or Serenity) boots look like?

So what do Mal's (Firefly or Serenity) boots look like?

b24_1160.jpg

b31_1171.jpg

There's nothing out there that looks THAT close to Mal's actual Firefly boots...I like my NLM boots because of their color, height and the material they're made out of. You just have to pick some criteria that are important to you. That is unless someone does some heavy modding to some existing boots!

Thanks MM, those NLM do look like they'd be the closest version.

I'm thinking of modding the boots to be more accurate, or rather, getting come plastic jackboots and modding them to be more accurate.

Seems like adding the piping to a pair would do the trick.

Yeah, I'm thinking adding some wire on the toe, then sculpting the ridge at the top of the piping then sculpting the bit at the top too

Yahoo...I got my headsculpts back today from my painter and took a few pics of them for myself.

I just sent a few emails out to those who were interested in getting a hold of me for assistance with theirs.

Now its my turn to start putting my stuff together.

FIREFLYCOLLAGEDOC[1].jpg

Chad
SMcG Customs

Last edited:

Wow! Those look great! Really beautiful clean paintwork. I guess my only 'criticism' (and that's too harsh a word, really) is that I wouldn't mind more Jayne paintups to have a darker goatee.

But that's just my preference! excellent quality work!!
Trev

:slapUPDATE:

I have a prototype of the Jayne hat done and I just got a hold of some colors that should work for the final versions. Talk about a pain in the neck...I didn't think it would be that tough to find the colors in that small of a sock yarn.
I hope to have a few done towards the end of next week and ready for early April purchase...as long as the interest is still there. I hope they turn out to everyones approval.
I am going to do a couple of test screen prints for the Jayne Blue Sun Tank tomorrow afternoon and hopefully I will get some clean prints. If I do, I will start making a couple of them.

A lot going on I know.......but what would life be without so much going on.

OH...and on a personal note...I finally will get a chance to start making my own Mal Coat, Jayne items and Zoe stuff for myself...Minus the vest...:slap

Chad
SMcG

smcgcustoms.com

Dam with All that cool stuff for Jayne I should have gotten a head:banghead...after all he's
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmHP03Ku4F0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmHP03Ku4F0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Great news! Definitely still interested in any Jayne gear.

Anyone got any ideas on Vera ? I sent pics to Stevo ages ago when I first saw the Mal & Zoe rigs, but its never eventuated....

Great news! Definitely still interested in any Jayne gear.

Anyone got any ideas on Vera ? I sent pics to Stevo ages ago when I first saw the Mal & Zoe rigs, but its never eventuated....
I just saw a pix of herand i all i got to say is good luck with that...
Saiga12FireflyVera2.jpg

if anybody need infor about the guns they use On firefly here's a good Link....
https://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Firefly

Chad, if I might ask, how the heck do you sew a collar in a miniature t-shirt???

Back