Finally have my review of the Hot Toys Batman/Joker!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review!

Don't remember THIS from the movie:

review_htdkbats_8.jpg

:D

It's a little known fact that Bruce Wayne relaxes using intepretive dance.

Great reviews as always... bummer about the gloss on his cowl, didn't have that on mine.

So HT will actually replace wrist pegs? The only 2 figures I have on muscle bodies both had one wrist peg break. I think the rubber makes it harder to judge the stress point (at least it did for me) which led to breakage. I'll have to see if I can get a replacement.

Wow, that head sculpt of him with the mask on is amazing. Now I want one, I knew I shouldn't have come in this thread.

Great pics, and great review Michael... so our final lowdowns aren't too far apart. Can't wait for the TDK version... not to mention the Batpod and Tumbler.

Great review as always. I will disagree on two minor points - first that the use of stands isn't necessary with these figures (Bats will do it on his own, but you need to find exactly the right spot...and given how easily his ankles buckle from under him if it's not just that right spot, I don't want to take the chance) and second that Batman's accessories are four-star worthy. I'm not sure what else to give him, but it would be great to see him with some more stuff.

Great reviews. At first I thought you were a little harsh on the Joker but that is just my own bias for the character. Oh well, I have v2 pre-ordered!

After reading your review, I decided I'll sell my Takara Batman. I was going to keep him and pose him in the cliff jumping gear, but decided he'll just seem out of place with the new Hot Toys figures nearby. Both my Hot Toys V1 and Takara versions should be hitting Ebay soon.

I'm waffling a bit on the Takara because of the grappling gear as well...once I have them out again together, I'll decide.

I'm waffling a bit on the Takara because of the grappling gear as well...once I have them out again together, I'll decide.

Does the grappling gear fit on the HT Batman? I haven't seen any pics or comments indicating the possibility.

If it does indeed fit, you could just keep the harness and sell the figure.

Someone posted an image of the Takara bats with the HT head in the harness... looked good. And if you already have the Taks its a good usage of the figure.

Hi, I've just joined this forum, and I'd like to say to Michael that your review got me buying 1:6 scale figures... So I'm holding you responsible if anything goes wrong with my wallet.. joking.

Anyway, great review Michael, and here's a photoshop of how the bank robber head will look on the original Joker. Hope you don't mind me using your photo.

review_htdkbats_headSwitch.jpg

Can't wait to read your review on Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 3...

Hi, I've just joined this forum, and I'd like to say to Michael that your review got me buying 1:6 scale figures... So I'm holding you responsible if anything goes wrong with my wallet.. joking.
I can claim the same thing. I've been reading your reviews for over a year now, and they are the main reason that I've been getting into these things recently. Thanks a lot. . .

. . .bastard

Back