Financial trouble due to collecting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the fact that when Celtic is called out on being a kid, and a newb at life he don't get all pissy like some kiddies do. He takes it in stride and realizes it's true and that to argue against it would be folly.

Man when you're 35 you're gonna be a stand up MAN!

:cool:

LOL! I'm joining you and Wez next time! :rock

That dude needs Jesus :lecture

I love this hobby and there are so many figures I want to own but with working only a part time job, I have to be very selective with what I purchase and I've missed out on many figures I would kill to own. That being said I'm not one to judge as I used to be real into collecting horror movie masks from indipendent artists (if you think this hobby is expensive see how bad the prices on indy masks are) and I easily spent more money on those than I should have considering the money I was making at the time. I ended up having to move back in with my parents, sell most of my collection and worse once the economy really hit rock bottom, I lost my crappy job and still haven't found a full time job to this date. Now that I've lived and learned I would never would I put a peice of rubber or a plastic toy over my financial prioities. As a matter of fact I only own 4 1/6 figures at the moment. Yes with so many awesome new figures being released, it's very tempting at times, there have also been time where I probably could have afforded a figure or 2 but I decided to save that money for something more important just in case.

If the mother of your children and a bankruptcy can't straighten you out, you can't expect us to. No offense, but you need to grow up. If you can't grow up, then you might need your wife/girlfriend to be your mommy.

I love this hobby and there are so many figures I want to own but with working only a part time job, I have to be very selective with what I purchase and I've missed out on many figures I would kill to own. That being said I'm not one to judge as I used to be real into collecting horror movie masks from indipendent artists (if you think this hobby is expensive see how bad the prices on indy masks are) and I easily spent more money on those than I should have considering the money I was making at the time. I ended up having to move back in with my parents, sell most of my collection and worse once the economy really hit rock bottom, I lost my crappy job and still haven't found a full time job to this date. Now that I've lived and learned I would never would I put a peice of rubber or a plastic toy over my financial prioities. As a matter of fact I only own 4 1/6 figures at the moment. Yes with so many awesome new figures being released, it's very tempting at times, there have also been time where I probably could have afforded a figure or 2 but I decided to save that money for something more important just in case.

Ok let me ask a question and don't take this the wrong way but HOW IN THE HELL do some many collectors collect without a JOB!!!!

There's so many jobless collectors, I really don't see how they do it!

Everyone has to be living with their parents and pay no rent/mortgage!!!! :lecture

Ok let me ask a question and don't take this the wrong way but HOW IN THE HELL do some many collectors collect without a JOB!!!!

There's so many jobless collectors, I really don't see how they do it!

Everyone has to be living with their parents and pay no rent/mortgage!!!! :lecture

I have a job but it's part time. I work on average 2 or 3 days a week but then there are weeks were I don't work at all (not because I don't want to, but because they don't need me). Hell in april I only got 5 days of work total. Unfrtunately as embarressing as it is to admit, I do live with my parents but it's not like it's free. I'm expected to for cetain utilties etc.

I have a job but it's part time. I work on average 2 or 3 days a week but then there are weeks were I don't work at all (not because I don't want to, but because they don't need me). Hell in april I only got 5 days of work total. Unfrtunately as embarressing as it is to admit, I do live with my parents but it's not like it's free. I'm expected to for cetain utilties etc.

Ok, so your situation is a little different but there are few here that are jobless and these collectibles aren't the cheapest of things to be spending money on.

Do they file unemployment and spend that money on toys?

Allowance.

W.......... TTTT......... F!!!!!!!! :rotfl that's one hell of an allowance.

Back