Finally Got Married!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Planning My Wedding

and money in pocket. Im just simple minimalist though. As BG noted, you dont want feelings of regret and the "i wish we would have dont this instead"

I am a boy...i have a weiner :D

tumblr_lmymr39wdp1qew73k.gif

and money in pocket. Im just simple minimalist though. As BG noted, you dont want feelings of regret and the "i wish we would have dont this instead"

I am a boy...i have a weiner :D

When you're an adult, you'll have a Kielbasa! :horror

I don't have anything new to add on the wedding planning front that hasn't already been said but I do want to wish BuffyGirl and BuffBuff all the best and I hope they have many many years of happiness together. :clap:clap:clap

Hey BG, I just stumbled across this thread (I do not venture here all that often).

Heartfelt congratulations. You seem very sensible, so I am sure you will carry off a lovely wedding at the budget you mention.

I always have been one for romance, but never was into the wedding itself for some reason. Eloping and running of to Gretna Green always sounded better.

Hey BG, I just stumbled across this thread (I do not venture here all that often).

Heartfelt congratulations. You seem very sensible, so I am sure you will carry off a lovely wedding at the budget you mention.

I always have been one for romance, but never was into the wedding itself for some reason. Eloping and running of to Gretna Green always sounded better.

Haha. Yeah, you know...if we didn't have families on either side that would be upset if we did that, we would just blow all of our money at con. :lol But in all honesty, we do want the pretty dresses and such.

I don't have anything new to add on the wedding planning front that hasn't already been said but I do want to wish BuffyGirl and BuffBuff all the best and I hope they have many many years of happiness together. :clap:clap:clap

Thank you very much! :1-1:

I got engaged at Disneyworld last summer and we're planning a non-existant wedding. We're using the money to get a house and to go somewhere nice.

The place is free and I am thinking private property, so they can legally do it. But BuffyGirl can answer that.

My question do you both wear a dress or one of you wear a suit, LOL.

The place is free and I am thinking private property, so they can legally do it. But BuffyGirl can answer that.

My question do you both wear a dress or one of you wear a suit, LOL.

Can private properties enact a kind of Jim Crow rule like that? Do they only do interracial marriages on leap years?

Sometimes this country ____ing disgusts me.

Yea but what can we do. Various companies deal with public relation all the time. We can boycott a company but this place isn't like a regular company. New Jersey Governor Christie vetoed a bill allowing gay marriage recently. He said he'll let the people decide. He may be good at balancing the budget to some point, but I don't see him as a leader. There's lots of self righteous people like him out there.
I guess we have our rights to our toys and statues? I can always criticise this and that but I got my own issue to deal with. And its not a gay issue.

Last edited:

In the end, it doesn't matter. There are people who will be against one thing or another. Sadly, the big issue today seems to be same-sex. You know, besides all of the other major stuff going on. ;)

Many years ago it was about race, and then inter-racial marriages. Many years from now it will be something different. I'm just glad there are allowances (though we should be free, not just allowed) for me now, rather than nothing at all.

So, away from politics as I don't want that to take over this thread...

I'm about to send off an email to set a date to view a few spots at the location we love. I'm nervous to make the appointment because we're pretty sure that's where we will have it. Once we go and fully decide, it's time to set a date. I'm so nervous!!! Even though I am excited.

I just went to a wedding for my cousin this weekend Buffy. A suggestion: get a good DJ! Not for the music but to keep the guests interested and to get people moving. My cousin's DJ didn't want to control the party like he should and there was A LOT of downtime. Make sure the DJ controls the party and keeps everything moving. He/she needs to get through the boring traditional stuff (bouquet tossing, first dance, cutting of the cake) and get to the fun stuff as quickly as possible (chicken dance, electric slide, congo lines).

Isn't this kind of ____ ILLEGAL?

It is their establishment, so they should be able to tell people they must be married whenever they want, and wearing whatever they want. If people don't like it, they can go somewhere else. If enough people object, either the business changes their policies or they go out of business. It should be their right to decide how they provide their services, when they provide their services, and to who.
If I was getting married, I would seek a place that supported my beliefs on the matter, because it's what they actually believed in, and not just because they were forced.

I just went to a wedding for my cousin this weekend Buffy. A suggestion: get a good DJ! Not for the music but to keep the guests interested and to get people moving. My cousin's DJ didn't want to control the party like he should and there was A LOT of downtime. Make sure the DJ controls the party and keeps everything moving. He/she needs to get through the boring traditional stuff (bouquet tossing, first dance, cutting of the cake) and get to the fun stuff as quickly as possible (chicken dance, electric slide, congo lines).

:exactly::goodpost:

That is key. We had an awesome DJ at our wedding and it make all the difference.

Is this a same sex marriage? If so i won't give any advice as i don't believe in that sort of thing. (not a religious dealio either.) If not i can let me know.

Back